Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

Same here. And I drink shots of lemon juice. Sour stuff = <3

Oh yah... one thing I forgot. Plain lemons are awesome! Ocopus was also good... only had it once though, at some restaurant I don't remember the name of.

-snip-

Cold pizza, leftover spaghetti, and soup are also good. Actually, cold leftover anything if I'm too lazy to heat it up.

Cold pizza is awesome for breakfast.

Cold chicken tenders are good, and so is cold breaded fish fillets with a side of cold hush-puppies and (you guessed it) cold fries is also yummy.

I am a huge fan of sushi. And I'm not talking about those California rolls you see at the grocery store (but those are yummy, too). Gimmie my tempura ell, salmon roe, sliced yellowtail, salmon skin, all wrapped up in succulent seaweed. Seaweed salad! Another favorite of mine. Calamari, octopus, dried cuttlefish, also favorites.

When I learned about Pho, I learned about beef tendon slices in soup. I love it. I am known to go down and buy a package just to stew it up with some garlic and veggies. You have to get it HOT to cook, though.

My favorite cheeses all have mold on or in them. My favorite cut of beef is the tongue, closely seconded by the heart and the liver. I have had lamb tongue, liver, and heart, pork hearts, I love poultry giblets (heart, liver, gizzard), I once raised my own silkie chickens for the meat (black all the way to the bone-- yup, black meat), though I kept two hens as pets, such sweet birds.

I once went to a taqueria that was laid out like a Subway-- you choose your own meats to go into your burrito. I saw some tube-shaped bits and got those, curious what they were. They were pretty chewy, and tasted really good- like beef heart with a hint of ... corn? Yup, corn. I made sure I was finished before I asked what it was, because I had a sneaky suspicion.... They called it "tripitas", meaning roughly "little tripes". I would call them small intestines. Bleargh! But, would I do it again? Yup. Haggis, once you get over the oatmealish texture, is very yummy. I will admit, mine came out of a can, but it has introduced me to a wonderful new thing to try, once I find a place that serves it. The vegetarian haggis was pretty darned good, too.

I have tried fried bugs. Crickets have a nasty BO. They STINK, even when alive. I don't keep them around for long for my critters. This stink follows through as they are fried, and I could not even taste one. Canned silkworm pupae? DON'T. Just... Don't. Fresh maybe, but not canned. Mealworms... Ahhhh! Those taste like Sunchips. I will go back for more, or possibly raise my own. Sometimes I am tempted to nom on a juvenile hissing cockroach or a Blaptica dubia roach that I'm rearing as feeder insects for my bearded dragon. He loves them, so, maybe.... Maybe not yet.

Have you heard of pitcher plants? Nepenthes? How about ketupat or ketupat periuk kera? In the Philippines it's called petupat. It is coconut rice in either a banana leaf wrapper or in a well-cleaned out pitcher plant. Well, I grow them, so.... Yup! It's very yummy either way. It's another tasty treat I've picked up from my foreign friends.

Did you know that flowering kale is edible? Every time I see it growing as landscaping, I am now tempted to snag one for lunch. xd.png Nopales, or prickly pear cactus leaves, taste somewhat like green beans. I put it in random meals, including stews, omlettes, even my spaghetti!

I work amid a large group of Mexicans, sprinkled liberally with Chinese, Vietnamese, and now a Ukrainian. It has allowed me to experience a wild variety of cuisines, each one more entertaining than the last. For most things, I will try it once. I only draw the line at (ok, most) digestive parts, gizzards excepted, reproductive parts, or ocular. I will even try brains if ever offered. Spinal cord is nummy!

Edited by Lil-Stinkpot

@Varekis DURIAN IS ONE OF MAH FAVOURITE FRUIT EVER 8C Did you eat the actual fruit? Or simply something durian-flavoured? Because I've tried durian-flavoured stuff before and it's bleugh most of the time.

8C

I was tres hard-core and went straight for the fruit. :D

I DID NOT ENJOY IT.

I don't know if this counts as strange, but I love eating the tails on shrimp. And I put potato chips on my sandwiches, or any chips really. Sunchips on tuna... yum.

Wow. Just Wow at this topic.

I've eaten Rice Krispey treats with ranch.(For a dare.) And a hot dog with ketchup, cheese, bacon bits, ranch, pickles, pickle juice, soy sauce, teryiaki sauce, A1 steak sauce, and more cheese. It was delicious! But it kept on falling apart because of all the stuff.

And I find Pinwheels very delicious. (The things that are flour-tortillas, lettuce, cream-cheese, and ham.)

I eat tomatoes like apples.

I also enjoy cold steak and hamburgers with no condiments or toppings.

Potato chips on bread is wonderful!

Yessss. So yummeh<3 especially potato chips on a hoagie(sub sandwich)

It's not too strange, but I like to dip pretzels in water before I eat them xd.png

Potato chips on bread is wonderful!

I know you're talking about American Chips, not proper chips.... but chip butties are brilliant!

Edited by TikindiDragon

Cheese all the way, i put chese in all the food, well have not put it in normal soup made from meat and wegies for flavour, that has noodles in it, but apart from that i have put cheese in all other food i have eaten so far. People put nuttela, marmalade or honey on bread, i put them on cheese.

I've once believed mayonnaise was good enough to be a separate food group.

I've once made, and eaten, a peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich.

Although it was years ago, I remember it was good. The only problem being how the mayo and better wouldn't mix, thus creating pockets.

Also, I've eaten a soda cracker with mayonnaise and a slice of pickle on top. It tastes exactly like a dill chip.

I'm a fan of mayonnaise too.

And I'm crazy for sushi! Actually for all kind of seafood. Nothing is too weird for me to eat if is seafood. laugh.gif

I'm a fan of mayonnaise too.

And I'm crazy for sushi! Actually for all kind of seafood. Nothing is too weird for me to eat if is seafood. laugh.gif

Ugh. >.< I cannot stand any type of seafood.

Chicken feet :3 I actually really like it though.

Also sushi. Any sushi with soy sauce is a winner.

I love to eat something my family calls ouvo battuto (literally translated into beaten eggs).

Basically its raw eggs whisked and then slowly adding sugar while your whisking.

I make mine with tons of sugar (about 100 grams of sugar per egg) because of my high sugar tolerance. Most people who try it though go on a sugar rush then pass out after maybe 10 mins.

Although it smells bad (like raw eggs) it's delicious!

Edited by May50555

I don't really think I've had much strange food...

I think the most unusual thing I've ever eaten is unagi rolls, which is basically freshwater Eel. It's actually really yummy and is one of my favorite foods. :3

I love sushi and seafood in general, but to be honest I don't find it more unusual than apples or bread. Then again. I've been eating it since I was young so I might just be used to it. My mom and sister act like sushi is alien food or something XD

Sushi is totally alien food. /nod

Hmm. Oddest thing might be smoked olives. They. Are. So. Good. <3

THe one thing I used to eat that usually freaked people out. Well, we used to make home-made popcorn all the time. Having lots of homemade popcorn leads one to put it in things. I <3 popcorn in a glass of ice cold coke. And in hot chicken soup. It's just mighty tasty. Come to think of it, in pretty much any campbells soup. Imo, makes sense as most of those soups are basically liquid salt. And the coke? Well you eat both in the theater all the time anyways.

Fried whitebait. Mmm.

I've tried brains before. Didn't really like it. I prefer hearts, intestines and gizzards >:3

Also ketchup and mayo sandwiches lol.

Fried whitebait. Mmm.

*drools* Deep-fried whitebait is awesome. *nods*

I've tried tripe, but I never was a fan. Black pudding on the other hand...

I don't really eat anything too out of the ordinary. Stuff I eat is pretty common around here. Unless you think that putting hot sauce on canned tuna fish is weird.......xd.png

I also like to dip grilled cheese in ketchup. tongue.gif That was something I picked up as a kid and also, I like to drink pickle juice, but is HAS to be the bread and butter kind. xd.png