TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

so if rares are now going to be able to breed and at the same time we can increase their fertility.... that would be awesome! I would be really happy with that if you catch were I'm going with it Xp

Your chances for getting a rare will be no more greater then as it is now.. if anything you are cutting your odds in half with the rare x rare breedings and I don't think fertility will make up for it.

So I know with the rareXrare breedings you can't do holidayXholiday and be successful...but I wonder if we'll be able to breed, say, YulebuckXSnowangel during the normal holiday breeding times and get a clutch of eggs. I'd love to have a Yule/Snow offspring and a '09 Valentine/Sweetling during February breedings as well.

So I know with the rareXrare breedings you can't do holidayXholiday and be successful...but I wonder if we'll be able to breed, say, YulebuckXSnowangel during the normal holiday breeding times and get a clutch of eggs. I'd love to have a Yule/Snow offspring and a '09 Valentine/Sweetling during February breedings as well.

This is exactly my thoughts! biggrin.gif Sweetling/Valentines as well as Yule/Snow Angels would look soo stunning but I'm not sure if it'll work that way.

Maybe we'll just have to wait until the time comes and check for ourselves lol

If someone ( TJ) answered that now ,we would know that teleport will be implemented by the Holiday, SOOOO I doubt that that question will be answered until either Teleport is implemented or TJ give us the "rules of engagement "for The Holiday season.

Not really. It's not like this Christmas is going to be the last holiday ever, after all. wink.gif I know some people have already promised Valentines, and I'm sure they'd like to know this as well (and, actually, I'd also like to know if it's safe to arrange to give Sweetlings to people, or to try to negotiate a trade to get an '09 Valentine.)

Mmm, yeah, pretty much sums up why I'm reeeally looking forward to Teleport.

I've been trying for a year to breed a gold egg for a friend of mine, who has none. Finally got the first one about a week ago. Set up a time to trade it with her... someone else got it first. Posted in LiT, and the person was kind enough to return it! As my friend wasn't able to be on for a couple days, I set up the trade... and missed it. :/

Really looking forward to being able to give stuff away without losing it more often than not.

Plus! I hate setting up times to chat with people to arrange a trade. IRC doesn't work for me about half the time, and slows my internet speed waaay down, but I don't know of any other free place to create temp chat rooms. Being able to trade without messing with that? Oh yes.

I can't trade thru the chats, I prefer to use Yahoo Messanger. I lose fewer eggs with it.

I can't trade thru the chats, I prefer to use Yahoo Messanger. I lose fewer eggs with it.

I have lost eggs when using messengers, The IRC,Chatzy, or dropping by time. It has nothing to do with the "chat " vehicle , and everything to do with timing, computer speed,Internet speed, vision and reflexes.( and my dratted computer working as it should)

Teleport will remove all the variables, and move that all important pixel from a to b wink.gif

Making that my second favorite after the new limits, which I am hoping will be one of the first things to be implemented

*crosses fingers , but does not hold breath*

Edited by dragonpuck

I don't understand the distinction you are drawing between YulebuckxSnowanglel and holidayxholiday.

Holiday x Holdiay is not possible.

Only Rare x Rare and Rare x Holiday.

But I wonder if Rare x Uncommon will be possible as well.

A few days ago I saw someone posting who had bred Stripe with a Gold, but that wonders me, because Stripes are called uncommon.

So I wonder why it worked.

A few days ago I saw someone posting who had bred Stripe with a Gold, but that wonders me, because Stripes are called uncommon.

The difference in that person's post was holiday x holiday breeding on holidays. While I don't think it'll be possible at all, the distinction s/he is giving is the special occasion of a holiday, just like holiday dragons breed their own kind on holidays, but no other day.

As for gold x stripe, that's always been possible. I've done it many times. I think stripe have become "uncommon" only recently, and even then, I think whomever listed it as uncommon jumped the gun, because they used to be extremely common. As did the black and pink, and I don't see them listed as uncommon myself.

That's such great news. I LOVE how in depth the system is getting and the changes are looking to be super fun. *excited*

The only other uncommons we have that can breed with other dragons are the Trios, and since those breed like rares anyway, I'd assume you could pair uncommons with anything.

Sorry if I just came out of the blue, but there's something about the Egg/Hatchling Limits that I just don't get. For now, we're allowed to have 5 Eggs and 4 Hatchies at max, right? So that's 9 at total. But at what the update says it's going to be, 4 eggs/12 total. Can someone explain this to me? unsure.gif

The 5th Egg which can be bred now was sort of a glitch, if I remember right.

Was it? Was it?

My memory is not that good.

Anyways, if the update is available, the 5th egg will disappear. Til you reach another badge.

All I know is that 5 eggs is the max. But as the update says, 4eggs/12 total. How can we have 12 at total? 4 Eggs and 8 Hatchies?

I don't understand the distinction you are drawing between YulebuckxSnowanglel and holidayxholiday.

I am thinking they mean that they are hoping holidays from different yearswill be able to breed laugh.gif

I'd kinda like that myself smile.gif

Sorry if I just came out of the blue, but there's something about the Egg/Hatchling Limits that I just don't get. For now, we're allowed to have 5 Eggs and 4 Hatchies at max, right? So that's 9 at total. But at what the update says it's going to be, 4 eggs/12 total. Can someone explain this to me? unsure.gif

you can have 4 eggs and still get 8 hatchies = 12

or have 3 eggs and 9 hatchies

the total is eggs and hatchies( growing dragons) combined up to the limit, but even if you have maxed out on eggs you will still be able to hunt for hatchies up to the 12 limit.

IMHO this is one of the best features.

Edited by dragonpuck

the total is eggs and hatchies( growing dragons) combined up to the limit, but even if you have maxed out an eggs you will still be able to hunt for hatchies up to the 12 limit.

Ooh, now I get it. Thanks. biggrin.gif

Sorry if I just came out of the blue, but there's something about the Egg/Hatchling Limits that I just don't get. For now, we're allowed to have 5 Eggs and 4 Hatchies at max, right? So that's 9 at total. But at what the update says it's going to be, 4 eggs/12 total. Can someone explain this to me?  unsure.gif

Let's say you don't have anything on your scroll.

You catch four eggs (4 eggs/4 total).

They hatch and you catch 4 new eggs (4 eggs/8 total).

Those eggs hatch and you can still catch 4 new eggs (4 eggs/12 total).

And TJ stated somewhere in this thread that you can still catch hatchies even when you have four eggs, as long as you don't cross the limit of 12 total. So the link between egg-lock and hatchies will be gone.

The fifth bred egg wasn't a glitch, TJ made it like that so people breed more.

With the new limits it won't matter if you catch or breed 4 eggs (or 5/6/7 depending on your badge), there won't be an extra egg slot for breeding.

edit: Too slow xd.png

Edited by TanzendeFee