Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

I have a tendency to eat lime straight as it is. I suck on the juices and eat the insides.

I'm very unhealthy. tongue.gif

Eew gross alert me I eat worscester. Sauce on watermelon smells weird but tastes so good

Apples in a salad isn't weird, at least not in my opinion. I've done it before.

I used to eat margarine on my pasta and rice like candy. Granted, this was back when I ate almost nothing but plain pasta, rice, bread, sometimes broccoli and fish sticks. Now I can't stand butter if it's not mixed with a whole bunch of other stuff that makes it not taste so much like butter. I think it started getting real bad to me when they took out the trans fat.

My latest favorite food has been sweet potatoes. I love those things, hasjhasjahsj. Bake 'em and salt 'em, mash 'em with cinnamon and maple syrup and whatnot, serve it with chicken doused in coconut milk and curry and cilantro,.... <3 Not so weird, but still.

NUUUU IGGYS.

I know! D: At first I was disgusted really, but my sister dared me to eat it. -shot-

Besides Mexicans cook that, and some Chinese restaurants in where I live tend to hunt them and cook them, selling them as Chicken. >.>

Boiled peanuts.

I live in Georgia USA so this is not considered weird, here. I found them strange at first (I'm not from here), but they're kind of addictive. You get them from roadside produce stands, where they're boiled in the shell in huge vats of salt water, either plain or with spices. Then they're sold hot straight out of the vat. They're raw before they're boiled, so they end up tasting kind of like a bean, not like roasted peanuts at all. Kind of messy to eat since they're still in the shell and they're also still wet. At first we were like, "These are bizarre, how did this get to be a thing?" but they grew on us...

Note - the kind they sell in gas stations aren't worth the trouble, and the canned ones are pretty terrible. You have to get 'em fresh and from a roadside stand, IMO.

I eat cheese and pickles. American cheese is preferred and you just take pickles and wrap them in cheese. It's surprisingly delicious and changing up the pickle type can change the entire flavor. I love eating cheese and pickles.

Jellyfish and well...tomatoes with soy sauce ._.'

ETA: Like in this.

Edited by XiaoChibi

I eat just about anything... xd.png I've eaten spiders, ants, beetles, worms, octopus, squid, scorpion, sea urchin, sushi, and duck. Loved all of them! (Except the beetle, and the sea urchin.) Basically, if someone says "I dare you to eat this weird food", I will. The only things I don't want to eat are deadly things, like Fugu, and cruel things, like Shark Fin Soup.

Edited by OloredTheGreat

I have a tendency to eat lime straight as it is. I suck on the juices and eat the insides.

I'm very unhealthy. tongue.gif

I do that too. xd.png It's good for you, though. smile.gif

No Fugu for me....not into eating neurotoxins, lol.

Now, living in CA like I do, there are a lot of Mexican based dishes available. One thing I'd like to try someday is Bull Fries. I hear they are rather good. I see them raw in the supermarket and have wanted to try them.

Bull Fries = Bull Testicles. smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Sounds interesting...? Ox tail soup is delicious by the way^^

/waves CA resident here smile.gif

Sounds interesting...? Ox tail soup is delicious by the way^^

/waves CA resident here smile.gif

I love Ox tail soup!! Only problem is, you gotta eat a lot of oxtails just to get enough meat. It's good tho!!!

I like sushi...when it's well made. BUT I will never eat Urchin. Tried it once, OMG!!! Never ever.

Edited by Riverwillows

No Fugu for me....not into eating neurotoxins, lol.

Now, living in CA like I do, there are a lot of Mexican based dishes available. One thing I'd like to try someday is Bull Fries. I hear they are rather good. I see them raw in the supermarket and have wanted to try them.

user posted image

If you never said what those were, I'd have thought they were pig roasts or something similar.

~

I've had raw sand shark once, and it was delicious. My friend's Uncle was the owner of the boat and he reeled in the little shark. It was about 4' long, and he said it was a young one. As soon as the shark got on the deck he gutted it right there, sliced off the sides, and threw the corpse back into the water. Then he sliced some pieces up and had us try it.

Well, which food is considered weird sometimes depends on the culture.

Like for an instance, I've heard that people don't eat horse meat in the US and Canada, while I love a nice big horse steak straight from the butchery on my dish.

I don't eat much weird food, at least not food that I consider to be weird. Sometimes others do though. Like when I eat sea snails or rabbits (weird that some people consider rabbits just to be pets). I also tried pig feet and pig ears.

I'd pretty much consider trying any food as long as it isn't organ meat or cat or dog. I used to eat organ meat when I was little though. I remember eating pig brains, kidneys and tongue. I kinda wanted to try brains again, but when it was on my dish and I saw all the veins in it I just couldn't put it in my mouth.

Oh and some other things people might consider being weird are pigeon (it's a delicacy here), frog, kangaroo and ostrich.

Edited by Dracowyn

Old country boy here, love pig from the snout to tail.

Pigs feet, ears, tails, chittlins, maws, crazy for bbq spare ribs!

Wih a nice piece of corn bread and good homemade cole slaw.

I just got done dipping one of these (image is of a box of "Cocoa Loco" bars) into a bowl of 9% plain Greek yogurt.

That's not weird to me. Sounds actually normal.

Well, the weirdest I can think of is microwavable ramen noodles. There's also raspberry cake with creamcheese frosting, it's been my birthday cake for the last two years now.

Well, in addition to oxtails, sushi, and wanting to try bull fries, I LOVE bird hearts. Yeah, chicken, turkey, etc.

And I love onions. Raw onions, cooked onions, onions in salad, green onions, any onion is a good onion.

And Garlic. I love it. Raw garlic is good, but I like it better when it's thickly spread on bread, add parmesian cheese and toast it.....

I've had alligator, it's pretty good. I put ketchup on almost everything.

Haggis. Love it.

I don't eat a lot of what I would consider "weird," but I do think that most Americans at least would. I'll eat just about any kind of fish/seafood that isn't toxic(no fugu for me), including eel, squid, octopus... I've not had the opportunity to try a lot of unusual things because of where I live, but I'm not particularly squeamish when it comes to food. I like most things, though I definitely do tend to prefer vegetables/fruit and fish/poultry over most red meats.

When I was in elementary school, I used to love ranch with bread and would go around singing, "Ranch bread! Ranch bread! I like ranch bread!" Just to annoy people.