TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Or . . . . it may just go back to the way it was when I first joined, when there were frequent times that there were no eggs at all in either the cave or the AP. Egg drops were anticipated, much as they are now during new releases, and snatched up just about that quickly. There was not the constant supply of eggs that we have come to expect.

I can see how this would be a theory, but I don't think it's as likely to happen. I was here during that time so I understand what your saying, but I know there are a LOT more breeds of dragons now, thus a lot more eggs to be dropped. I also think TJ would balance it out to make the game stay fun, as in he would up the amount of eggs dropped at the hour if they were disappearing so quickly. Or maybe making the drops every half hour instead of every hour. Really there is no way to tell until the biomes and new limits are set, then a few weeks to make sure the frenzy has died and it's "back to normal". I'm sure things will be a bit bumpy along the road to normalacy, and issues will be brought up, I think as long as we all make our opinions and requests known and clear (and calm hehe) then things will be tweaked and made to make most players happy. I used to not think this was so, but seeing him implement all these changes that so many have requested before gives me new hope that he listens and cares about his players. biggrin.gif

Based on this thread, I'm predicting tons and tons of posts along the lines of "omg this is too confusing!" "omg wth biomes!" "omg noooo!" etc etc when this first comes out. People will be confused and think that what they see right then is how it will always be (I predict few eggs in the biomes due to floods of people grabbing)...

Just like when holidays come out and everyone is all "i'll never catch one with all those people in the cave!" and then two days later so many people already have theirs and it's easier to catch.

Just... my opinion.

Based on this thread, I'm predicting tons and tons of posts along the lines of "omg this is too confusing!" "omg wth biomes!" "omg noooo!" etc etc when this first comes out. People will be confused and think that what they see right then is how it will always be (I predict few eggs in the biomes due to floods of people grabbing)...

Just like when holidays come out and everyone is all "i'll never catch one with all those people in the cave!" and then two days later so many people already have theirs and it's easier to catch.

Just... my opinion.

I totally agree, sometimes people freak out and forget that it takes time for new things to work out. I can't decide if it would be easier if they all got implemented at once or if it was just 1 thing at a time. On 1 hand everything would be confusing and such all at once but it would be back to normal quicker, on the other hand it would drag out for possibly months until things went back to normal but it would be less confusing. Thankfully, I don't have to make that choose, but I do feel sorry for TJ having to laugh.gif

Just... my opinion.

And no matter what happens or how, there will always be that group that says, "I hate this! This sucks! Why did it have to change? TJ change it back or I'm not playing anymore!!!"

And the rest of us going, "Quit threatening and just get lost so the rest of us can enjoy our game." rolleyes.gif

And no matter what happens or how, there will always be that group that says, "I hate this! This sucks! Why did it have to change? TJ change it back or I'm not playing anymore!!!"

And the rest of us going, "Quit threatening and just get lost so the rest of us can enjoy our game." rolleyes.gif

It's a given that there will drama. There will be some confusion, leading to panic attacks for some people. There will be a small but very vocal minority complaining for all they are worth. And the rest of us will quietly figure it all out and adjust, and enjoy.

It's a given that there will drama. There will be some confusion, leading to panic attacks for some people. There will be a small but very vocal minority complaining for all they are worth. And the rest of us will quietly figure it all out and adjust, and enjoy.

QFT! And so it will always be. tongue.gif

Drama to some extent is unavoidable. In all the boards I've moderated, been Admin for, and posted on, every change brings a certain amount.

You can't please everyone, and they will either adjust or leave...Fortunately its usually a small percentage that get upset.

And as Gyps13 said, the rest of us will adapt, and enjoy!

*stalks thread and waits for forum explosion when it happens, then will go rushing off to cave to check it out*

omg, it's great!!!

the best thing of all is the opportunity to have more eggs and hatches on a scroll wub.gif

Drama to some extent is unavoidable. In all the boards I've moderated, been Admin for, and posted on, every change brings a certain amount.

You can't please everyone, and they will either adjust or leave...Fortunately its usually a small percentage that get upset.

And as Gyps13 said, the rest of us will adapt, and enjoy!

Yes indeed, very true.

I think the difficulty comes in because those who are unhappy are the ones most likely to be very vocal - while the majority of happy/contented ones are more likely to simply enjoy and go on about their business. Which, sadly, tends to skew some perception of the general reaction to things. :P

QFT! And so it will always be. tongue.gif

I agree with you completely Purplehaze. It's always that way. Some people will always be freaked out by change. Especially if they've left the Cave for a while, came back after the changes are implemented, and then try to catch up with the new set-up. Oh, I can see the panic attacks coming on from miles away. laugh.gif

I agree with you completely Purplehaze. It's always that way. Some people will always be freaked out by change. Especially if they've left the Cave for a while, came back after the changes are implemented, and then try to catch up with the new set-up. Oh, I can see the panic attacks coming on from miles away. laugh.gif

I guess for those who left and came back after the change, they would be very surprised by the changes. All those upcoming changes are really huge and will change the way we all play DC from then on. I'm certainly embracing change and this is indeed a very exciting new era.

I just came back on after like, four months of not being on, and now i see this! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

All those upcoming changes are really huge and will change the way we all play DC from then on. I'm certainly embracing change and this is indeed a very exciting new era.

Hear hear! Exciting new era indeed biggrin.gif

Edited by Kaini

I won't mind so much if the updates don't come immediately on Dec 1st, but if they don't, I would appreciate a more specific time line. Doesn't have to be perfect, just better than we have now.

This reminds me, I asked about it early in the thread, but I don't think anybody answered (or if they did, I missed it.) Has anything been said about whether or not we'll be able to teleport one holiday egg from a clutch if we already have two of that breed of dragon? I know last year we were able to hold on to bred Yulebuck eggs for an hour even if we had two Yulebucks already, but I don't know if that would count as a "held egg" and therefore be unteleportable or not. I'd really like to know this ahead of time, since there are people I'd like to give Yulebucks and Snow Angels to but I don't want to make promises I can't keep.

I hope that breeders will still be able to teleport one of their bred eggs to a person of their choosing. I don't care much about it myself, and I'm not very concerned about the whole "promise" issue (everybody knows that a dragon may not cooperate with a breeding request anyway, so no promise can be a binding one.) However, I think that allowing holiday breeders to direct one egg to where they want it to go would make some people feel less unhappy about the teleport change taking place. Since there's no downside to it, I'd rather see the implementation that will cause less unhappiness. :-)

* Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

* With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

* Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

* Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

Okay, this confuses me... and I didn't feel like reading through 100+ pages to find an answer.

Why does it say 12 total? Or 15, 18, 21?

Does it mean you can have four eggs form each biome? Or from each BSA? So confused xd.png

* Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

Okay, this confuses me... and I didn't feel like reading through 100+ pages to find an answer.

Does it mean you can have four eggs form each biome? Or from each BSA? So confused xd.png

4 eggs max and up to 12 eggs and hatchlings combined. 5 eggs max and up to 15 eggs and hatchlings combined, etc.

The totals/limits depend on the number of dragons that you currently have.

The number of eggs on your scroll is a total from anywhere, cave/Ap/bred

Once you have max eggs you can still get hatchlings until the total growing dragons (eggs and hatchlings) equals the second number

Ohhhh, makes more sense now. Like, we can still have 3 hatchlings and 4 eggs, or vice versa. But now we get even a higher limit biggrin.gif Yayay!

I have never wanted 501 dragons on my scroll than I have now. Completely cursing myself for not breeding more >.<

Why it should block only one biome? If the AP will stay the same (only one, not one for every biome) it will block everything.
Don't take me wrong, I have no problem with it. I don't think only one should be blocked, since that could destroy the point of blocking in the first place. I'm just curious how it would be handled, is all. I mean, with all the "omg that makes no sense and it's not realistic at all!" that goes on when discussing new BSA ideas... dry.gif

Unless there is one cave leading to the rest, like someone mentioned earlier in the thread. And the AP is "blocking" that area. I thin k I just answered my own question. xd.png

I won't mind so much if the updates don't come immediately on Dec 1st, but if they don't, I would appreciate a more specific time line.  Doesn't have to be perfect, just better than we have now.
I think there's no real time frame since the bugs need to be worked out, so not even TJ knows exactly how long that will take, save for a rough estimate..

Yes indeed, very true.

I think the difficulty comes in because those who are unhappy are the ones most likely to be very vocal - while the majority of happy/contented ones are more likely to simply enjoy and go on about their business. Which, sadly, tends to skew some perception of the general reaction to things. tongue.gif

So, erm.. maybe we who like the new things should make a hail the change thread? *Looks around* Oh, wait.

Lol, HAIL THE CHANGE!

Edited by AlternateMew

Ohhhh, makes more sense now. Like, we can still have 3 hatchlings and 4 eggs, or vice versa. But now we get even a higher limit biggrin.gif Yayay!

Yup! And if at least ONE of these features comes out on the first day of December, I will be extremely happy! biggrin.gif But in the back of my mind I can't help but think that it won't come out on Dec. 1. sad.gif It's just highly unlikely. dry.gif

Fertility

• Purple BSA increases the chance of whatever dragon you choose breeding successfully.
  • Does not alter the chance of getting a specific breed of egg.
  • Two week cooldown
Rare x Rare breeding

so if rares are now going to be able to breed and at the same time we can increase their fertility.... that would be awesome! I would be really happy with that if you catch were I'm going with it Xp