TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

It's been done for 2 weeks?

/Bangs self in the head

Now I can't wait for all these to be released.

/Hovers over Purple and Magi

My preciousssssss....

Nice! New features!

I'm a little confused about the egg limits though. I mean, I understand the whole badge thing, but if I can only have six eggs, how can I have 18 total? I think I'm reading it wrong. Can someone help clarify that?

I'ma go hoard some magis now.

. _.

THIS IS EPIC.

/crazed flail

*flails about* I wish we had the egg/hatchie limit right now as I'm torn between grabbing the purples for their "fertility" bsa and/or grabbing more magis as I've bred one from my five but *grabby hands* wants more, more, more. This is like two Christmas' rolled into one. And Cheese Curls and Diet/Regular Coca Cola to all the coders and TJ of course!!! biggrin.gif

Can we have it start now, Please???? We are all ready now, and we will be on our very best behavior, we promise! biggrin.gif

Nice! New features!

I'm a little confused about the egg limits though. I mean, I understand the whole badge thing, but if I can only have six eggs, how can I have 18 total? I think I'm reading it wrong. Can someone help clarify that?

You can have a total of 18 eggs and hatchies, with a total of 6 eggs. So, if you have 6 eggs, you can have 12 hatchies, if you have no eggs, you can have 18 hatchies, or any combination in between.

Edited by nonnymouse

In fact, it's been done for at least two weeks.

In that case, let the monkeys out of the cage already! tongue.gif

You can have a total of 18 eggs and hatchies, with a total of 6 eggs. So, if you have 6 eggs, you can have 12 hatchies, if you have no eggs, you can have 18 hatchies, or any combination in between.

Oh okay. I get it now. Thanks for explaining that. I was getting completely confused there >_<

Can we have it start now, Please???? We are all ready now, and we will be on our very best behavior, we promise! biggrin.gif

^ Thissss!

If the features get released now, I will worship TJ foreva and eva and EVA.

Although there might be some Lag... No a lot a lot A LOT of lag.

Edited by Soruc The Dragon

In that case, let the monkeys out of the cage already! tongue.gif

It's not fully tested yet, so I'd rather get the bugs out first.

Like the one I just fixed that made the limit 7 eggs for everyone, regardless of badge.

So what are you waiting for, TJ? For us to all explode with anticipation?

EDIT: ninja'd. Although that's a bug I wouldn't mind so much. biggrin.gif

Edited by Sir_Read-a-Lot

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big hugs for Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait that was a bug, and not another addition wasn't it? Oh well, the hugs still go all around! xd.png

Edited by dragongrrl

Like the one I just fixed that made the limit 7 eggs for everyone, regardless of badge.

So in other words, the monkeys still have issues like eating one banana too many. Alright then, it's best to wait till the monkeys are well behaved before having them run loose.

*sigh* If you insist. *Takes deep breath to keep from exploding* biggrin.gif

Edited by lilraindrop

So what are you waiting for, TJ? For us to all explode with anticipation?

EDIT: ninja'd

He said that he needed to debug them before he puts them out on the site.

I hope it won't take long to take the bugs out... Until thennn... I will start collecting Magi Dragons.

/Releases all my eggs exept the Canopy egg and Sunrise/Sunset egg

*watches the craziness with amusement*

I'm just curious (and nosy, of course), will there be a new News thread put up when the features are actually added? Maybe with a tutorial (yes, I'm a dummy who needs a tutorial for almost anything computer related)? Or will the Cave just explode with newness all of a sudden one day? happy.gif

12 egg slots seems like a hell of a lot. Think of when new eggs are released. Slower connections only get a chance once faster connections become scroll-locked with 4 eggs. If everyone is able to grab eggs from anywhere between 12 to 21, people will have even more space to horde eggs.

and i guess that was kinda of the challenge with only 4 slots if Tj released 4 different eggs at once. You would always try to get the 4 different kinds the first time around. With that many slots it seems almost too easy.

and scrolls will grow massive very quickly with that many slots. I know there are a lot of different kinds of dragons now, but true collecting should take time. If you can collect everything very quickly and easily, you'll lose interest.

i don't like ending up with an army of a specific dragon just because I'm able to collect 21 at once. It's like mass production, quantity instead of quality.

But that would have been AWESOME...

...just kidding. smile.gif Anything we can do to help with the testing?

12 egg slots seems like a hell of a lot. Think of when new eggs are released. Slower connections only get a chance once faster connections become scroll-locked with 4 eggs. If everyone is able to grab eggs from anywhere between 12 to 21, people will have even more space to horde eggs.

and i guess that was kinda of the challenge with only 4 slots if Tj released 4 different eggs at once. You would always try to get the 4 different kinds the first time around. With that many slots it seems almost too easy.

and scrolls will grow massive very quickly with that many slots. I know there are a lot of different kinds of dragons now, but true collecting should take time. If you can collect everything very quickly and easily, you'll lose interest.

i don't like ending up with an army of a specific dragon just because I'm able to collect 21 at once. It's like mass production, quantity instead of quality.

It's 4, 5, 6 or 7 eggs MAX, depending on your trophy level and double the space for hatchies up to the 12/15/18/21 slot totals. smile.gif

No one gets 12 egg slots: the max eggs anyone can have is 7. As your eggs hatch you can keep getting more, up until you reach your total number of slots. Even if someone got 7 eggs of a new release they would not be able to get any more for at least 2 days.

Anything we can do to help with the testing?

Yeah, anything we can do to help with the testing and make it faster? All of us are ready to explode with anticipation. Probably spelled that wrong.

Edited by Soruc The Dragon

Obviously we'll have to see things in action first, but I'm guessing it won't be too much different than they are now. For one thing, we've had Egg Floods in the past. With the new limits, and with how many dragons are ready to be released, I wouldn't put it past TJ to start releasing 4 and 5 breeds at a time now, or even more. Which means we'll still have to either decide which eggs we want, or settle for 1 or 2 of each at a time, which is what we do now anyway. The Biomes should make it easy enough to cut the normal "realease-related" lag down, or at least keep it to the levels we're used to by now. On top of that, Teleport will make it easier for Gifters to catch new eggs and gift them to people having issues with catching.

Speaking purely from a Lineage Breeder's stand point, I already know that CB eggs are only going to be part of my lock. Sure, my collection may grow more quickly, but all that will mean for me (and I'm sure a lot of others) will be that I'll be joining more lineages, and getting locked that much faster. Especially with Fertility available. tongue.gif

I'm already forseeing a state of PermaLock from now until next Christmas..... xd.png

Anyway, all that to say, I don't really think it will be that much different than it is now, at least not when it comes to collecting, breeding and locking. smile.gif

Edited by Gyps13

*gets out the bug spray and fly swatter*

Of course we want it to all work smoothly. *twitch* We are all just excited by all the awesomeness that is in store. (wantz nao, wif or wifout bugs)

How about implement the stuffs without the bugs nao? o wo

Oh, and what about dragons that don't have specific locations? Like, where would I find a Magi, or a horse, or a Spitfire? . _. how many locations are there going to be?