St. Jimmy

Where's your name from?

My user name comes from The Lord Of The Rings, Palantir is a stone Sauron used to gain control of peoples' minds and make them believe in things that aren't even real.

No, it's not because I'm evil, I just liked the name tongue.gif

No, they're actually something like "seeing stones"- used to communicate long-distance. A bit like mobile cell phones, only fueled by magic, made by Feanor, and there's only seven of them, most of which are lost. The one you are talking about is the Ithilstone, taken by Sauron and corrupted.

Sorry. My inner Tolkien fan couldn't resist.

... I don't really remember. I've used this same or similar login ID since, like, 6-7 years ago. My favorite animal is the harp seal, hence the 'sealfan' and for the 054, that was just a random set of numbers i chose. As for my personal name, Karina comes from Greece, Scandinavia and Poland, meaning 'pure'. I like my name :)

Mine is just the names of my first two rats, Ghost and Mouse.

When I first came up with it (for a rat forum), I only had those two. Now I have a third, Buster, but I couldn't work in his name. I don't think he minds.

Late reply, but what?! Couldn't work in his name!? Ghostbuster Mouse! It's better than perfect, it's like fate.

My forum name is my name - "Sarah Michal" in Tolkien elvish. My scroll - dreamer - is just a name I've used on several sites, so I used it there. ^^

Got mine cause of how I love dragons, ever since I was a kid. Now I re=aise and sell Bearded dragons biggrin.gif

Cynthiakat was because I loved the name Cynthia, (as well as there are many authors named Cynthia) and I took the first letter of my name 'K' and replaced the 'C' from Cat and I got Kat. CynthiaKat. biggrin.gif

My name translated to Japanese is Saruwatari Ayumi happy.gif

That's why I have Saruwatari smile.gif

My name comes from Eragon, if you haven't noticed already xd.png

The first part, brisingr, means fire, and the last part is in english.

Therefore, fire rider.

My real name is an old Irish name meaning "purity." My forum and scroll names (I use the same for both) come from the title of a really bad poem I wrote in high school. I was called "Amber Filly." I needed a username for another site and the one I ususally used then was taken, so I used the poem. I mistyped it "Amberflly," but I liked the sound of it so I changed the spelling so it made sense. I use it on several sites now.

Wow, long story.

'Zaxian' ...Made up when I was 12 or so, so I had a unique name for internet accounts. I wanted something unique enough that I didn't need to put numbers/symbols after it to get it, that 'looked cool' (read: had 'z' and 'x' in) and wasn't an obviously female username (I play a lot of online games and back when it was less common for women to game I didn't want the unwanted attention I'd get from having an obviously girly username).

I've got it down on quite a lot of websites now - I find it surprisingly irritating when someone else has got it before me on a website :S

Wow... I've had this name for.... 10ish years lol. I really don't remember how I came up with it, but I keep useing it cuz ppl like it ^^.

And I like it cuz ppl call me Ember :3

my username/scroll username is just a combination of cat and atmosphere, since i adore cats beyond ANYTHING and i love astronomy. c:

as for my real name, melissa, it's from a song called 'crossroads (sweet melissa)' and it means 'honeybee' in greek. :B

Mine's just a name I came up with for a character in Oblivion. I liked it, so I ended up using it for everything.

No one ever knows how to pronounce it, though. :c

I got my name from a yu-gi-oh card I absolutely love. I really love birds and the card, Rallis the Star Bird, is in my opinion, a very cool-looking and pretty bird.

CFM = Brought me to DC.

TFM = Brought me to CFM.

I couldn't think of anything else, so I combined them c: CFMTFM.

My username, Kelkelen, comes from... ohhh, way back. I was writing about a fantasy race of half-cat, half-human people, when I was 13 or so (had NO idea that it was cliched, at the time. I just liked cats). Humans called the race Catchildren, but their name for their own race was Kelkelen. It came from their origins, and translated as "cat of Len," the man who was the father of the first one -- who may have actually been named Kelkelen.

And there's a whole story about that guy, and how the creature came to be, and lots of other magic stuff. Yeah.

I got mine when I made my dragcave account. I wanted something that sounded a little like something like the name of a dragon. It literally took me a couple hours to come up with Seregir. It was originally going to be Seromeer.

BlazingPhoenix cuz I like phoenixes. My warrior name is either Leopardspark or Robinfeather. No idea with those.

Edited by BlazingPhoenix

StormWizard212 is my username on Pottermore. rolleyes.gif

For anyone that doesn't know, you can't actually choose your username there. It randomly generates two "magical" words and adds a number to the end and gives you a choice of about five and you choose the least weird sounding one. I think I kind of lucked out, since a lot of them are things like TreePotion and RonaldSlug and weird things like that. But yeah, when I was joining here, the names I used on other forums at the time were all taken. xd.png Revolution, Grim, can't remember what else I tried. So I went with my Pottermore username.

Boring story. tongue.gif I wish I hadn't now though, I don't like the numbers. :/

I came up with my name when I was first joined a forum. What happened was I wrote the name of a character of a certain toy line, and typed in four random numbers when that didn't work.

My forum name comes from well. My favorite color and the first three letters of my name. Not grand but its worked so far.

My name is the result of a typo. I was typing along and found I'd written that someone was wearing "silvor" armor, and I decided it was a cool-looking word, so I made a mental note to use it for something. I added the "Moon" on the end because the moon is my astrological sign, and hey, the moon is cool.

Hmmm, the "Skyra" part of my name is the name of a character that i made up, and i just like the word "Twilight", and by now i have another character named Twilight. The "812" part goes way back to my first account on anything, ClubPenguin. For some reason, the set of numbers stuck, and now every single account on anything always ends in "812". And for some reason, I almost always have my username as SkyraTwilight812, so if you see an account named "SkyraTwilight812" or ends with "812", it's probably me.