wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I thought Sapo Dragons being a water aligned breed would be found in the coast, so I was confused to find one in the jungle. Then I looked it up and found out it was forest and jungle

Memo to self - first check how many eggs you have *then* breed...

I saw a beautiful 3G Witchlight in the hub where the trader asked for any M for freezing, but as I only had a 2G girl (albeit with much higher time, so the trader could put it up for trade a while longer), I thought maybe sweetening the offer with a nice 3EG Bronze checker, but off course it auto-abandoned... Whoever find it in the AP - have a lot of fun with it :D

So I caught this egg in the holiday wall that I was desperately hoping would gender right so I could pair it with another dragon that I already had. And it did! And I went to put it on the spreadsheet! With its mate! Only to discover that I in fact need the common from that pairing. Not the holiday. I only could've used a holiday if it was 2g, and this is 3. A holiday that just spent 2-3 days taking up space on my scroll that could've gone to other things.

Edited by Amberfly

I tried to breed some 2Gs to make 3Gs for unmated Halloweens. One was a purple mischecker- it was a male black marrow x purple line, with male marrow dad.

I muddled it up and made a female purple x marrow mischecker instead. Whhy:

2DD36CE3-AE81-405D-BC9A-4E62A764C71E.thumb.jpeg.cca5c731779ae74674a764c9c2fac0e4.jpeg

I only realised in my test breed. 

Im wondering if its passable, seeing as Id have to wait another year. I highly doubt Id find it a mate without making one myself XD 

It'll be a perfect mirror if you breed a Marrow from the top pair. Would be a Halloween-only pair then though.

I left Red-finned Tidals off my dragons spreadsheet for years and didn't notice until I went to breed one recently

Forgot about an egg I'm neglecting, got reminded by my dearest catcher a minute before it dies because she had the foresight to set an alarm...of course that amount of time isn't enough to get it enough view to hatch and didn't have the luck to have it neglect. Oh well, at least it's saved and hatched normal, that's better than a dead egg...

While in the middle of naming/renaming all of my dragons to tidy up my scroll, I went to name one of my Pacified Aegis dragons, and accidentally hit Enrage. :dry: And of course I just killed a dragon in an attempt for a zombie like, two days ago. :rolleyes:

A female Alcedine from Coast is the last one I need to get a full set of pairs of blues and reds from every biome. So I picked up two CB's a few days ago from the Coast in the hope one of them would hatch in the right color. They hatched blue and red and I was sure I need the blue one and didn't check back.

I traded away the red one only to find out that I actually NEED the red one, not the blue. smilie_wut_116.gif

I've been trying to get an Electric egg from one of my pairings for quite a long time, since I need it for a checker.

A few days ago, I finally got it.

And... I forgot to influence it. So if it genders wrong, I have to try all over again...

I made a note to myself on my holiday checker spreadsheet to rebreed one of my pairs for a non-holiday offspring before the start of Christmas breeding.

That note... did not get noticed until yesterday. 

The non-holiday breed is Silver Lunar Herald.

Silver Lunar offspring won't be breedable again until December 26th.   XD

Edited by sorenna

On 12/4/2020 at 5:46 PM, subwoofer said:

I've been trying to get an Electric egg from one of my pairings for quite a long time, since I need it for a checker.

A few days ago, I finally got it.

And... I forgot to influence it. So if it genders wrong, I have to try all over again...

Well, dang, it's male.

My attempts to breed an Electric resulted in 2 refusals (Turpentines!) and 1 Turp, sorry.

16 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, dang, it's male.

My attempts to breed an Electric resulted in 2 refusals (Turpentines!) and 1 Turp, sorry.

Yep, Turps sure are picky. It's fine, thanks for trying!

Another stupid thing I did was decide to do a checker with Lunar Heralds. I have to wait a long time for the colour I need to roll around again each time.

Ignored my holiday lineages for too long, now I cannot breed golden Lunars before the holidays anymore.

I needed more red dragons so I decided to start breeding a checker with them. I liked the look of Red and Crystalline dragons together so, I bred them forgetting that Crystalline dragons are both newer and more common so I only got those

I once bred a 3rd gen checker with a 2nd gen by mistake, but I keep misbreeding that dragon *urgh* at least it is a Lunar and I only breed it in their moon phase...

More just a 'wait what?' moment, but I legitimately forgot Rift Wyrms had adult dimorphism. I only had two adults and they were both male, and for some reason I thought that was the only adult sprite. I was momentarily confused when my new female Rift grew up and I saw a totally different adult sprite! I actually came to to forums looking to see if it was a new addition, before finally realizing.

Somehow managed to miscount at least one breed in my scroll completion spreadsheet. I thought I was done with shallow waters; turns out I still need two more. With this many dragons it's not surprising I miscounted some but now I'm worrying about other possible mistakes. I really don't want to re-check 4,000 dragons.

2 hours ago, Amberfly said:

Somehow managed to miscount at least one breed in my scroll completion spreadsheet. I thought I was done with shallow waters; turns out I still need two more. With this many dragons it's not surprising I miscounted some but now I'm worrying about other possible mistakes. I really don't want to re-check 4,000 dragons.

You could always make groups with the breeds and see what the number is. You can then possible write down somewhere so you will know for sure. (unless there is a limit on how many groups you can have, I have no idea. :( )

10 hours ago, Lady Dragoon said:

unless there is a limit on how many groups you can have

None that anyone has hit yet.

Miscounted and posted that I'd reached 6000 dragons because I had 60 pages on my scroll. I don't reach 6000 until I FILL 60 pages and hit page 61.I feel like an idiot.

forgot i was scroll locked and missed a paper /)_<  clicked in time and everything, just hit the "youre overburdened" page

forgot to influence my egg and it misgendered.

however.... i now have another fandom i can name dragons from, so there's that XD 

I switched biomes, away from a cb gold. 

Not that I would have caught it anyway, but it's good to know I have such great instincts :)

Bred two Brimstones to try for neglecting, and when they got down to below an hour left, I went to look at the exact time I'd bred them - and I hadn't written it down. Couldn't believe it, it's all I'm doing right now, I want to learn how to neglect and I won't do it by forgetting to write times down!