Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

Does Oreos submerged in milk count?

I also eat cereals with chocolate in the absence of milk...

Oh yeah... And I also dip chicken nuggets in Oreo MCflurry...

...........You know? Warmed up cereal suddenly doesn't sound strange to me anymore. xd.png

Lol, My friend warms up her cereal too..

O_O I find it very weird..

I dip my bread into ketchup for no apparent reason.

Would sauerkraut and sausage be considered strange? My family's German descended, so we make it a habit to eat sauerkraut. Especially on New Year's Day since my family has the tradition of eating it for good luck (with sausage of course). I know a lot of people hate sauerkraut. Mainly because it's more of an acquired taste.

But more of the exotic things I've tasted are shark and alligator jerky from vacation one year. I've also had some really nice kalamari once. It was thinly sliced and fried so it looked more like onion rings.

I think my favorite unusual food is deer summer sausage. It's not something I eat very often, but sometimes my brother would send our family links from his hunting excursions.

Definitely gazpacho. That's more of an unknown food though... it's watermelon soup made with parts of watermelon... or so I think. I think I saw some of the green stuff on the soup. It's very soft...

Anyway, I do eat lechon, (basically pig) puto, (NO, NOT THE SPANISH BAD WORD. It's a riceball) among other things.

Uh, Gazpacho is actualy a tomato soup, not watermelon. The unusual thing about it is that it's served chilled.

I love a mug full of kama mixed with cold buttermilk or kefir and sugar.

During winter and especially during Christmas we eat sauerkraut and black pudding.

Oh and marinated sprats with black bread. biggrin.gif

Damn now I'm hungry...

Uh, Gazpacho is actualy a tomato soup, not watermelon. The unusual thing about it is that it's served chilled.

Apparently it is also made using watermelon, so MisaTange was not wrong.

I love dipping french fries in milkshakes, most people I know like it as well though some others think it sounds pretty disgusting. tongue.gif

^^ Yep I do that too lol

Lol, My friend warms up her cereal too..

O_O I find it very weird..

But it's really good. ohmy.gif

If I'm somewhere and locals offer me something I find weird, I usually try it and often end up liking it. I'm usually like "well, they eat it and don't die, it can't be that bad".

As for weird things I eat regularly...

...I put applesauce on almost anything except for sandwiches, soups and pizza. Although you could get me to reconsider pizza.

things I have eaten that would be considered strange (according to most western diets)

alligator jerky

fish eggs

takoyaki (octopus)

user posted image

dragon fruit *tastes a lot like kiwi*

user posted image

Cherimoya/custard apple

user posted image

soapberry/lychee fruit

user posted image

mangosteen(dried)

user posted image

(cant get enough of the following so they are are normal in my family but they are not that common here)

mochi

user posted image

bubble tea

user posted image

Azuki beans

user posted image

Edited by chickenhound

I'm Asian. You do the math :|

For some reason, this surprised me more than your list of food.

Aaaanyways, um, nothing too weird I eat on a regular basis... aside from dipping cheese in pudding, and salt and vinegar chips with hummus. Not that weird though

I did eat the cooked heart from a chicken we had just to weird my brother out and it was yummy, but that's not exactly a regular occurrence.

things I have eaten that would be considered strange (according to most western diets)

Well, I tasted everything mentioned except alligator jerky, dragon fruit and Cherimoya...

I recall myself trying to cook Chinese Jiaozi, failed and then baked from it the best meatpie I ever had! biggrin.gif

Vegemite!!!! Its expected over here, but most foreners dont like it much...

user posted image

Also, One slick of bread+one microwaved hashbrown+mushed up kiwifruit and strawberry for the sauce (yum!)

1 can of tined corn+1 cooked onion (cook both in frypan)+chilli+lots of spices= YUM!!!

Best weird food was a deep-fried twinkie

Weirdest was a sheep's head in the middle of winter in an Iron-Age village in Denmark.

I haven't tried it myself, but there's this pizzeria in town that have a pizza with meatballs and lingonberry jam on it.