TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Perhaps because if two dragons both in their season, as with Yulebucks and Snow Angels or Valentines and Sweetlings were bred together, the potential for total Holiday egg production would be cut in half?

I'm guessing... wildly, lol.

what if people started using fertility on the holiday x holiday dragons then?

Didn't people get like 2-4 eggs from a breeding for pumpkins?

I only got one, but it is likely that you will get more than one when you breed your holidays when they can produce their same species. smile.gif

That wouldn't make much, if any, difference, KidaYuki. Holiday dragons in their seasons are very prolific. Yes, most of them are going to give at least 2 eggs, and many will give 4. If one has 2 each of the Yulebucks and Snow Angels, one has a good chance of dropping 16 Christmas eggs to the AP this Christmas.

Fertility is not supposed to have an effect on the specific production of rare eggs - just on whether the pair of dragons might make eggs of any type. Since holiday dragons are already known to be very fertile during their specific holiday it would be a waste to use fertility on them.

My 9 pumpkins produced a total of 12 eggs:

2 pumpkins gave me 0 eggs

3 pumpkins gave me 1 egg each

3 pumpkins gave me 2 eggs each

1 pumpkins gave me 3 eggs each

0 pumpkins gave me 4 eggs each

I could have gotten more eggs except I was stupid and 2 of the pumpkins were bred to each other rather than to pygmy's like the others had been and of course those 2 dragons produced absolutely NOTHING between them. dry.gif

Fertility is not supposed to have an effect on the specific production of rare eggs - just on whether the pair of dragons might make eggs of any type. Since holiday dragons are already known to be very fertile during their specific holiday it would be a waste to use fertility on them.

Fertility also shouldn't work on pairings that will refuse any way. It also does not guarantee an egg; just helps it a bit. ^^

Valentine eggs were very stingy this year. I think the mass yulebucks were a pleasant surprise. I know several people that thought there would be a wall of old valentines, but it never happened. So, I'm not counting my Christmas eggs before they drop.

That said, are we there yet?

I'm really really hoping renaming comes in early december, I used a very special name on an ungendered dragon and it gendered WRONG xd.pngxd.pngxd.png Oh jeez. xd.png

Actually, terming the first 2 weeks 'early December', as I've seen various people doing, leaves no middle, as the last 2 weeks would then presumably be 'late December', wouldn't they?

Early December surely ought to be the first week or so, one would think... hope... ??? especially for the extra spaces!!!

Good job. Not a sycophant but if I was I suppose I'd have ta get into a Mankini and flop about like a jellyfish.......like all these other dudes and dudettes.

But the reason for that is that Christmas and Valentine's day are about sharing with others, while Halloween is about grabbing as much as you can for yourself. How does having holiday x holiday breeding go against sharing with others?

Because not as many eggs would be produced, but you get a purebred egg.

I got a two-clutch and four-clutch batch from mine.

Jeeze this waiting is just incredibly difficult! dry.gif

Oi, I did it again! My conscious mind is content to worry about school and the 8-page essay due next Monday, but my unconscious mind only cares about DCs new features, it seems. I had another DC dream...

Lurking on the forums told me that Teleport was out, so I checked and sure enough my Magis had Teleport and my Purples had Fertility. I named something wrong, checked for the renaming feature and boom! it was there. After naming, the "name" action didn't disappear. So I had 4 eggs, went to the cave to check about biomes and grabbing a 5th, and... there was a bonus. It had a strange message something like "The biomes are coming! Why don't we celebrate?" and there was an odd setup under it, it looked like a banner with a black egg and a white egg. I clocked the white, since I recently lost one IRL due to... circumstances... and what I got was an egg that looked like a Split, but white on the left and black on the right. I went to incubate my others so I could grab 4 more (It seemed to be an event release!)... and I woke up.

That was awesome. Just. Awesome. Now I know that apparently DC is more important than school xd.png

blink.gif It's morning, I haven't had my coffee yet, why can't your dream

Lurking on the forums told me that Teleport was out, so I checked and sure enough my Magis had Teleport and my Purples had Fertility. I named something wrong, checked for the renaming feature and boom! it was there. After naming, the "name" action didn't disappear. So I had 4 eggs, went to the cave to check about biomes and grabbing a 5th, and... there was a bonus. It had a strange message something like "The biomes are coming! Why don't we celebrate?" and there was an odd setup under it, it looked like a banner with a black egg and a white egg. I clocked the white, since I recently lost one IRL due to... circumstances... and what I got was an egg that looked like a Split, but white on the left and black on the right. I went to incubate my others so I could grab 4 more (It seemed to be an event release!)... and I woke up.

be real? It sounds like a winner to me, and I like the new egg bit, too! Very nice dream! smile.gif

Wharrgarble. Can't tell you how happy I'll be when the new limits are in place. Then I won't have to keep shuffling to avoid hatchling lock. :3

I´m holding my breath if something will happen tomorrow!

Hehe, me too.

But I doubt it will already happen something tomorrow.

Even if it would be nice...

I don't think it's necessary to say that this will make the game 510% better and more enjoyable. HECK YEAH! Time to party!

Yes!! December is just some hours away! This has been a very long week. I hope the changes are here soon! biggrin.gif

But I doubt it will already happen something tomorrow.

Even if it would be nice...

Me too. I think that we could see something new around the half of next week.