St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

My forum name is the same as my scroll (D1G1T1Z3). It's also my username on dA. I don't know why I chose it, but I liked it, so I went with it. My nickname (Foxxy) has been around with me for nigh on four years now, and replaced my old name (Nighty) on the Warrior Cat Forums. I've had other nicknames, but Foxxy's the one that stuck. ^w^

Techno_Elf is actually my friend's username her sister gave her. I couldn't think of one, and this just popped into my head. ^^;

pinkgothic:

I'm a long-running fan of Apollo Four Forty, and Noko used to have a homepage with a pink, gothic headline. I was fooling around in the @440 fandom with a fake religion at the time (not in the least meant seriously, obviously) and so I declared his title to be Pink Goth The First, and me, as the magistra of the faith and all that, Pink Goth The Second. That translated into pinkgoth2 as a handle, and eventually I got fed up with that people kept calling me 'pinkgoth' without the 2 (the 2 was important, dagnabbit!), so I became an adjective instead. happy.gif

It happens to double nicely as a philosophy:

I'm enamoured with the morbid, but (I think) a very positive person.

It's long since lost its original connotations for me (mostly because @440 so rarely make music as a group any more and my contact with Noko has petered out because I'm objectively terrible at staying in touch), to the point where it takes conscious effort to remember its roots.

Neike Taika-Tessaro (pseudonym):

My real name is rather strong related to Christian religion, which, while not offensive to me in the least, just isn't descriptive, since I'm much more carnal than spiritual. So I crafted myself a pseudonym a long time ago that was Neike Apollyon Satana (my real life first name is 'Meike'; where the 'N' is from and where the 'Apollyon' is from you can probably guess *g*), but was never entirely happy with it, since it (again, inaccurately) gave the impression that I had something against religion and was expressing that in a kneejerk way. Sadly, I was never good with names, though, so it took much longer than it should have to polish it.

Taika-Tessaro comes from a character I made for roleplay: Ciaran Taika-Tessaro, which in turn is a tongue-in-cheek pseudonym of his own that he'll happily 'translate' as 'Black Magic-Weaver'. I liked that enough that I decided to steal it and solve the issues I had with my first pseudonym that way. (I suppose you could say my name is Neike Magic-Weaver now.)

Dread (IRC moniker):

Taken from Tad Williams' Otherland series, Dread was a very... sunny villain; quite possibly the first I ever encountered that neither registered as 'mad, cackling and insane' nor 'really just an insecure jerk' to me. He just genuinely enjoyed being sadistic. I like well-crafted villains.

I borrowed the name for a character in Wildcard (my cyberpunk freeform IRC RPG) back in 2001 or thereabouts, and playing him meant I used the name on IRC. People started calling me 'Dread' and then it just stuck. Now it's the name I'm on most frequently. Given my GMing style, I suppose it fits. happy.gif

(Ironically, the people in my channel who've read both Otherland and played Wildcard insist that my Dread is a much better villain. I'll take the flattery, but I'm not so sure. laugh.gif (Though in the current incarnation of Wildcard he's not very villainy, owing to that I can't use him to harass the player characters, since some setting mechanics changed radically. Sadness.))

Edited by pinkgothic

Both my forum name, and scroll name are the same, and come from how I am known in the Sims 1-3 world, as a recolor artist.

River, because I am a water element person, and willow, because I love willow trees for both physical and spiritual qualities.

My forum name comes from the TV Show Friends. "Monana" is Monica's name in the episode "The One with the Fake Monica".

Mine is pretty simple, I just combined 2 of the things I love the most, cats and fire (types), and the x is just part of the X3 face

Hmm I'm not quite sure since I created this username a few years ago... I think it was I was watching Sleeping Beauty and became obsessed with it. The Princess' name is Aurora. I tried to enter my username as "Aurora" but as you imagine, it was taken. I then put the 'in' at the end because then it's a combination of 'aurora' and rain'. They're both beautiful things and sound very peaceful together so I still like it biggrin.gif

My forum name is a character from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Or Ocarina of Time....), The Happy Mask Salesman to be exact, but since I am female, I changed it a bit.... (I am not that creative...)

AND My scroll name, TheCrystalDragon24, is because I have an OC dragon with wings made of crystals and 24 is my favorite number

My scroll name, PKBlackTornado, is back from my EarthBound days on starmen.net. I think I tried just PKTornado but it was taken, so I stuck black in there because I was ~edgy~. It stuck.

Mima is a Touhou character who I roleplayed. That's become my nickname.

Mine comes from the Dragonlance setting.

Takhesis is one of Krynn's deities. In fact she's the main Antagonist. Chaotic Evil alignment is so fun to play with....

One of her many titles suits the dragon theme. The Five-Headed Dragon of All Colours and of None smile.gif

And to make it even more suitable for DC: Takhesis is the Queen of all Evil Dragons.

[Dragon alignments being colour coded for your convenience. Good = metallic dragons and Evil = chromatic dragons]

My forum name is actually both my pseudonym and the name of a character I designed to represent me in some of the stories I write. (She's not in every story, that would ruin the plot of most of them, but there are certain stories where I felt like exploring a "What would I do in this situation?" type of thing, so I introduced Caesin.) As for where the name comes from...

Back in high school, freshmen year to be exact, our English teacher had us come up with pseudonyms we would actually use if we became writers. I had just started to get really into dragons again at that point, and I had picked up a book titled "A Practical Guide to Dragon Riding." I was infatuated with the silly thing xd.png It contained a very small sample of the Draconic language, and two of the words were "Forest" and "Song." I like to walk in the woods...Presto! Caesin Miirik was born laugh.gif So if you hear someone say "Run Caesin! Run!" feel free to snicker.

The book is actually also the reason all of my dragons are now named in Draconic. I needed original names, and what could be more original than an obscure language from (I think) a game or a book? I was originally going to go with a space theme...but yeah, everything nebula was taken before the Nebula Dragons even came out. xd.png

My scroll name comes from another book I was absolutely in love with at the time called The Black Gryphon. Gryphons in this book were griffins, half feline half avian. (Gryphon, according to Google, is another term for hunting dog, as I later learned. dry.gif Oops.) I was trying to be funny, so I went with gryphonluver34 to kind of give a nod to how much I liked the book series. The 34 has become a running numeral after I ended up as dragonluver34 on another site where dragonluver was already taken and the first numbers to pop into my head were a 3 and a 4. It stuck. xd.png I have a lot of names around the internet, but they're usually one of the three mentioned here. I've lost my creative streak for now, it seems.

For some strange reason I decided to start writing a fantasy novel when I was around 13... It did not get very far, apart from some characters and a concept I doubt I even finished the first chapter, but I named the main character Meymo and I've used it on most sites ever since. The name was created by combining sounds I like, I think... It was so long ago.

Many years ago I tried to register soupdragon as a forum name ( from the TV program The Clangers). It was already taken so I just turned it around and used dragonsoup instead.

Onyx is a nickname I have in real life. I put OnyxKitteh because Onyx was already taken. Also, onyx is used to describe something jet black, which is one of my many favorite colours. Onyx is also some type of stone or whatever.

I put kitteh at the end because I love kitties!^-^

I was thinking of a name that sounded both feminine and masculine that wasn't used commonly.

Thus, Jass was born.

Lore_Master was actually a homebrew class for DnD 3.5. I just liked the idea for the class, thus the name stuck with me.

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete for the original PlayStation(remade from Sega CD). A game which I think most people forgot D: Nall was a white cat like dragon in that game, and I guess I always kind of liked him :3 and I thought the name was cool. His personality isn't even really like mine, except that I can be sarcastic sometimes. And my cat persona looks nothing like him. It's been so long since I played that game, I almost forget where I got my name. People online have known me as Nall for so long now, it's become more of my name than just a nickname even. So it's hard to give it up and think of any other creative name I would want to give myself that didn't come from a game tongue.gif But I'm happy enough with Nall, and it is a name that other people use(I think usually as a last name), and I've seen it as a street name in Kansas City, and surprisingly there's a street called Nall in Billings where I will be going soon.

Well, people at school used to call me noob a lot, since I know nothing about Internet. Then someone said I climb like a Koala.