TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

No, the only reason people are trying to get them is because they'll probably be harder to get after the BSAs actually come out, since then everybody will know about them and be after them, instead of just the people on the forum here.  There won't be any new restrictions on them.

That, and to have enough BSA dragons adult and ready for when we have all those lovely extra hatchie spaces to move our Influenced, Incubated eggs into, and are able to Teleport gifts to people with problems catching...

Edit: I must say that I don't understand why some people like very short Drops - so many people then have no chance to hunt and personally I think it's marvellous when one can get into the Cave to hunt eggs at virtually any time.

Although the slow movement of eggs in multiple Caves was an issue that had occurred to me, in that either the ratios will have to be adapted more closely to actual user demand or have things chronically stalled, as simply making unwanted eggs move back in line after a certain period clearly won't work any better than cutting a length of string and tying the pieces together to make it longer...

Unless perhaps some solution has already been arrived at?

Edited by Syphoneira

This is awesome in every way, shape, and form.

Since I hoarded Magis the last time Teleport was seriously discussed, I've got plenty. Plenty of pinks and reds, as well. Time to start hoarding Purples!

The only thing that disturbs me is the Rare x Rare breeding. I'll have to redouble my hunt for CB Golds and Silvers because all the metallics on my scroll with decent lineages are related. >__<

Can't wait to see all these in effect! Wewt!

No, the only reason people are trying to get them is because they'll probably be harder to get after the BSAs actually come out, since then everybody will know about them and be after them, instead of just the people on the forum here. There won't be any new restrictions on them.

ah, thank you so much for answering that, i was really confused, because i DID read the first post (OP= original post), and thought i was just missing something xd.png

anyways, now that i'm chilled out about it:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! for these new features, man, i'm stoked about it!! can't wait till they slowing start to take effect!!! i'm personally in favor of the teleport BSA, because my friends and i always talk about sending each other dragons, but many have been lost in the AP and we don't do it so much anymore. especially if you want to trade a gold, silver, or ANY uncommon or rare! i realize it makes it easier for people to do some things which are not-so-honest, but i feel like the good kinda out-weighs the bad here. but that's only MY opinion, and i understand why others don't agree.

I keep wondering, how rare hunting will be if those interested in eggs have to split up into the different areas (water and others). Even with 160 people in ONE cave it takes a while for the egss to move.

AH, those good old days when an hourly drop lastet 7 Minutes at the most.

I am curious how it will develop.

Bear in mind that many people are looking for something specific. When nobody is looking for what's there, it sits there. Dividing this into multiple caves could move things along faster because people are more likely to find what they want.

Anyone else been trying to rack up their total dragons to get the Gold badge ever since this was announced? I know I have laugh.gif Usually I just work towards getting more Reds, Pinks, or stripes I need to complete my scroll...but ever since this was announced I've kept a steady 5 eggs every time one hatches. I'm up to 421! When this was posted I think I only had 403 xd.png

Definitely! I'm at 467 atm and about to unlock, raising a lot of mints and greens cause I figure I might as well help ratios while I'm throwing dragons around.

I hit the gold trophy a little bit before this was announced. I'm all set. :3

I just need more purples. D: I've got a bunch of frozen hatchies from when there were a lot of purple floods. I wish they were adults. ;-;

I changed my mind... I think I'm more excited about the pages feature smile.gif I recently started catching all CB and Thuwed/Dusk/Dorkfaces and those are the only ones that I'm going to breed for personal or requests. And the rest I would like to either not be shown or on a different page... however it's going to work xd.png

i think the pages are going to be set by how many you want displayed per page. be cool if we could set what dragons we want on each page.

well then you should still be able to... using legacy sort right?

You could with any sort. Just know how many dragons per page you have, then order them in that number.

/explaining fail

You could with any sort. Just know how many dragons per page you have, then order them in that number.

/explaining fail

I hope there will still be the option to show all dragons of a scroll.

Quick question - Has there been more info given about the scroll pages than is on the first page? Because I thought the option on the first page was about how people look at our scrolls as opposed to how we set them. So a user could set the option to 20 and then every scroll that they looked at would be broken up into 20 dragons per page (or 30, 40, etc.). More of a viewers function than the scroll owner's.

I remember in the most recent suggestion thread about it, there was a lot of leaning toward easing the burden on people's computers being the most important thing, which meant an option that other users set to look at our scrolls rather than a way that we can set up our scrolls. However, this thread is reeeeeeeeeeeally long and I don't know if I've completely missed lots of important stuff. laugh.gif

Quick question - Has there been more info given about the scroll pages than is on the first page? Because I thought the option on the first page was about how people look at our scrolls as opposed to how we set them. So a user could set the option to 20 and then every scroll that they looked at would be broken up into 20 dragons per page (or 30, 40, etc.). More of a viewers function than the scroll owner's.

I remember in the most recent suggestion thread about it, there was a lot of leaning toward easing the burden on people's computers being the most important thing, which meant an option that other users set to look at our scrolls rather than a way that we can set up our scrolls. However, this thread is reeeeeeeeeeeally long and I don't know if I've completely missed lots of important stuff. laugh.gif

I think there was that but we would also be able to sort what showed on each page...

I hope there will still be the option to show all dragons of a scroll.

Me too. I love long scrolls... well, not very long, they are difficult to load with a slow internet. If you must choose a number of dragons showed for page I hope the max is around 100/150, it's good for me.

The multiple Scroll Pages is the only thing I don't really like.

For me, its not necessary to sort the dragons with multiple pages. So I hope as well that the option to let the scroll sort stay what it is, is possible.

For my own scoll I would find a "page break" option more useful. That way I could have a different project on a separate page. But as that does not seem to be an option, I hope I can keep the long scroll too.

I'm in love with the scroll page thing, my computer takes forever to load my scroll, I'd like to make it so it doesn't take five minutes to load xd.png

Edited by lindsy95