wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

@Astreya

I can't even imagine. That's so many! I've been working on the hatchlings on and off between hiatuses for years now. Sometimes it feels like I'll never be done. XD

I don't think longterm goals are a stupid thing ^^

My stupid thing is, I tend to hop between projects which makes me sometimes forget one or two, so my scroll is full of unfinished businesses XD

Today's stupid thing was test-breeding a 2G Radiant Angel x Tan Ridgewing pair as I expected a Purple Ridgewing anyway (I still have to catch some dozen dragons of the new release), but of course I got a Tan Ridgewing, which I just can't drop. (If I'd drop it to the AP I would only get the next Tan Ridgewing after next year's Valentine's Day, I bet.)

Today's stupid thing was taking a hiatus. I used to play regularly but I've been pretty sporadic for about two years now, raising dragons and sorting them but not putting them in groups like I used to. I looked at my ungrouped dragons today and I have 613 of them. That's...so many. And I have to reacquaint myself with the group feature and how I set mine up and then I have to sort them within the groups. At least I use code names so I don't have to open each page individually but still. 613. Why was I gone so long? Why did I not do scroll maintenance?

Bought a Bauta to breed with my Blancblack so I could get the new hybrid... I made sure to influence it so there would be no chance of it misgendering. Today, of course, I realized I used a male Pink to influence it, and my only Blancblack is male as well...

46 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

Bought a Bauta to breed with my Blancblack so I could get the new hybrid... I made sure to influence it so there would be no chance of it misgendering. Today, of course, I realized I used a male Pink to influence it, and my only Blancblack is male as well...

If it's still an egg you can trade it to someone and have them give it back. That wipes out the influence and you can re-influence to be female. 

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@Chaosdawn It seems to be a Market egg, which cannot be teleported.

Ooh, that's too bad. =(

5:02 AM - make a trade asking for a 2G hybrid egg.

5:09 AM - been refreshing a while, but there are no offers yet, this must not be the right time of day to make these, back to focussing on work.

5:11 AM - one offer.

5:11 AM - another offer (although not what I was asking).

5:13 AM - the first person's cancelled their old offer and now enthusiastically offers me two eggs.

5:15 AM - another offer comes in.

5:16 AM - and another.

5:27 AM - pinkgothic finally checks vis trade again. omg no! now I have all these people offering me eggs and I can't give all of them my hatchling. v_v *accepts one and withdraws under table in shame*

I'm always embarrassed when that happens. I hope the other people managed to trade their 2Gs for something else that they liked. ❤️

Edited by pinkgothic

I know the feeling @pinkgothic! The other day I posted a trade that didn't get any offers for awhile, I took a nap, woke up to four offers! I always feel guilty about that, I mean logically I have no reason to be but I just wish I could say yes to all the offers.

On 5/30/2020 at 4:05 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

My stupid thing is, I tend to hop between projects which makes me sometimes forget one or two, so my scroll is full of unfinished businesses XD

*guiltily glances at long-abandoned lyrical lineage* And hundreds of unnamed/ungrouped. And I haven't updated my spreadsheet in well over a year so I actually have no clue which breeds I still need. I also totally forgot to get my 3rd Desert-dragon for the raffle, still need to do that, oops. 

On 6/22/2020 at 7:06 AM, Alphaeon said:

ouch...that’s such a pretty lineage too!

Yeah, still face-palming over it.  Luckily I can try again, but watch them be stubborn as that was the very first breeding! :lol:

i'm not very knowledgeable on the funny digital dragon game, but i think i can nominate "every single name i've given my dragons, ever" as stupid things i've done on DC. ever since i learned that DC has a similar naming system to race horses, it's the thing i look forward to most: making the most inane, unique names as possible. my queerplatonic partner, depending on your definition, either helps me or enables me with this too! they named everyone here except 4G LTE

unknown.png

the only time i don't abide by this rule is when i genuinely have a cool name i want to use OR if i got the dragon for free (in that case, i try to abide by the line's naming theme. while still being stupid. thus 4G LTE)

the second stupidest thing i'm doing is finding every yellow, gold, or beige-colored dragon and holding it in my hands. you'll never guess what my favorite color is

Was doing some test breeding with new mates and meant to breed this bolt to this cavern lurker. I even used fertility on him so they wouldn't refuse. But instead I accidentally bred him to this other cavern lurker with a completely different lineage. Oh well. Hope the AP hunters enjoy some very pretty holidaykin this weekend...and one ugly one XD

hi i'm back really early, i get attached very quickly to things but. i was planning on getting a hellfire wyvern to get a hellhorse, right? so, i was able to snag one from the abandoned pile, and i just noticed that their code (T0ifU) is REALLY cool (to me).

and then i remembered that i was planning on trading them if they weren't male (because i only have a female horse dragon). whoops! i love stupid names too much to live

Offered REALLY good stuff - TWO beautiful things - on completely the wrong trade. Snapped up, naturally. Resulting rubbish dumped to the AP.... :(

Saw a flow, clicked to another biome because it wasn't a xeno, came back, still there, click immediately, obviously taken by someone else. Why do I do this so often with silvers, golds, and now flows?!

Edited by blockEdragon

Accidentally AP'd the 2G PB Black Alt I just traded for... thought I was in the Precog menu still and wasn't paying enough attention. Oh well, wasn't one of my important lines at least :'D Hope the new owner enjoys it!

Edited by Taginix

Taking a 5-year hiatus …

Forgetting to leave a slot or two free for breeding when catching  in the cave...

Using up all my incubates in one go...

I'm making plans for the holidays because I always get started on that too late. The list of stuff I need for Christmas lineages is reasonably sized, about 45 dragons. I probably won't be able to find everything on it but it's possible. I've raised that many in one season before. The Valentine list isn't done yet but will probably be approximately the same size. The Halloween one has 84 dragons on it. How is that. What. There's no way. That's so many, it's impossible. Why was Past Amberfly so bad at planning??

5 hours ago, Amberfly said:

I'm making plans for the holidays because I always get started on that too late. The list of stuff I need for Christmas lineages is reasonably sized, about 45 dragons. I probably won't be able to find everything on it but it's possible. I've raised that many in one season before. The Valentine list isn't done yet but will probably be approximately the same size. The Halloween one has 84 dragons on it. How is that. What. There's no way. That's so many, it's impossible. Why was Past Amberfly so bad at planning??

Oh man, totally know how that feels. I've collected the vast majority of all my holidays in the past 3 years or so, I was *stunned* to see just how little I'd collected before that!

Haven't yet decided if this is a stupid thing or not, but I seem to be accidentally hoarding the new Xenos? And some old ones too, feel bad for them just sitting in the AP. Between Xenos and Aqualises as well as my Amalthean project I've kind of completely left behind my '20 of each breed' goal in favor of just hoarding pretties. Oops?