wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

95% of my dragons have really stupid/dumb scroll names but I keep them. Even though I'm not really active on the game I like to from time to time breed some dragons and drop them in the AP as free gifts so people can have a chuckle over the silly names that I give my dragons, and some of them could potentially make for interesting lineages?

One example of a weird dragon I have is "Orange Pretzel Gnome" the Arcana. And... this is barely scraping the surface.

Quitting for 8 years...

And apparently getting rid of every one of the early years dragons I know I had at one time (Blacks, whites, purples, etc)?? What was wrong with me T_T At least I still have my chicken. 

19 minutes ago, FoxiRoxi said:

And apparently getting rid of every one of the early years dragons I know I had at one time (Blacks, whites, purples, etc)?? What was wrong with me T_T At least I still have my chicken. 

Oh man that sucks. Hopefully you can get good dragons now to replace those. 

(Long time ago I did a 'culling' of my dragons, released at least 50 dragons, of course majorly regret it now. Especially because I have screenshots of my scroll from before, so I know exactly what dragons I stupidly released.)

Gave a dragon from my even gen project the wrong name, which led to breeding him to the wrong mate... and then I forgot to rename him and bred him to the same wrong mate AGAIN. 🤪

Back when I was probably in my tweens (boy do I feel old) I abused the naming feature resulting in me losing my ability to name my dragons which sucks now as I would really love to get a theme going for my lineages. I don't think there's any appeal process to this, is there? If so, I have tons of ideas.

Before, in 2015 when I first played... a lot of my dragons were named things after my then-hyperfixations, which included kpop and LOTR. a lot of the LOTR-elf inspired names were actually quite nice so I've kept them, but coming back after five years and seeing that your dragons are named things like "The Mighty Park Chanyeol" and "moonglimmershinechild" is a bit jarring.

Also I once abandoned a green CB firegem (one of my fav. breeds). It has haunted me since.

If I listed all of the stupid things I did on DragonCave I would have to write an encyclopedia, but probably up there with the stupidest ones were accidentally freezing beautiful hatchies that I wanted to hide. And once they are frozen, that's it. No way to thaw them out.

Copied the wrong text in my trade XD Within a couple minutes I got several offers on one of my Rares, only to find out it's "asking" for smth of much lesser rarity, lol. Oops, sry.

A while back I accidentally let a wonderful 3G Tinsel gender incorrectly. I'm still kicking myself for that one 😔

Oh- scratch that. The dumbest thing I've done was give myself this username. I was edgy and really into Pokemon at the time.

Edited by Blood_Lugia

The new release has made me really click-happy, so I keep picking up things that aren't actually new eggs from the alpine and volcano. :rolleyes:

Finally bred a Kyanite egg from Kyanite x Glowback pair and auto-abandoned it due to being egglocked -_-

A bit confused but somehow got the wrong egg from the volcano biome. Maybe I misclicked, idk XD 

I was on mobile, waited the 5 min refresh to pick up a new cozy egg. Clicked it and the page lagged, maybe it somehow refreshed instead? It already loaded by this point, it only went weird when I clicked the egg. Idk, because I definitely didnt click the wrong egg, I did it twice thinking the phone didnt register it, somehow ended up with a red! I was wondering where my cozy one was XD I didnt get him tho, never mind a red is fine by me. 

Honestly, I don't know where this anecdote should be put. But I wanted to share it: So I'm still trying to get neglected dragon, but have the tendency to forget to put my eggs in hatcheries when they are about to die. Seeing all the eggs shells in my scroll most have concern someone since my eggs were gettings views. While I was checking where hatcheries my eggs were put, I notice the news released! So. Thanks random(s) user(s) xD

Edited by Nightmon
typo

Traded a CB word coded Aeon and a CB Thalassa for a 3G SAkin that I didn't have, and then promptly proceeded to abandon the egg. 🙄

I had two Ash hatchlings on my scroll.

I froze the one with the cool code (which I had carefully Influenced and Incubated, because I had a mate waiting) instead of the random one I had caught specifically to freeze.  D'OH!!

I'm still smacking myself for that one.  I desperately hope that one day we will get an option to "un-freeze" hatchlings!  Even if it's only one hatchling per year, or the hatchie has to have been on your scroll for 12 months, or... anything. That will be the very first hatchie I use it on, so I can finally reverse my stupidity!

My mouse double-clicked, resulting in me buying 2 Ash eggs instead of 1 from the market and losing an extra 100 shards... At least one has a nice code, but still.

Me a few minutes ago:
"Oh look a chicken! Nahh, trying for a copper right now, it's not like I collect chickens. *goes to other biomes and then back* Wow actually still there! Whatever. *proceeds to go elsewhere*"
By the time I realized I could possibly have traded it for a copper or even gift it away to make someones day great it was gone obviously. xD Like it must have been sitting there for a good minute and I know and still manage to miss it? Good times. ^^

Edited by Reykur

Accidentally influenced ALL my blue Xols female instead of 4 female/4 male.

Luckyly I realized it before they grew up so now I have some hours left to try and trade them before I abandon them and hunt for new eggs lol.

Accidentally influenced ALL my blue Xols female instead of 4 female/4 male.

Luckyly I realized it before they grew up so now I have some hours left to try and trade them before I abandon them and hunt for new eggs lol.

@sorenna I have done that too many times! I've learned to name the hatchie some variation of 'DO NOT FREEZE' if it's important, especially if I have others of the same breed that I do want to freeze. 

@Reykur I do that a lot with Zyus, even though I've been pretty successful trading them, the only thing that enters my mind at that moment is me not needing more myself. 

I have missed entirely too many AP eggs in the past few days because of my own lack of precision-clicking. See something I want, wildly click all *around* the egg, finally click it properly, it's gone. I basically sabatoge myself, my automatic 'get it first get it first!!' excitement is what leads to me not getting it. (I've even had that same scenario but just given up before properly clicking it, knowing it's already long gone.)

Just abandoned a little Xenowyrm pyro egg to free up an egg slot, not realizing two of the new eggs are hybrids and will be easy to obtain anytime. Stupid of me, hope it finds a good home.

Edited by TGL1983

I love how I take a break from DC and I come back to 20~ Breeds I now need to hunt down and collect. I really need to stop disappearing. *eye twitch*

I decide to set scroll goals for myself for the first time ever. Nice modest goals of 5 CB males and 5 CB females of each species for which that is possible, 5 male and 5 female nice lineaged hybrids, plus some smaller goals for unbreedables and such. I did a dragon census on my 2-3k adult dragons, which took two days. I made a spreadsheet. I taught myself to write equations so Excel would do my math for me because Sheets was being annoying, and that took another day. The only breeds for which I already had all the necessary dragons are water horses, trihorns, reds, guardians, antareans, dinos, and things with a hard scroll limit like GoN and holidays. If I didn't make any mistakes when I entered the data, I need to raise, create, or trade for 1,397 dragons. And that's just adults. Frozen hatchlings have their own list. I don't have an exact total for that one but it's about 100-200 hatchlings. I have no one to blame but myself, but what have I gotten myself into?

@Amberfly

Sounds a bit like me deciding to stock up my Scroll goal from 4 CB pairs of each normal dragon to 8 CB pairs about a year ago or so... XD