St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

c: I had to think of a name for my character on FlyFF like...9 years ago.

Smushed together some pretty sounds and Lonin popped out.

A tesla is a unit of magnetic flux density, named for Nicolai Tesla. It is also a relatively common Croatian surname.

(the "kana" bit is optional) xd.png

Long, LONG ago I became a CB (citizens band) radio operator and had to choose a name for myself. As I was Canadian born and many of my geographically-challenged friends called me 'Yukon", I thought first of that name. But it didn't 'flow' if you know what I mean. Maybe 'Yukon King'? Still didn't flow. Wait a minute, Yukon King was a dog in an old B/W TV show. What kind of dog? Why, a husky.... and so I became "Husky".

Later on when I had to find a user name I again tried 'Husky', but it had already been taken so I ended up as "Husky5" Again, a bit later, it got changed to 'Husky51'. I usually just go by Husky...

The LONG ago was in 1969... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Husky51

Mine's a fancied version of the name of a character from one of my stories. Originally I wanted to use it for the title of a website, but the whole thing failed miserably. Instead, the name just stuck with me and became what I go by on the net. Using it for a while now.. about 4 years?

I used to like Bakugan, and the first one I ever got was Blade Tigrerra. I thought it was Tigerra, (and missed the Blade part,) and added a random number. Hence, tigerra79.

My forum and Dragcave usernames are both names of monsters from Dragon Island Blue which is indirectly responsible for how I came across Dragcave in the first place

I was on snopes one day and i was looking at viruses on the internet.One of them was named Klez,i thought the name was cool and,this is why i'm named Klez! xd.png

Husky was my old CB radio name way back in 1969. When I went online, it was already taken so I added the number 5 to denote the number in my family (Dad, Mom and my three kids). Somewhere along the way a forum I belonged to added a 'tail' as they called it and I then became Husky51...

didn'r realize that I had already posted in this thread... in August 2012...

That was only 6 posts above this one!!!

slow thread, lol...

laugh.gif

Edited by Husky51

I feel really stupid saying this, but 'goldL' was my webkinz username was I was younger. Just some username I pulled together since the first animal I used on webkinz was a golden leopard... The name is so old but I wouldn't change it for the world...it brings back many good memories. smile.gif

Edited by goldL

Mine is the the name of my wolf on KeyQuest. My username on my scroll is both the name of my most favorite CS pet an my username on there.

I needed a name for a website, randomly decided to use the name of the book I was reading at the moment. Decided that it sounded awesome, and it's unused on most sites so I stick with it. For the curious: the book was written by Patricia Cornwell and it's part of her Kay Scarpetta series.

Yuumei is one of my back up nicks if yuki is already taken. xd.png Though, I use many different nicks for sites. tongue.gif

Yuumei is Japanese for light and darkness. Oh, before people ask... No, I am not the yuumei on DeviantArt.

My name is from the silly computer game Spore - that I haven't played in years xd.png. The 'Grox' are a race of the main bad guys in the game, and will attack you at every moment, unless you befriend them tongue.gif. Sums me up really tongue.gif.

I used that name on a Spore fan site forum that I was moderator on, and it kind of stuck. xd.png

Although, my scroll name is 'TheGrox' because someone had already stolen the name Grox before me. ninja.gif

Edited by TheGrox

Well, I'm a huge warriors fan, and my warrior name, Stormsong, came from a long time ago when I started reading the books. That and I ama lover of the umm, violent cleansing of storms, I have listened to their song. wink.gif

Mine comes from a wOlf name I go by, I used to go by StarWolf1010, but now it's raven. The 1010 is from my Xbox gamertag. As when I made that, I was ten, and it was the year 2010.

hmm my name was so nicely gifted to me honesty. My cusion made a dragcave account and a forum name. oddly enough they only show up every so often on game but they gave me the account here.

The name KuroYukia means dark or black and yukia means demon in japanese so apprently my cuz decided i am a dark demon LOL Yukia is a male demon and I'm female so go figure

my account name is Artemiswolverine which is a role playing name i used smile.gif

Bunny comes from my love of bunnies (even though i like cats better) and Chi is the name of a character in Chobits, an anime i was watching at the time. I thought it went cute together, Bunnychi.

My real name pretty much comes from a symbol of honour and victory. but my mom said she named me it because that was her best friend's name before she came to the U.S. smile.gif

Edited by Bunnychi

My name was adopted from the R.A. Salvatore book 'Starless Night'. I am a huge fan of his Drizzt series and have been since I borrowed the first book "The Crystal Shard" from my father when I was fourteen. I use the alias 'Starlessnight' for just about everything I can.

Edited by Starlessnight

I was signing up for some mmorpg (can't remember which) and every name I would come up with ended up being taken. Tired of all the failed attempts, I decided to just take the first letter of my first name and make something that at least sounds like it could be a name.

Typhik was available and I've been using it for places ever since. If it's taken, I'll use a variant.

When I was 12, I started making human characters, and started with a male (Rian) and a female (Leyne, pronounced "Layne"). Later on I kind of got interested in Kingdom Hearts, and Leyne became Xylene, and then the 'original name' got changed to 'Elyne' (Pronounced "Ell-een"). Around 16 I joined Dragon Cave, and since I didn't have any female characters, I figured Xylene would be good enough.

And then it just so happens that Xylene is a chemical.

I tend to use Xylene as a username on pet-related sites. The male character, Rian (Xanri, now), is my username on writing-related sites.

KaelaBoo is a nickname my parents gave me. If anybody except them calls me by that I'll kick them. dry.gif Add my favorite number which is 24 and then there you have it.

Before I go any further, my name is not from WoW. When I was visiting a zoo for a research paper, I stopped by the North American Birds section. Most were grouped by habitat (desert, tundra ect.), but the large raptors were put in their own section. The snowy owl happened to be put next to the mourning dove and the zookeepers didn't give the birds very creative names. I made a typo while writing and strung the names together. Thus, frostmourne.