TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I think the scroll pages means how many dragons we want to set per page; meaning each scroll, for us, will load however many we set it to per page.

Though that's just how I understood it lol

Also, is scroll pages optional? I think that if there are pages, it kind of ruins the point of calling it a scroll, considering scrolls don't have pages.

The pages themselves aren't optional, but you can set them high enough that it can seem like it. :3

Now everyone should be fine with the scroll pages idea, right?

Edited by PieMaster

Now everyone should be fine with the scroll pages idea, right?

Ideally.

Just set the page limit to 3000 and most scrolls will not have a second page. :)

Just set the page limit to 3000 and most scrolls will not have a second page. smile.gif

This. But only if we'll able to set the number, or if numbers will be hight like this. I hope so *imagines her scroll as a copybook blink.gif*

I hope I will be able to gender my frozen babies?

You will have to let the hatchie gender then freeze to get a gendered frozen hatchie.

They will stay in whatever stage they are frozen in biggrin.gif

( Isn't it December yet unsure.gif )

Edited by dragonpuck

This. But only if we'll able to set the number, or if numbers will be hight like this. I hope so *imagines her scroll as a copybook blink.gif*

You can set the number of dragons per page to whatever you want it to be.

You can set the number of dragons per page to whatever you want it to be.

Really? There will not be given choiches but we'll be able to decide the number? Good thing biggrin.gif. Everyone will be satisfied (for me 9999, until page loading will work!).

Ideally.

Just set the page limit to 3000 and most scrolls will not have a second page. smile.gif

Nappa: Vegeta, why are there more than three pages on this scroll?

Vegeta: It's OVER 9000!!

Nappa: What?! 9000?!? There's no way that can be right!

( Isn't it December yet  unsure.gif )

Lol. Come December 1st, this thread will once again rage like mad. OMG ITS DECEMBER YAY! Where are the new features?!

xd.png Perhaps TJ should change the OP to say late December, or some time after when he really intends to put stuff in.

How AWESOME isn't this?! You just made my day, TJ! Thank you so much! Arhg, now I want December to come even more!

Timeframe: None right now, but everything is done being coded. A number of these may appear in early December.

happy.gif

Lol. Come December 1st, this thread will once again rage like mad. OMG ITS DECEMBER YAY! Where are the new features?!

xd.png Perhaps TJ should change the OP to say late December, or some time after when he really intends to put stuff in.

Maybe he did say when he intends to put SOME things in. smile.gif

I'm just waiting away! laugh.gif

( Isn't it December yet unsure.gif )

four more days.... SOOOO CLOSE!! and 18 days before the Christmas breeding frenzy begins.

Thanks...

I just spit water all over my bed.... tongue.gif

At least it wasn't my laptop. O.O

*gets a glass of apple cider and continues to stalk thread* Dude, I should so be working on that 8 page essay right now. Whatever. Watching people wait for new features is more fun! xd.png

four more days.... SOOOO CLOSE!! and 18 days before the Christmas breeding frenzy begins.

You do realize that "early" December could be anywhere from the first to the 16th?

And after hearing scroll pages explained I am no longer so thrilled about them. I was hoping I could categorize the pages, such as hatchlings on one page, Cb dragons on another,etc. Since it only relies on an equal amount for each, looks like I won't be able to do this...eh, oh well.

You do realize that "early" December could be anywhere from the first to the 16th?

Thank you. And that is exactly why I'm going to sit patiently and laugh as the first feature comes out halfway through December. For the days before, I can just imagine the drama. *laughs* It's going to be so fun. Then watch a minor thing like the scroll pages come out, and the Teleport supporters say WE WANT TELEPORT, and the teleport haters say NO NOT YET, and... chaos ensues. *gets more juice* Poor TJ and the Mods having to deal with it all. Unless they all think it's going to be fun, too.

...I love being a patient one. cool.gif

If I had to wait until the 16th of December for the changes to start rolling off the assembly line I think I might be mental by that point what with Christmas shopping, craziness at work and the anticipation in the Cave growing each and every day we have to wait. laugh.gif

And after hearing scroll pages explained I am no longer so thrilled about them. I was hoping I could categorize the pages, such as hatchlings on one page, Cb dragons on another,etc. Since it only relies on an equal amount for each, looks like I won't be able to do this...eh, oh well.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was hoping for, too, only for Thuwed/Dorkie lineage breeders, CB breeders, etc. on various pages, that sort of thing, even though I actually like having my dragons in the order in which they arrived.

But at least this reduces the opportunity for puter collapse and will enable people to load our own scrolls, lol.

You.

You just made my day. biggrin.gif

It just hit me, belatedly, that once Teleport is in permanently in use the LIT thread can finally go away. I always felt bad for players who'd lost their eggs and hatchies (I did lose quite a few myself) but would privately also wince a bit knowing the majority would never be returned since a fair catch on the ap was a fair catch by rules of the game and your chances of having say, a metallic, returned were probably less than 2%. It was kind of depressing really. Thank you for Teleport TJ!! smile.gif

Edited by Misha

I LOLed IRL. Well done. laugh.gif

you got me all excited for something that hasn't happened yet sad.gif

anyway, how are the biomes going to work?