TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Excited for all this!

Dunno if it's been asked before, but how is the load from biomes to be distributed? Considering how things are with the server(s?) at the moment, it's a little concerning...

Imagine you had an ND, would you simply throw it to AP, because you cannot gift it?

I´d be curious on that answer really

I would yes.

I often throw good quality, low generation, clean lineaged golds and silvers to the AP and let nature take its course because it's EASIER to do that than it is to try and "gift" it to someone. My actual gifting list of "promises" for golds/silvers currently stands pretty close to empty now because when I do have rares available PMs are ignored or people don't want to make room on their scroll to take it because of other commitments so their promised rare gets dumped to the AP - their loss is someone else's joyful guilt-free gain. Of the 40 golds/silvers I've given away so far - only 17 were actually gifted - the other 23 were randomly dumped to the AP.

My christmas dragons last year - all random drops - not gifted / not promised. 3 people happy that may not have had a chance had they all been "promised gifts".

My halloween pumpkins this year - all random drops - not gifted / not promised. 12 people happy that may not have had a chance had they all been "promised gifts".

My valentines this year - only 2 eggs were promised to people I didn't know. I didn't have any intentions of promising eggs to anyone for valentines, but the offers came up while working on other trades with those 2 people a couple weeks before Valentines. My vals produced a total of 7 eggs. 5 people happy that may not have had a chance had they all been "promised gifts". Well 4 people to be technical since one of the AP dumped eggs was killed by its owner through neglect... someone so new to the game they didn't know how to care for eggs/hatchlings at all.

Finally, some of these breed-specific actions are being added. Can't wait for all of this!

Members please refrain, from turning this topic into a battle over Holly breeding or not breeding.

Regarding the Biomes... When a new release is going to be dropped are the rest of the biomes going to be closed until the new eggs are done being released and sorted into their proper Biomes? If that's the case then, what would stop that ONE biome from being completely overrun by people until they "had their fill" so to speak? I really like the ideas don't get me wrong....

I would assume the logical thing to do to spread the load would be to have the new releases dropped in all biomes at the same time so more people are getting their eggs faster across the board rather than have everyone crowded in one biome fighting for a couple of eggs at a time like as currently happens with the main cave. once the new dragons grow up and we know what their behavior/nature is like then their eggs would be sorted into whatever biome was most appropriate for it from there on out.

YAHOO! TJ, TJ, YOU'RE SO AWESOME!

TuT

Scroll pages! OMG! SO HAPPY! I have so many dragons it's nearly impossible to keep track of all of them! YES! THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! *celebrating* Now I can organize this thing and actually name my dragons properly! Having pages will make it so much easier to keep track of my dragons' families! HAAAA! *happy crying* BEST THING YET!

Wow TJ, absolutely amazing!

I cannot wait for these to be released~

Ok, was reading through the awesomeness again and it might just be because I am tired or overly excited...but...erm...noobish question...how do you figure out which badge you are? o.O Does it go off the color of the trophy on your scroll?

Any word yet about whether you'll be able to arrange the dragons on the scroll pages yourself?

...Wow.

These changes are amazing! I especially like the "biome" thing.

Ok, was reading through the awesomeness again and it might just be because I am tired or overly excited...but...erm...noobish question...how do you figure out which badge you are? o.O Does it go off the color of the trophy on your scroll?

Yes. You are a silver.

By your scroll trophy, yes.

TJ, thank you for all the hard work you're doing for us. I'm really excited to see some of this stuff being implemented!

Any word yet about whether you'll be able to arrange the dragons on the scroll pages yourself?

From the thread regarding this, and TJ's answer, I am pretty sure that when you set the number of dragons per page, it will always divide any scroll you view into pages of that many dragons, so not exactly. But custom sorts will still work just the same, so in a way you can by sorting your dragons with the number in mind. However, people with a different number of dragons per page won't see them divided the same way.

From the thread regarding this, and TJ's answer, I am pretty sure that when you set the number of dragons per page, it will always divide any scroll you view into pages of that many dragons, so not exactly. But custom sorts will still work just the same, so in a way you can by sorting your dragons with the number in mind. However, people with a different number of dragons per page won't see them divided the same way.

Oh. That kinda makes sense. Thanks. =3

OMGWTFBBQ

This is epic. So, so epic.

I like the idea of being able to have more eggs depending on how many dragons you've got on your scroll. It makes sense. The more dragons you've raised, the more experienced you will be at raising dragons, the more you'll be able to manage at one time.

Fertility will help A LOT. Can't wait for it. :3

I think I remember seeing a topic about the different biomes in the request thread or something... It's a great idea! It'll make it easier to catch individual eggs, as well as increase the chance of you actually getting it.

RAREXRARE Breeding Yay! Now we can make even more beautiful lineages! Squee~!

OMG The refusals going off the breeding list will help SO MUCH. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally bred two dragons that have already refused each other. Especially with my personal lineage project where all the dragons are named almost exactly the same. ^^;

Renaming... I'm not sure how I feel about this. I kind of like the idea of names being 100% permanent, but it would still be nice to change a name you don't like or something... I'll have to think on it more to figure out how I really feel about this one.

S1 Freezing? REALLY? Hooray! That's great! I hope it comes in time for Christmas so I can S1 freeze one of the hatchlings! biggrin.gif

Scroll pages will help people who don't have ninja fast internet. That way they don't have to load a huge amount of dragons if they just want to find someone's scroll. What might be kind of nice is if there was a 'dragon count' of some sort (perhaps next to the bronze/silver/gold badge?) that showed the total number of dragons a scroll contains? I think that might make it easier to navigate a scroll...

Teleport! Finally! I've lost so many eggs to the current trading system. This is going to be so nice! So, how will this work? Will one person send the other a trade message of some sort with their trade offer? I think it would be sort of nice if you could send trade request messages... But we've got the forum, and that works well for that, yes? ^^

8D Vampire bite lineages! How fantastic! I think I saw this in the request thread as well, and I remember thinking that this would be a lovely idea! I can't wait to see my bite lineages!

I still can't believe all this is actually going to happen! I'm really excited about it, especially teleport, and having different area's to hunt for eggs! smile.gif That is so cool! I'm so happy that I'll finally be able to gift some eggs, something I haven't been able to do since I'm no good at the whole catching thing! I can't wait! biggrin.gif

**squishes TJ**

Another way to know exactly what level you are at is to know how many adult/frozen dragons you have. Eggs and hatchlings that are still growing don't count. Bronze badge is 50, Silver badge is 200, Gold is 500.

OH MY AWESOMENESS.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THESE TO HAPPEN!

/SquealSquealSquealSquealSquealSqueal

TJ you are awesome.

Now there will be no more AP stalkers... >8D

Teleport will be... Awesomeness. Now I don't need to worry about losing any eggs in the AP trading thing. Good thing I already have a Magi and a Purple 8D

Edited by Soruc The Dragon

Looks like I'm going to have to start building a magi army. I love the increased limits. <3 Awesome additions! I'm also really looking forward to safer trading. I always get a little stressed about AP trades, 'cause I'd feel really guilty if I managed to successfully catch my egg, but the other person lost theirs.