wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I spent shards to buy a "CB" Khusa for an upcoming massbreed and influenced it male. Around half an hour later, I found a CB influenceable Khusa egg in the AP.

ETA: I bit the Market egg and it was successfully ejected from my scroll. At least I freed the eggslot early.  

Edited by obelisk_light

47 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I keep breeding time based dragons at the wrong time, and getting the wrong colours! Sorry to those who receive them. 

You can check the Market for the current version of Lunars, Fire Gems and Glory Drakes.

Me to myself: Ok, let's do some hunting to work on my sprite collection. Been making some good progress lately. 

~opens AR~  ~gasp~  MUST SAVE ALL THE WHITE EGGS ~clickclickclickclickclick~

You are already overburdened...

I need some self control. XD

@Chaosdawn LOL Oh goodness yes! I'm like that with Aqualises (and apparently Xenos now as well). 

I guess it's a good thing I didn't use a freeze on the hatchling in my last post, since I'm now down to *1* freeze left until Friday morning. I hate being so low on freezes, what if I find an amazing hatchling in the AP?!

@HeatherMarie  I hate being low on freezes too, I try to plan them so I don't run out but it doesn't always work. XD

I forgot I was waiting for eggs to hatch for stage 1 zombies. I think now two out of four have probably got too many views to stay stage 1. What a waste of time. 😒

On 9/2/2020 at 1:57 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

You can check the Market for the current version of Lunars, Fire Gems and Glory Drakes.

I often do, but sometimes I get tired and forget that the particular breed is time based. Whenever I do remember I nearly always get not interested. When I dont, it breeds and is wrong! 

I influenced a khusa mate wrong and only realised it just now when it gendered. It was for the khusa breeding this week.

Oh well maybe Ill pick a mate up for the wrongly influenced one during the mass breed. Should be a good opportunity for that. 

Just realized I managed to do something stupid. Forgot about the new release hatchlings on my scroll and they all died. (however I did manged to get a zombie hatchling out of one of the revive attempts.) Blaming that on the most recent exam making me forget. Now to gather a new batch which is going to be hard.

Stared at this in the cave:

"This egg is very reflective, almost metallic looking." 

'Why does that description sound familiar?'

Refreshed. It's still there. 

'Eh it's probably common.'

Checks egg wiki. Screams

I temporarily forgot Incubate exists, lol. With the AP being almost-ER-timed for so long I just haven't had a need to use Incubate much lately, so when the new release happened and I was stuck with 5 high-timed eggs from trades I was frustrated. Turns out with Incubate they weren't *that* high-timed!

I got impatient in waiting for the five hour mark to get rid of a misclick egg and opted to have a vampire bite it in the hopes of it auto-abandoning. It was only after the bite failed and killed it that I realized if I had just waited another 30 minutes, I could have abandoned it and have been freed up...instead of locked for 24 hours with a dead egg

Since I am new it should only natural, but it's still rather embarrassing: 

1. Killing all my sick eggs since I didn't know thry could be cured. 

2. Breeding my dragons too early and forgetting I am already at my limit so i abandoned my first bred egg :(

5 hours ago, Dragacinegal said:

2. Breeding my dragons too early and forgetting I am already at my limit so i abandoned my first bred egg

If you want it back you can always rename your parents with your forum info and that youd like it back, most people are quite nice and will return it :) 

For me, I was supposed to keep 1 space free to buy a stat from the market, impulse picks an egg up and is now locked for a while XD Luckily one will hatch soon, I will just need to remember to get the stat before locking myself again. 

Hmph. I just got excited when I noticed I had got egg space just before I was going to bed, bred something common but very nice, and... it was auto-abandoned because I hadn't realized I'd still be locked with hatchies! Better luck next week.

Breeding for the second-to-last generation in a good-sized even-gen project, I forgot to use fertility before breeding. So of course, a refusal!

Switched up the pairs and will try again next week - WITH fertility this time!

(This happened earlier this week, not today)

Bred all of my Red Dragons while distracted - all eggs auto-abandoned. I'd put my eggs into hatcheries 1 hour early(4 days, instead of 3 day 23 hours), so they hadn't hatched yet and I was egglocked. Oh well, I'll pay more attention next time.

Edited by Serotina

Miss breed Aeon whit his "old" mate, for stairstep lineage, not the one for the checker. 

Edited by Alesita

On 10/5/2020 at 3:52 AM, catstaff said:

Breeding for the second-to-last generation in a good-sized even-gen project, I forgot to use fertility before breeding. So of course, a refusal!

Switched up the pairs and will try again next week - WITH fertility this time!

Yep, just done something similar.... I was breeding 3rd gens for a double vline project I'm doing, and forgot to use fertility on the first pair.  Aaand, you guessed it, they refused (how very dare they!😤)

At least I have another CB I can try again with next week - with fertility!

Edited by foreverlokied224

I just noticed that I named a 2G Mint kid of a female Fool's Mint  with male Aso wrong -_-'

While this sounds like nothing bad at first sight, it led to a mis-breeding as I bred it to a 2G Gold from female Fool's Mint and thus got this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/3LfpA

Okay, now the Mint-Aso has it's proper name, but now I miss both an Aso mate for the Mint as a Mint mate for the Gold XD

4 hours ago, Astreya said:

a Mint mate for the Gold

This one should be easy, once I have room. Aso may take a little longer depending on the RNG XD

I only just noticed yesterday that in grid sort, which the group manual sort uses, you can use CTRL to grab a whole bunch of tiles at once to move them! :lol: How did I never try this before?!

There was this one time when I was looking for an egg, and I mistook the Chicken egg description for a generic pygmy. I am so mad I didn't grab it! I was on the Dragon Cave wiki looking at egg descriptions when I realized what I just missed.

I've made a ton of breeding mistakes, too. I've accidentally bred dragons with dragons from the AP that already had lineages in the works (I even told myself I wasn't going to breed them until I could continue the lineage they had in mind). Now I check twice before I breed (took me a while to figure that out)!

The most stupid thing I've ever done here, that is still bothering me, was doing some Christmas breeding at night when I should have been sleeping, only one or two years ago. Of course I ended up breeding a CB dragon to its child...

Actually, that wasn't the worst one. You see, one Halloween I was experiencing some real life problems and all my new eggs ran out of time and died. There were two incredibly kind people here on the forums that helped me by gifting some of theirs and I felt so thankful but I couldn't get myself to reply them right away instead of just grabbing those gifts! It makes me feel terribly bad when I think about it, though of course I apologised them later and did my best to let them know how much their kindness meant to me.