TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

That is not a glitch at all. It says in the FAQ that you can breed a 5th egg (as long as you don't have 5 hatchies.)

really!? i thought that was a glitch the entire time

First off, HECK YEAH, TELEPORT.

Secondly, I would seriously like to rename one of my dragons.

Thirdly, I would like to see biomes.

Normally I just lurk and see what is going on, but I wanted to pipe in and state that I really like these changes and look forward to when they are implement. I was just thinking last week how neat it would be to see my vampire info too, so I was excited to see that. biggrin.gif The only new feature I don't know if I will like a lot or not is the biome one. Will look forward to see how it works out.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the biome thing AT ALL. haha. What does it mean? Will the site have different cave areas? Or a map?

Other than that, I'm soooooooo exited for these!

I love all of them except Renaming and Teleporting.

Ruins my chances of stealing myself a rare. Sighhh.

Thanks for the update though, the rest look awesome. laugh.gif

Edited by Earth Gurl

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the biome thing AT ALL. haha. What does it mean? Will the site have different cave areas? Or a map?

Other than that, I'm soooooooo exited for these!

We will have different areas of the cave, which means an increased chance of catching an egg you want. Especially with the same names- Flamingos and Spitfires will certainly be split from Stripes and Pinks, and it's likely the same will happen with the Strange eggs.

And there will be a reduced number of users on each page, not only causing your chances to grab an egg to go up, but also reducing lag.

When the change-over happens, will people with 50 or fewer adults, who happen to have that 5th bred egg on their scroll, find that one of their eggs are dropped into the AP, or will those eggs be grandfathered in somehow? I've often been scroll-locked with 5 eggs, and while I hit 51 adults early tomorrow morning, and won't be at risk, what will happen to others in this gray area?

BTW, I am soooo ready for more hatchling slots and teleport! biggrin.gif

When the change-over happens, will people with 50 or fewer adults, who happen to have that 5th bred egg on their scroll, find that one of their eggs are dropped into the AP, or will those eggs be grandfathered in somehow? I've often been scroll-locked with 5 eggs, and while I hit 51 adults early tomorrow morning, and won't be at risk, what will happen to others in this gray area?

BTW, I am soooo ready for more hatchling slots and teleport! biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure they can be accommodated by the coding.

Currently limits are only checked when you try to take a new egg or hatchling. If your eggs all hatch and you wind up with 9 hatchies, still nothing gets abandoned. So I don't think people with no trophies have to worry about a 5th egg being abandoned during the transition.

I really can't wait for rare x rare breeding x3 i think a PB silver lineage would be the coolest thing ever.

*rubs eyes in disbelief*

Teleport, fertility, more egg/hatchling slots... WHOA. This is so awesome! And the biome thing sounds really neat too. smile.gif

there's lots of good updating, and Thanks for the updating!

I'm glad to the BSA that we can trade with not missing of the dragons

but we(sister, friends) frequently gave several gifting,

but don't want to use the Magi BSA with two days cool time.

maybe we won't gift anymore because we don't have that much of magi dragons

and also we got promise of twins of 07 Hollys from halloween trading

(we know that we must not trade with promise, but it's hard to get 07Holly dragons without promising wink.gif )

but if the abandon/code will be banned, can't get the promise of twins...

Was waiting the christmas, but now afraid christmas comes

I guess lots of people already promised for christmas(I know several promises not only about me), when the halloween's new dragon trading

Hope to be banning the abandoned/code after the Christmas

Edited by Plian915

Whoa, where have I been??? These look to be some really nice additions! For once, some change I can deal with! laugh.gif

Egg/Hatchling Limits

* Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

* With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

* Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

* Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

I don't understand this... I have a bronze badge, so in the future, my limit will be 15 eggs or hatchlings? I don't understand ... O.o

I only wish that I had been more patient and held onto three or four mistakenly named dragons rather than releasing them. Oh well, I am still glad to see the feature just in case I give a name to the wrong dragon by accident sometime in the future again. :-)

I'm most excited about Fertility. I have a few common pairs that I've been trying unsuccessfully to get the right color egg from for almost a year. They don't refuse each other, they're just rarely in the mood and when they are the color is wrong. (Just bad luck, I imagine-- I'm trying to get a green out of one of them, and it just hasn't happened yet.) I'm really looking forward to being able to help them along and finish their lineage. :-)

Teleport will make me start trading and gifting more. It's not that I'm afraid of losing an egg, but it's just too much hassle to coordinate trades or giftings with another person the way things are right now-- it would take up so much time and effort setting it up that it just wasn't worth it. I'll do it again if Teleport makes it more convenient.

The other stuff all sounds interesting and potentially fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how the biome thing shakes out. I didn't really need more egg slots, but I like the idea that we won't be hatchie-locked just because we're egg-locked. Combined with teleport, it means we can trade hatchlings at the same time as raising more eggs. That sounds good to me. Maybe I'll use the extra egg slots to start playing the alt lottery again. Vampire lineages sound kind of cool too-- I'll be curious to see who bit mine, though with my luck they're probably all named things like ILUVEDWARDCULLEN or something like that! And as for rare x rare breeding, not sure how that will affect the game, but I approve of it from a thematic perspective. There is no logical reason why two dragons of the same breed would not mate with each other, and it's just weird.

I'll be happy to see any of these come out, basically. It's all good.

Edited by tjekan

Egg/Hatchling Limits

* Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

* With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

* Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

* Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

I don't understand this... I have a bronze badge, so in the future, my limit will be 15 eggs or hatchlings? I don't understand ... O.o

because you have bronze badge I will tell you about that

5 eggs/15 total it means,

you can have up to 5eggs and 10 hatchies ( the best you can have)

but you can also have no eggs and 15 hatchies (because it is TOTAL)

I think it means like this

only the eggs are 0~5( as best you can have), and the hatchie can be 0~15(when you have no eggs)

Edited by Plian915

there's lots of good updating, and Thanks for the updating!

but I'm not feel good at ONLY Magi BSA

I got promise of twins of 07 Hollys from halloween trading

but if the abandon/code will be banned,

can't get the promise of twins...

Was waiting the christmas, but now afraid christmas comes

I guess lots of people already promised for christmas, when the halloween's new dragon trading

Hope to be updated after the Christmas sad.gif

or not banning the abandoned/code

so both Magi's BSA and the abandoned/code can be used

The abandon/CODE thing is a glitch that will be removed from the site, Teleport or no Teleport.

This is why people should NEVER promise anything until they actually have it dry.gif

Grrr that teleport is going to make finding what i need a lot harder ._., no more fail trade drops. I'm not too sure about the whole region thing and i dont think i fully grasped the whole idea.

Other than that all the new updates look pretty sweet. Thanks TJ!

This is awesome... I can't wait for this stuff to be implemented, especially renaming, locations, Rare X rare, refusals being taken off the breeding list (I always forget that my embers refused heheh), and getting more egg slots if you have, say, a silver trophy... Im happy about all of these updates! Whee!

The abandon/CODE thing is a glitch that will be removed from the site, Teleport or no Teleport.

Last I heard, it was "one or the other", not "Teleport or nothing".

Though since Teleport is obviously coming, it's a moot point anyway.