TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I have a question about Teleport as it pertains to the Holiday dragons.

Most of the Holidays (Halloween being the exception, apparently) have a limit of two dragons per scroll. If I remember correctly, if you have your limit, any eggs bred are auto-abandoned. Does this mean we won't be able to choose to keep one egg to teleport to someone? Sorry, I can't remember what happened last time I bred a Holiday (other than my Pumpkins this year).

I think there is a waiting period - up until the next hour/ maybe half hour, I can't remember. After that the system will auto abandon anything over the allotted two,If I recall correctly this could be your adults from the last season. So it was in your best interest to transfer/abandon asap. Once you have two you cannot catch anymore from the Main cave or the AP

After finding out the changes (belatedly as usual since I was on vacation) I ran though the house screeching trying to reach my sister-in-law and brother (as they both play the game now) in Maryland to fill them in the exciting changes in the Cave but darn it all they had the nerve to be FOOD SHOPPING at a time of major much anticipated change in the cave. I continued to tap dance excitedly around my house until I finally reached them. I think I blew out my sister-in-law, Jeannie's, eardrums but she was as excited as me. Especially about teleport as she'd lost some eggs/hatchies I'd tried to gift her. Both of us are mega relieved that there will be safe trading/gifting when it goes into effect. I think she blew out MY eardrums when she found out about being able to breed rares to each other. *g*

Edited by Misha

After finding out the changes (belatedly as usual since I was on vacation) I ran though the house screeching trying to reach my sister-in-law and brother (as they both play the game now) in Maryland to fill them in the exciting changes in the Cave but darn it all they had the nerve to be FOOD SHOPPING at a time of major much anticipated change in the cave. I continued to tap dance excitedly around my hour until I finally reached them. I think I blew out my sister-in-law, Jeannie's, eardrums but she was as excited as me. Especially about teleport as she'd lost some eggs/hatchies I'd tried to gift her. Both of us are mega relieved that there will be safe trading/gifting when it goes into effect. I think she blew out MY eardrums when she found out about being able to breed rares to each other. *g*

lol That had me laughing. I can just imagine. lol

I think there is a waiting period - up until the next hour/ maybe half hour, I can't remember. After that the system will auto abandon anything over the allotted two,If I recall correctly this could be your adults from the last season. So it was in your best interest to transfer/abandon asap. Once you have two you cannot catch anymore from the Main cave or the AP

yeah, it's an hour before auto abandon.

Right, I know there's a window before they auto-abandon, but will I still be able to choose one to Teleport, or not? Either way, I'm fine--I have no problem with eggs going to the AP. I'm just curious how it will work. (I know, join the club... laugh.gif )

Edited by Thecraftydragon

That is only with normal clutches. The Christmas clutches from last year were around 15 minutes before they left the scroll. At least that was the times I remember hearing. I didn't have to worry about it as I left all of my yules go straight to the AP.

I am really excited about these changes. The drama is just sad that I have seen here. I can say that it is not all skill on snatching the eggs as I have a very slow connection at home (.75 Mbps download, .1 Mbps upload) and used to have access to a very quick connection at work and there is a decimate benefit with quicker connections. I will be glad to do away with the glitch and use a more secure way of transferring from one player to another.

Anyway, I am most excited for these changes. I also think that once people get to use the new system and adjust to it that we will look back and think that we were being ridiculous about our resistance to change.

Edited by SunQuest

That is only with normal clutches. The Christmas clutches from last year were around 15 minutes before they left the scroll. At least that was the times I remember hearing. I didn't have to worry about it as I left all of my yules go straight to the AP.

I am really excited about these changes. The drama is just sad that I have seen here. I can say that it is not all skill on snatching the eggs as I have a very slow connection at home (.75 Mbps download, .1 Mbps upload) and used to have access to a very quick connection at work and there is a decimate benefit with quicker connections. I will be glad to do away with the glitch and use a more secure way of transferring from one player to another.

Anyway, I am most excited for these changes. I also think that once people get to use the new system and adjust to it that we will look back and think that we were being ridiculous about our resistance to change.

I can see it now... behold, the FUTURE:

"Remember back before 2010, when we had to refresh like mad to trade, and still lost the trades? You know, back when there was a Lost in Trade thread! Man, that sucked!"

Ironically, I'm attempting a trade right now! xd.png

I'm still not understanding the new egg numbers and totals %100, but I think I understand enough to bumble around until I get it from personal experience. xd.png

TELEPORT! TELEPORT! TELEPORT!

I'm just so excited!

I can say that it is not all skill on snatching the eggs as I have a very slow connection at home (.75 Mbps download, .1 Mbps upload) and used to have access to a very quick connection at work and there is a decimate benefit with quicker connections.

ohmy.gifohmy.gif And you call this a slow connection?? I have a 1 Mbps download! This is why in the thread about Teleport I supported this BSA together to other users that have the same problem and it's why I'm so happy for its coming. I like the other new features as well but... Teleport is the best for my situation.

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif And you call this a slow connection?? I have a 1 Mbps download! This is why in the thread about Teleport I supported this BSA together to other users that have the same problem and it's why I'm so happy for its coming. I like the other new features as well but... Teleport is the best for my situation.

I am slower that you. I do not have a full 1. Mine has a decimal point in it and that is with firefox with images disabled and flash blocked. Further, when it comes to clicking, the upload seed that registers the click is important as well.

Anyway, these changes should help some in trading and then allow others a chance to get some rates.

Edited to correct my ipod's auto-guessing as to what I am typing.

Edited by SunQuest

no it is not an hour before auto abandon.. it's "up to 1 hour".. there is a big difference. The auto-abandon could happen at any time within an hour of the egg being produced. Depending on when the magical auto-abandon time occurred and the time of when the person bred their dragons - some people were seeing their held eggs go bye-bye in as little as 10 minutes but the overall average time was generally between 30-60 minutes.

I'm still not understanding the new egg numbers and totals %100, but I think I understand enough to bumble around until I get it from personal experience. xd.png

TELEPORT! TELEPORT! TELEPORT!

I'm just so excited!

The first number is the total number of eggs you can have at any one time. The second number is the total amount of hatchlings and eggs you may have at any one time. Example: 4/12 means maximum of 4 eggs and 8 hatchlings which equals the number 12, or 3 eggs and 9 hatchlings which equals the number 12, ect. That is if I am understanding TJ's post correctly.

Woot! Biomes! What a great idea!

And, of course, many of us with slower connections have been waiting for teleport - wheee! - now I can participate in group lineages!

Love the upgrades, TJ! Thank you!

so the 5th egg bred glitch will be gone correct

Glitch? I'm not sure what you mean there...but now the egg limit will be 4, 5, 6 or 7 (depending on your number of dragons badge) regardless of wether those are gotten from the cave, AP or breeding.

At least that's how I understand the first post. ^^;

so the 5th egg bred glitch will be gone correct

Correct. But *looks at your scroll* you have a bronze trophy, so you'll be able to catch or breed a 5th egg. So the "glitch" would still "work", it just wont be a glitch in any way, shape, or form. tongue.gif (Quotes used because I believe the 5th egg thing now isn't a glitch, but completely on purpose)

Now watch as I was ninja.gif'd, lol

Glitch? I'm not sure what you mean there...but now the egg limit will be 4, 5, 6 or 7 (depending on your number of dragons badge) regardless of wether those are gotten from the cave, AP or breeding.

At least that's how I understand the first post. ^^;

theyre is a glitch were you can keep a fifth egg but it is bred

As AlternateMew mentioned, I'm pretty sure that's intentional. :3 But yeah, now we'll still be able to keep a fifth egg (or more, depending on your badge as I said) only it can be bred or caught from the cave/AP. Great, huh? 8D

Correct. But *looks at your scroll* you have a bronze trophy, so you'll be able to catch or breed a 5th egg. So the "glitch" would still "work", it just wont be a glitch in any way, shape, or form. tongue.gif (Quotes used because I believe the 5th egg thing now isn't a glitch, but completely on purpose)

Now watch as I was ninja.gif'd, lol

ah thx . makes perfect sense

That is not a glitch at all. It says in the FAQ that you can breed a 5th egg (as long as you don't have 5 hatchies.)