Ninetails

Unusual food combinations/Stange foods you eat

When we were little, we used to eat tree leaves with a couple of friends. They taste like salad without dressing, actually. smile.gif (The leaves, I mean. tongue.gif)

Apart from that, I've tried a couple of Chinese meals (pork with pineapple and other stuff), but nothing worth to mention in the "weird food" thread.

Edited by Agleka

Compared to everyone else, what I like to eat isn't very strange at all. I like putting weird things in peanut butter sandwiches, though. Yesterday, I made a peanut butter sandwich with Ritz crackers. I also love banana and PB, though it makes me really thirsty.

I also like some Cajun cuisine (but not much because I'm a picky eater! D: ), especially cracklins (not to be confused with cracklings)... Which are basically, "fried pieces of pork fat with a small amount of attached skin, flavored after frying with a mixture of peppery Cajun spices." (from Wikipedia). The spicier, the better. ^.^

Ooh I've had the PB sandwich with Ritz before. Quite yummy.

I like eating frozen french fries. My sister always looks at me like I'm insane when she sees me doing it, haha.

My dad once gave me an entire list of the strange things he's eaten. This includes (as much as I remember):

Deer, Rabbit, Duck Blood Soup, Bear, Alligator and Squirrel.

He said it all tasted like Chicken.

My dad once gave me an entire list of the strange things he's eaten. This includes (as much as I remember):

Deer, Rabbit, Duck Blood Soup, Bear, Alligator and Squirrel.

He said it all tasted like Chicken.

Trust me when I say that deer (venison) does *not* taste like chicken. If anything it tastes more like very mature beef.

Grass. Not on a regular basis, of course, but when I'm bored at a picnic or something, I'd just pluck a couple out of the ground and nom on them.

I eat everything, from japan...hawaii... and mostly china, OMG, CHINESE ANTS AND THOSE SCORPIONS, XDDDD, YUMMMMMYYY!!!!!!!

Can't say I have eaten much 'really weird' stuff yet but I'm willing to try anything. I mean, if it as considered a delicacy by the locals, even if it looks gross, it must be good, no?

I do like a lot of things that a lot of people find disgusting, like oysters, all kinds of organs (hmmm, sweetbread...) and things like that.

I guess the strangest thing about my day-to-day eating habits is my love for any kind of raw meat. You'll never find me cooking a steak when it's just for me... And in a restaurant I always order things rare. I will eat it when it's medium, but I can't stand anything that's well done.

Edited by Fengari

Lol I like menudo and barbacoa which a lot of ppl find strange.

my cousin ate fried worms

I love eating organs - heart, toungue, lungs. they are tasty xd.png

All my friends have been freaking out since they found out I ate a pigeon Wednesday night :I "ohmahgawsh parasites"...that's why you cook it.

When I eat mangos or kiwi fruit, I eat the skin too. Which seems perfectly normal to me, but I've had some odd reactions from friends...

Oh, and all sorts of weird faux-meat products, too. Tofurkey: not as awful as you'd expect.

Edited by arula

Hot dogs right out of the package is my weirdest one. I don't like to say "raw" since technically they're not; they're already fully-cooked when you buy them.

I like noodles with strawberries and yoghurt. And also pierogi with blueberries and strawberries (perfectly normal in Poland, but my friends make ew-faces whenever I have them).

Another weird food I can add to my list...

The school's cheeseburgers (soyburgers, I think) dipped in vanilla pudding.

The reaction I got from my friend was priceless.

My eating habits seem so boring after reading through this thread. :P I'm a wuss and don't like eating anything too bizarre or consisting of mostly fat/organs, including pate, terrines and steak tartare.

When I was younger, my friend and I used to suck the honey out of these weird flowers. They had these straw-like stem thingies which you could rip open and drink from. The honey was really good. Can't remember the plant name though.

I've also had kangaroo which was kind of gross. Kangaroo tail sausages were much better than kangaroo steak though. Those were some interesting times. I was like "We're eating our national animal ;_;" like the whole time. XD

Have also tried crocodile and escargots, both of which were very nice. :3

Also, durian is the fruit of the devil. D8> I was like "Lolz, let's try that" because I love fruit and wanted to try every kind... and I will never eat it again. Ever.

Hobnobs and blue cheese! biggrin.gif Hobnobs are oat biscuits we have here, sometimes with chocolate or honey flavored and stuff, and they are amazing with any kind of blue cheese. tongue.gif The more pricey, the better.

I've tried deer,rabbit,duck(All quite common to eat in NZ),roasted eel(YUM,tastes like sushi(Why yes,I do have strange tastes)).I also like potato chips dipped in lemonade...Cheese made from goat's milk?Is that unusual?

@Varekis:Is the plant you are talking about periwinkle?I do that when I find it in the local park.....Oh,and rose and pansy petals taste nice!And honeysuckle flowers taste like oranges!

Oh,and Squid rings,you can get them from the fish and chip shop.Are mussels unusual?They're one of my favourite foods,along with sushi.

Edited by arabian sparkle

@ Varekis; Is honeysuckle the name of the plant? Those used to grow wild around my house til the weeds all choked them. They were so yummy. ;_;

For some strange reason I eat fries dipped in ice cream. blink.gif

@ arabian sparkle: You live in NZ too? Yay for kiwis!

Edited by Vixonstar

I used to eat really odd things when I was little. Let's just say me and my friend didn't know how to cook so when we were hungry we got some leftovers from our fridges, combined them and hoped they weren't terrible.

Some of the weirdest things were pickles with chocolate chips and peanut butter, sausage dipped in nutella, hot sauce in milk (we tried to boil this one, haha. we cooked it too long and it turned out weird and lumpy and we ate it anyways :I), macaroni and cheese and fruit punch 'soup', hot cheetoh's with ranch and berries, v8 and lime jelly, fried fish topped with different kinds of cheeses and chocolate pudding, coffee beans blended with chocolate milk on kiwi fruit, and vanilla ice cream with sunflower seeds and ketchup. :I

Needless to say these were all disgusting and a huge waste of food. lD But we did get a few good ones out of this - sweedish meatballs with boisonberry jelly, cheese pizza with ranch dressing, creamcheese and strawberry jelly on a toasted bagel, and bacon strips dipped in mashed potatoes are a few I can think of.

Aside from my friend and I's weird combinations, I don't really eat anything too odd. The weirdest things are a steamed duck, most sea food (including ray, shark, eel, most shellfish/crustaceans and octopus/squid), deer stew (7 bowls of it and I still wanted more <3), and cornbread with this awesome foreign sauce who's name I can't remember. XD

Edited by ShinyDazzlight