TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Let's say you don't have anything on your scroll.

You catch four eggs (4 eggs/4 total).

They hatch and you catch 4 new eggs (4 eggs/8 total).

Those eggs hatch and you can still catch 4 new eggs (4 eggs/12 total).

And TJ stated somewhere in this thread that you can still catch hatchies even when you have four eggs, as long as you don't cross the limit of 12 total. So the link between egg-lock and hatchies will be gone.

The fifth bred egg wasn't a glitch, TJ made it like that so people breed more.

With the new limits it won't matter if you catch or breed 4 eggs (or 5/6/7 depending on your badge), there won't be an extra egg slot for breeding.

edit: Too slow xd.png

Yay! Thanks for even more explanations. So you can catch hatchies up to 12 if you don't have eggs? biggrin.gif

Yes. You can have any combination between 4 eggs + 8 hatchies or 0 eggs + 12 hatchies.

Okay, thanks. Now I really get it. biggrin.gif So having 4/5/6/7 eggs isn't a problem of being locked anymore, because you can still catch hatchies even if you have eggs at the limit. biggrin.gif

Right now, when you "trade" an egg, it adds up to a day's time (depending on whether or not time was added previously) and removes any incubation - once it hits the AP.

With magi trading, will this still happen, or will the egg/hatchling keep the time it has?

This just occurred to me, and some people may find it important.

Right now, when you "trade" an egg, it adds up to a day's time (depending on whether or not time was added previously) and removes any incubation - once it hits the AP.

With magi trading, will this still happen, or will the egg/hatchling keep the time it has?

This just occurred to me, and some people may find it important.

tj didnt mention any change regarding this issue, so probably it will stay like this.

As I understood, the egg/hatchie you send stays on your scroll until it is claimed, so it can still gain views and the timer moves on. If the intended receiver never claims it, it will eventually grow up on your scroll.

I don't know about BSAs, though.

But regarding this, a question just came to my mind. Can the sender abandon an egg/hatchie if he already sent out the claim-link? If yes, that would be unfair to the one who caught it when it just disappears from their scroll. If not, what if the intended receiver never clicks the claim-link? It would be just as bad if you had to keep it until it grows up and had to release it if you didn't want it on your scroll. That would be a waste of dragons, because someone else could be happy with it, but you had no chance of giving it away or abandoning it...

I had a question about the bioms. Right now if you go to the rare trading thread you will see certain dragons on the rares list that, according to the ratios, should be common, but becouse everyone gets them from the cave the CB versions of those supposed to be common dragons are now considered rare (Pinks, blacks, march maddness eggs, reds etc).

The bioms are said to work by having certain eggs in certain locations, all water eggs one place, all jungle in another and then rares are supposed to show up in all the bioms randomly. My question is this, when the bioms go into effect will those "rares" mentioned in the description be only the indended rares like golds, slivers and the trio. or will the other non intended rares like CB pinks, CB reds etc, be included also. If they aren't it will certainly make CB blacks easier to hunt for I think, as well as CB pinks.

I guess the reason for the biomes IS that CB Pinks and CB Blacks will appear more often again.

Nothing wrong with this =)

THey are common. And the Eggs which share the same descriptions will probably also be in different biomes, so you can snatch CB Stripes instead of CB Spitfires, for example.

Edited by Aurora-Silver

As I understood, the egg/hatchie you send stays on your scroll until it is claimed, so it can still gain views and the timer moves on. If the intended receiver never claims it, it will eventually grow up on your scroll.

I don't know about BSAs, though.

But regarding this, a question just came to my mind. Can the sender abandon an egg/hatchie if he already sent out the claim-link? If yes, that would be unfair to the one who caught it when it just disappears from their scroll. If not, what if the intended receiver never clicks the claim-link? It would be just as bad if you had to keep it until it grows up and had to release it if you didn't want it on your scroll. That would be a waste of dragons, because someone else could be happy with it, but you had no chance of giving it away or abandoning it...

I seem to remember from an earlier discussion of teleport that the sender of the egg can cancel the teleport at any time before the link is accepted. So if the receiver has not claimed the egg/hatchy in a reasonable amount of time, you can cancel the link and do as you wish with the dragon. I am not 100% sure of that, but I will try to find where I read it. It seems to make sense, anyway.

The Geodes are Uncommons as well.

That's why the Trio doesn't breed with them, for example. They refuse as well.

Both Geodes and Trios are officially uncommon. But both of them Breed like Rares (with the exception that Geodes can breed with Geodes). Basically the new change is making it where all dragons can breed with all dragons, with the exceptions of the Splits, Pygmies, and Draks. And the Holidays during most of the year. I think we'll have to see if TJ allows Holiday x Holiday on their holidays, like he did with the Pumpkins.

And am I be pessimistic or realistic in not expecting anything to happen on the 1st? I mean TJ said maybe early December. Early December can be anywhere from the 1st to the 14th, and "maybe" does not equal "definitely", lol. wink.gif

Holiday x Holdiay is not possible.

Thats not entirely true.

Pumpkins can breed with pumpkins, and I would bet marrows are the same way. (Obviously only on the holidays)

Well, at least my Pumpkin x Pumpkin refused at Halloween.

Maybe it was bad luck, maybe not.

In case for the next year, I'm having a new Pygmy.

Well, at least my Pumpkin x Pumpkin refused at Halloween.

Maybe it was bad luck, maybe not.

In case for the next year, I'm having a new Pygmy.

Aw.

But yeah, it is possible. :3

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FLg4

Man, I hope new egg limits come out soon :3

Rare x Rare breeding

[*] Breed gold x gold, gold x silver, or gold x holiday (Or any other combination of rares except holiday x holiday)

^^^^

Lol, guyz, what are talking about? Pumpkins were an exception, and I'm pretty sure it happened just because, TJ's pygmies were already paired to each other.

Holidays x Holidays wouldn't breed together; I think that TJ stated it pretty clear.

Edited by Outer Space

^^^^

Lol, guyz, what are talking about? Pumpkins were an exception, and I'm pretty sure it happened just because, TJ's pygmies were already paired to each other.

Holidays x Holidays wouldn't breed together; I think that TJ stated it pretty clear.

Not necessarily. wink.gif

We won't know for sure really until the next Holiday rolls around after the Changes. Besides, why would TJ's pairings affect the rest of us? There were plenty of Pumpkin x Pumpkin eggs that weren't Thuweds.

Until the man himself specifically answers yay or nay, I think we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Sorry, just making it clear that we're talking about Holiday x Holiday on their holidays, not the rest of the year. There were many Pumpkin pairings that during the year refused each other, but on Halloween had fun. Sorry, just making that clear. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

And am I be pessimistic or realistic in not expecting anything to happen on the 1st? I mean TJ said maybe early December. Early December can be anywhere from the 1st to the 14th, and "maybe" does not equal "definitely", lol. wink.gif

Realistic. Definitely realistic. Especially since he said early December, not the first of December. rolleyes.gif

Lol, I just found another quirk of the forums when I misspelled definitely. Smart forum!

Not necessarily. wink.gif

We won't know for sure really until the next Holiday rolls around after the Changes. Besides, why would TJ's pairings affect the rest of us? There were plenty of Pumpkin x Pumpkin eggs that weren't Thuweds.

Until the man himself specifically answers yay or nay, I think we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: Sorry, just making it clear that we're talking about Holiday x Holiday on their holidays, not the rest of the year. There were many Pumpkin pairings that during the year refused each other, but on Halloween had fun. Sorry, just making that clear. happy.gif

I just want to elaborate on this. People (like me) are wondering if HolidayXHoliday will be possible on their holiday despite the fact that TJ makes it clear in the OP since that's the only time that they can produce their own species. For the rest of the year, it's only logical that they can't breed together since they can only produce the egg of their partner. So HolidayXHoliday then would either break that rule since their partner is a Holiday, or produce no egg from default and hence be pointless.

My guess is that the only holidays dragons that will be able to breed with each other on their holidays will be Halloween dragons, because of the same reason that there are no limits as to how many you can catch/breed.

My guess is that the only holidays dragons that will be able to breed with each other on their holidays will be Halloween dragons, because of the same reason that there are no limits as to how many you can catch/breed.

But the reason for that is that Christmas and Valentine's day are about sharing with others, while Halloween is about grabbing as much as you can for yourself. How does having holiday x holiday breeding go against sharing with others?

But the reason for that is that Christmas and Valentine's day are about sharing with others, while Halloween is about grabbing as much as you can for yourself. How does having holiday x holiday breeding go against sharing with others?

Perhaps because if two dragons both in their season, as with Yulebucks and Snow Angels or Valentines and Sweetlings were bred together, the potential for total Holiday egg production would be cut in half?

I'm guessing... wildly, lol.

Perhaps because if two dragons both in their season, as with Yulebucks and Snow Angels or Valentines and Sweetlings were bred together, the potential for total Holiday egg production would be cut in half?

I'm guessing... wildly, lol.

But then, it goes against grabbing for yourself, too, doesn't it? Because there are only half as many eggs for you to keep?

I think we'll just have to wait and see. It makes sense to me that TJ might have only meant that holiday x holiday would refuse out of season, but then maybe Pumpkins really are an exception because of the limited breeding possibilities for the breed as a whole (but in that case, it wouldn't be a Halloween thing, it'd be a Pumpkin thing.) Until TJ clarifies what he meant or we have a holiday after rare x rare breeding comes out, there's no way to know for sure.

4 chances for eggs or 2 chances for eggs?

If you have two of each Christmas (or valentines) dragons and you breed them to common dragons, you get FOUR individual breeding chances for eggs to share with others.

If you have two of each Christmas (or valentines) dragons and you breed them to each other then you only get TWO breeding chances for eggs and you have effectively cut your egg production by half if not more. Very little sharing going on.

4 chances for eggs is a much better option when it comes to "sharing" themes since you can't exceed your own personal "2 limit". Halloween where a "hoarding" theme is encouraged there is no limit on eggs you can have for yourself so pumpkin x pumpkin breedings, while they do reduce egg production, they do not conflict with the holiday theme.