St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

When registering at a German fantasy forum some years ago I wanted to have a German nick that fits the fantasy genre instead of the random english username that I had used in forums before.

As I somehow had grown fond of the bardes in some fantasy books and always had enjoyed writing stories I came up with "Bardin".

Somehow that username seemed to fit perfectly and ever since that time I used "Bardin" or english "Bardess" as a nick and occasionally variations of it if the nick was already taken.

I have no idea laugh.gif

I don't know if I was depressed or something at the time. This was the first forum I ever joined online and I was tired of being the nice one that gets taken advantage of in real life. I guess I just wanted to scare people off, or weird them out at the very least sad.gif

My name is the name of one of my characters that represents me.

Kenome Oroichi MoMoshima is her full name.

Um...

Idk what Kenome means, Oroichi means snake one, and MoMoshima means peach island. xd.png

She's actually a Naruto OC.

//flails

Yes I'm a nerd.

Edited by Kenomechan

kenome: Eyes only

that's what I get for the kanji's ke-no-me tongue.gif

kenome: Eyes only

that's what I get for the kanji's ke-no-me tongue.gif

Awesome!

Thanks, love!

I was reading the manga Eureka 7 last summer, and I rather liked it, although it wasn't all that impressive... In any case, the female protagonist's name, "Eureka", really stuck in my mind, so I started using it as my username. It's definitely better than some other nicks I've got, like "PeaSoup"... *facepalm*

Edited by EureKa

It's my RL nickname (well, that's sharky, family inside joke, buy my name has a c not an s so why should my nick?) and then I added a Draco to make it DC-relevant, but it's kinda stuck tongue.gif

I suppose I took mine from a friend who was obsessed with frogs in primary school and we called her "The Frog" and this is how it turned out...

Well. I have a wolf as my main character (in my avvie) called Sinister, and I have quite an evil nature, so I made my character this evil freak of nature. From there I made Sinister by Nature my user. On other sites though I have other similar things like: Sinister, Sinister Wolf, Naturaly Sinister etc.

zerohundred

"zero cool" from the movie "hacker" + originality + contradiction

^

zero, or zerohundred???

Pretty unorginal really, I'm into rock music, not as much as I was when it was all about the hair and make up (80s) but still am quite a fan. Plus I can't think up original usernames.

Yeah, mine is a little hard to explain. x'D

When I signed in on a Dutch Warrior Cats rp for the first time, my name was Mousefur (from the books called Warrior Cats :3). I saw the forum grow, and getting more members. Now it is rather populair in the Dutch rp forums. Because I signed up so early, almost everyone knew me. People even started calling me "Mouseh", and only a few people called me by my real name (Maartje). Well, maybe that's not so important though (': . I accually loved that name, so my username on many forums/sites is now Mouzeh. (I changed the 's' by a 'z', because that sounds awesomer >D).

Perhaps you really didn't understand this, I'm sorry for my baaadd English xd.png

Yeah, mine is a little hard to explain. x'D

When I signed in on a Dutch Warrior Cats rp for the first time, my name was Mousefur (from the books called Warrior Cats :3). I saw the forum grow, and getting more members. Now it is rather populair in the Dutch rp forums. Because I signed up so early, almost everyone knew me. People even started calling me "Mouseh", and only a few people called me by my real name (Maartje). Well, maybe that's not so important though (': . I accually loved that name, so my username on many forums/sites is now Mouzeh. (I changed the 's' by a 'z', because that sounds awesomer >D).

Perhaps you really didn't understand this, I'm sorry for my baaadd English xd.png

Aw, I love Mousefur. She was ancient though. tongue.gif

Let's see. My name came from MapleStory, where I had a friend with the name LoveCosmic. Stole the Cosmic part ;3;

My scroll name, glitterleaf, came from when I was around six ish, and a leaf flew in my room through my window and landed on a can of glitter. biggrin.gif

My username was created about five years ago. My best friend at the time introduced me to an online site and she told me to pick a username. The number was easy because I was 14 at the time and me being as uncreative as I usually am I tried to pick a name similar to hers. (her username was windgodess82) so I tried to pick icegodess14 or watergodess14 which of course made her angry and she told me to pick a different name. I sat there and thought about it for a few minutes, I remember thinking of icewater14, coldwater14, and ice14 but they didnt sound right. Then the word frozenwater popped into my head and I liked it. It's been my username for a lot of sites since. ^-^

Edited by frozenwater14

Mine came from a school project when I was 12. We had to create our own country complete with map, stats, flag etc. The name of mine was Azaria, just because I liked the sound. I even invented a written code for it..

Nimbus i the name of a dragon I drew, and JadeEyes is the name of a dragon my sister plays as in a video game.

First things we thought of when registering. tongue.gif

Nimbus is a big Snow Dragon, and JadeEyes is a deep green forest dragon. tongue.gif

I ran across one of those silly little online widgets a few years ago, where you type in your real name and get the 'definition.' The definition of my first name wound up being 'full of bees,' and I've been using it as an occasional user name since.

I'm a fan of the quote "not all who wander are lost".... and in my life I've wandered about the nation (US) frequently. I also I tend to be very inquisitive and curious - I think about things a lot. Too much, really. :-)

Thus: wonderwanders. It started out as a name used for my blog/online chat name but also made a good email name and dragcave name.

My most common username is Aquenee, followed by Merkauna. Krenoza and some form of Vexen show up equally.

Aquenee - A name randomly generated from WoW when I was.. maybe six. xd.png Technically the generated name was Aquanee, but I changed one vowel, and it has stuck since.

Merkauna - The name of a Space Dragon in one of my own stories, made about four to five years ago. Krenoza's just the same, except he's a Paradox Dragon.

Vexen - Also my nickname due to my favorite character from Kingdom Hearts, and the creepy awesomeness in my avvie.

My forum username deals with X-Men First Class. At least the Lehnsherr part does since I LOVE Michael Fassbender and he played Erik Lehnsherr. As for my scroll name I'm really big into the different gods of myth. That and a friend of mine told me that lightningsqueen just fit.

I was thinking up a username for a website (I was roughly about 9 or 10, don't judge) and being not very original I used my name. I added the fish bit because I have a fish tank right next to me whilst on the computer and the 89 originated from my birth date backwards (born in '98 for those who want to know).

Another nickname I go by is Sengeffie, the Senge bit is the beginning letter of my name and was generated randomly, the ff bit represents the double f in toffee as I love it and the ie was stolen from the end for Lagie's name.

I also go by Toffee and shara21099, shara21099 is my minecraft account I got off a friend. Long post is long.

I was thinking up a username for a website (I was roughly about 9 or 10, don't judge) and being not very original I used my name. I added the fish bit because I have a fish tank right next to me whilst on the computer and the 89 originated from my birth date backwards (born in '98 for those who want to know).

Another nickname I go by is Sengeffie, the Senge bit is the beginning letter of my name and was generated randomly, the ff bit represents the double f in toffee as I love it and the ie was stolen from the end for Lagie's name.

I also go by Toffee and shara21099, shara21099 is my minecraft account I got off a friend. Long post is long.

Aww. Thanks! wub.gif

In grade nine a friend nicknamed me Laggy from my then initials of LAG. I wasn't that fond of y's so I changed the spelling to Lagie and have used it ever since as a nickname, and then when the internet came along as a forum/user name.

My forum/scroll name comes from an anime that I love called Soul Eater.

My RL name means "the narrows; a wood or a church." in Gaelic but how I got the name Kyle was my mom loved the old movie "V" and there was a hot guy on there named Kyle so she named me after him... (O.O)

It's a longer form of my gmail biggrin.gif and in one way or another I use it almost everywhere on the net (mostly I just take away 'thewolf' part and add a number to the name).