St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

It's from the book Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire, in which I believe the word only appears once.

It's been my online identity since c. 2006. It used to be that if you googled it, you'd get mostly serious fan forums about the book. Now you get mostly me, a few references to the book, and, regrettably, it has become an Urban Dictionary listing due to Ke$ha's song "Tik Tok".

On the plus side, people usually abbreviate it to "tiktok" now, instead of "tiki" etc. like I used to get.

I've used grrl ever since I started online, about 15 years ago, girl with a little grr, and also spelled grrrl for a little more growl. I have owned a number of bearded dragons, so dragongrrl is the natural evolution of my identity.

And for those who fear the growl, that's the limit of my ferocity. I never bite! When my child was little, Growl Bear was one of the books I read at least a hundred times. Growl Bear, along with Maurice Sendak's Little Bear, are a dear family friends. wub.gif

Unforgotten is the name of a song I wrote once, long ago, about a girl who thinks no one remembers or thinks about her, so she keeps doing bigger and bigger things, never thinking herself important, until someone shows her that she's been unforgettable all along.. 13 is my favorite number.

Edited by unforgotten13

Mine is just a part of my real name (not creative at all xd.png)

I took my nickname kuroku and used kuro for black

tamamo no mae was a legendary 9 tailed fox

as I usually draw kyuubi with black fur and my name meaning black i put them together to make Black Tamamo no Mae

Mine originated from my Youtube username, and has become my internet identity along with Needlefur, Candy Sweetstar, and Viridian (abbreviated to Vir sometimes, for no reason.) "Candy" was a nickname for me in a group of friends (and still is) and cats are one of my favorite animals. 11 represented the age that I started my youtube account, 5 represented how many subscribers I had on my old abandoned account, and 2 showed that this was my second try. I mashed it all up and made Candythekitty1152, and that's my username's origin! biggrin.gif

Originally I was Dinogirl as a little kid, because I was obsessed with dinosaurs [i still am~] and eventually it just became Dragongirl because I had mixed feelings for both ;v;

Zoey101 was a show I used to watch -- so 101. And 88, I have no clue. I like the number 8 I suppose?

My real life name... it was the name of a lamb my dad used to own [his dad owned a farm].

;3; I feel special.

Edited by DragonGirl10188

Doctortear was actually a name I came up with while I was trying to make a character name for Maplestory. I was trying to create a character, but no matter what I put down, a message box would pop up telling me the name was taken. I had taken the liberty of researching the special class I was trying to play as. It was one of those hero classes where the character you play as already has a name. Coincidentally, the character's preset name was Tear. Knowing this, I tried putting words before Tear to try and see they would work. Workertear, Dogtear, and etc. Finally, after a while, I decided to put "Doctor" in front of tear as I had done so with a different character. I keyed in "Doctortear" and it worked after fifty failed tries. I suppose the name stuck with me, since I used it as my default username for about a year now.

Edited by Doctortear

Well my original username was suppose to be just "Blight" mainly because I loved the D&D Black dragons and one of the names was that. Decided to add on to it. One of my first dragons on DC was a Hellfire Wyvern so I decided that BlightWyvern would be perfect. So then it became the joke "All hail the lord and master BlightWyvern"

Edited by BlightWyvern

Odeen is the name of a character from the Isaac Asimov book, The Gods Themselves, who was noted for being exceptionally intelligent and intuitive compared to his peers (as were the other two partners in his triad, Dua and Tritt). It's also a transliteration of the Russian word for the number 1 - один.

I really like green and Rai is a nickname of mine so yeah, my name was born. I'm usually known as Rai though, but I don't mind being called Midori.

As for my real name, it means pretty and peaceful in Chinese.

All my usual usernames where taken when registering for Steam so I just came up with the most randomest name ever.

Edited by BeardedKumquat

I made it up. The name is completely original to my Original character, and you can stalk me with google. Have fun!

From a project in intermediate (middle school). We had to invent a country and do all sorts of stuff around it. I called mine Azaria, even made up a different alphabet for it (which I still use when I want to write anything I don't want others to see). smile.gif

It's a really long story.

So, in fourth grade, my best friends and I had been obsessed with Warriors for two years. We made a Clan called SkyClan (the one in the books didn't exist yet). I was called Riverpelt, and when our 'leader' Daisystar moved to a new school, she named me deputy, and then I was Riverstar. I made it my dA username (I've changed it since), and then when I found this I made it my name. Taa-daa.

Was watching a cirque de soleil show and loved the acrobatic displays. Then I needed a username so I decided on lithe, but someone else had it. So I switched the I for a Y.

My friend gave me this username back in high school and it just stuck. I've been using it for everything afterwards even though it started with just a silly RP about Inuyasha. Lol.

Technically the name should be just Kaoto Susanao. No underscore, no numbers but back when I was new to DC I thought my scroll and forum name had to be different so in came the numbers.

Edited by Kaoto_Susanao235

My username comes from the age of 13. Back then I used to run quietly and jump on the others' back to scare them and because I was quiet and fast they called me "shadow" in greek, but I turned it to English to be recognizable. "Grr" comes because I used to be an aggresive person (now I'm calm, my psychiatrist can confirm that too tongue.gif ).

My real name is an ancient greek one from the mythology, but my parents named me this way because of this song (

). Anyway it litteraly translated like cloud or nimbus.