Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

I had yak steak. Twice.

I grossed out my roommate this weekend. Found beef tongue at a reasonable price and bought it. The cool thing is that it's currently cooking and will be dinner tonight, after it is sliced and put between rye bread.

mmm, tongue sammiches.

I've had Bison, it wasn't that good but it wasn't horrible.

I absolutely LOVE Venison (Deer Meat). Deer Sausage, Steak, Burgers, Chili, Meatballs. Anything to do with deer is delicious.

I love squid and octopus. I used to buy full squids and cut them up myself, and fry them with some butter, onions, garlic and bacon. Mmm Mmm!!

I also love duck and duck heart and liver. I've also had Turkey heart and liver but it's not as good as duck.

I love trying new and strange foods. You never know what it tastes like. It may sound gross but it could turn out to be delicious.

That being said, I've tried pickled pigs feet and that was absolutely horrible. DX

Well the weirdest would probably have to be microwave butter popcorn with marshmallows melted over it (marshmallow turns into rock if you let it cool after microwaving it though so you have to eat it quick :3 just throw buncha marshmallows over your bowl of popcorn and give a few seconds then mix it all up together, s'like rice krispie squares with.... buttered popcorn instead of rice krispies so really nothing like rice krispies but anyway)

And another one of my favs that grosses my boyfriend out is getting some nice piping hot french fries and dipping them in vanilla ice cream Mmmmmmm ^^ so good!

And another one of my favs that grosses my boyfriend out is getting some nice piping hot french fries and dipping them in vanilla ice cream Mmmmmmm ^^ so good!

Oh that's really good too! happy.gif

Yummy! But i personally think frenchfries go better with chocolate milkshakes. Mmmmmmmm!

Yummy! But i personally think frenchfries go better with chocolate milkshakes. Mmmmmmmm!

My sister does that... x_X

Did I mention celery and jelly? (Jelly as in the UK meaning)

Oh I also forgot Mashed Potatoes and Ketchup. Delicious!

My dad used to put ketchup and cinnamon on french toast. Blech!

Ummm... Weirdest food I'ce eaten...

1.) Fried Squid and Octopus Tentacles in Buttery Wasabi Sauce... Mmmm...

2.) Rattlesnake Soup

3.) Deep Dam Catfish Nuggets in White Cheese Sauce

4.) Spicy Gator Kabobs

5.) Rocky Mountain Oysters... ONCE AND NEVER AGAIN...

As a vegitarian (sp?) I don't eat much. I think the wierdest thing I eat is a bagel with ketchup.

Rice with ketchup. biggrin.gif

My old housemate used to have ketchup and Super Noodles. He cannot cook, simple as that.

Rocky mountain fried oysters although those are quite popular, and mayonnaise with pickles on bread is sooo good!!

Rocky mountain fried oysters although those are quite popular, and mayonnaise with pickles on bread is sooo good!!

Aren't those.... uh, cow balls?

And the diabetes and ever-expanding waistline of course.

Aren't those.... uh, cow balls?

Steer mostly. They almost never use normal bulls.

Apparently they often use unbred steer cause they are juicier then.

I have these mints that are made with Canadian maple sugar. Seriously, it's like sucking on a pancake.

ive had jelly fish...gooey, but still pretty good. also, i had heavily peppered alligator. it was pretty tough and not at all chewy.

Whenever i hear of different type of foods that people eat like rats i see it as a very strange thing.

I hate it.

-Advertising removed-

Edited by Khallayne

The strangest thing I've probably eaten is seaweed...although I did used to like the skin on chicken drumsticks.

I seemed to have fall in love with eating grapes and cheetos at the same time. smile.gif

Or a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on white bread- was JUST introduced into that.

My roommate eats peanut butter with cheese. That was kinda gross. xd.png

Just found something tasty to do with leftover tongue.

Take a couple slices of leftover tongue, chop/grind/mash till it's mush (technique depending on toughness)

add 1-2 tbsp of mayonnaise, a teaspoon or so of ranch dip mix, and salt to taste

Dip chips in and enjoy.

Was a tasty brunch.

I like toast with jam and cheese, sour fish with chocolate-coating, cereals with fruit-yogurt and... hm... tuna-cookies! happy.gif

Crickets. They are so delicious!!!

Not raw, of course. They're roasted and awesome.

Edited by dragon_overlord