The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

*peeks in*  Happy Belated Halloween!!

Have a free 2nd gen pumpkin x dark myst ER egg for anyone doing that lineage.  Also have a few extra omens if anyone missed the event, needs to even out a pair, or to complete a trade for something cool.

OTL... ok ok, I'm. Going to try and get the voting opened up here before I get intimidated by all the **** I have going on again, haha.

Opening the voting poll on... er... a lot of things!!

All members are welcome to vote, but please read the following definitions carefully. Ideally we would like a breed to have 2-3 distinct characteristics to qualify for an Elemental category, so if giving a YES vote please state your reasoning along with it. You may not compare a new release to an already eligible breed. They must be voted in on their own merit.

EARTH - Dragons comprised of, resembling, or able to control rock, metal, and/or dirt, POSSIBLY residing in the earth. For example, a stone dragon is made of stone-like material AND eats rocks. Green dragons live within the caves AND have control over the earth.

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air. For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun. For example, magma dragons are coated in magma, live in volcanic regions AND are capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Sunsongs control light AND are controlled by the light.

WATER - Dragons who control or are comprised of water in either it's liquid or solid state. Also those that live the entirety of their lives in the water. For example, ice dragons form icicles on their skin, and can freeze a predator with their cold breath.

LIFE - Dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. Dragons who possess mana pertaining to magical, mental or spiritual control or consisting of magic in a way that is different from other breeds, or having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds, or having a significant effect on a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds, including both positive and negative effects. For example, a qualifier can not be that the dragon depends on living in the trees alone. But Pumpkin dragons would qualify because they live specifically in pumpkins AND can only be bred during Harvest time.

Baikala dragons

Baikala Dragons are mysterious beasts that inhabit the lesser-known depths of deep lakes and oceans. These exceptional swimmers actively hunt whatever live prey has the misfortune to draw near, and have even been known to breach in order to snag low-flying prey directly out of the air. Though it is unknown exactly how intelligent Baikala are, they are exceptional strategists and problem solvers. Their two heads seem to think and behave as one.

Additional info: I didn't see any.

Yes: Silver (Water), Fiona (Water), Lastalda (Water), MyrrhDarkwing (Water), Cathie (Water), Lavinia (Water)

No:

Script dragons

Script Dragons are named for the markings along their wings and sides that look almost like calligraphy. The patterns correspond to no known language, and are slightly different on every dragon. These dragons only develop the characteristic markings when they reach maturity, and they are fairly capable with magic once the patterns appear.

Additional info: TCA has said they are 'powerful mages' but not much else, and they don't appear to be particularly elemental.

Yes:

No: Silver, Lastalda, Fiona, MyrrhDarkwing, Cathie, Lavinia

Khusa dragon

Khusa dragons thrive in dry, desolate, and rocky areas. Though they can fly, Khusa enjoy honing their climbing skills on foot. Shortly after they hatch, parents are already teaching their young how to pick their way across cliff faces, escarpments, and thin ridges. The young are well cared for by their parents, but other Khusa in the area also look out for the young--despite not forming close-knit groups, these dragons form loose alliances with their closest neighbors. If a threat is spotted, they will attack from above and drive it to the ground where Khusa have an advantage.

Additional info: I didn't see much beyond them being based on the bearded vulture family.

Yes:
No: Silver, Fiona, MyrrhDarkwing, Lastalda, Cathie, Lavinia

Carina dragons

Carina Dragons, though a rare sight, are quite brilliant to behold. Typically gentle, they abhor violence and have developed a rather unique method of camouflage to avoid it; their wings and bodies blend into the night sky while the cobalt flames that adorn their bodies burn brightly, making them appear to be shooting stars when they fly. Their fire also wards off predators and shields them from unwanted brawls. However, despite this enmity toward bloodshed, Carinae can become dangerous when faced with peril, especially if their young are in jeopardy. Legends speak of young Carina Dragons consuming entire constellations, which then become emblazoned on their wings.

Additional info: Since these guys are hybrids of Ridgewings and Nebula, I'm assuming they're going to be automatically accepted. This voting is therefore going to be slightly different, and focused on where to put them instead. Both the parents are in the Wind category, but they are literally on fire so I'm personally leaning in that direction.

Wind: Cathie, Lastalda, Fiona, Lavinia

Fire: Silver, MyrrhDarkwing

Bauta dragon

Bauta Dragons are easily identified by the fused, golden scutes that cover their twin heads in gleaming, gilded masks. They are regal in bearing, and tend to possess a serene disposition. These dragons are most active in early spring during the height of their mating season, engaging in jovial rituals of courtship to woo prospective mates. Bautas are found on temperate islands and lagoons, and are especially fond of sea-mounts near shore. They happily share territory with humans, and take notable interest in the affairs of mankind.

Additional info: None that I could see.

Yes:

No: Silver, Fiona, Lastalda, MyrrhDarkwing, Cathie, Lavinia

Spinel wyverns

Spinel Wyverns are small, sleek dragons that zealously collect spinel gemstones to line their nests. They are very affectionate with those they bond with, and will happily spend hours grooming a dragon of a different species if allowed to. Spinels are well-known for their even temperament, but when offended, they are very slow to forgive and will never forget. These wyverns will readily perform tasks in exchange for spinels, and occasionally other stones. Occasionally, they can be born with iridescent pale green scales instead of the usual rich red-violet.

Additional info: Breeding the red-purple type with earth elemental dragons gives you the green variety.

Spinel dragons, unlike Pyralspites, can't tell gems apart by taste; they do, however, have a sense for it, it's just more of a magical intuition sort of sense. They line their nests with the gems and with fragments of Earth mana.

Yes: Silver (Earth), Fiona (Earth), Lastalda (Earth), MyrrhDarkwing (Earth), Cathie (Earth), Lavinia (Earth)

No:

Omen dragons (Halloween dragon)

Considered heralds of ill fortune, Omen Wyrms are usually found in areas previously ravaged by disaster or strife, blending in amongst the foliage. Due to the unique appearance and texture of their bodies, they often pass as dead trees as they wait for unsuspecting prey. Their haunting cry—like that of a hollow-sounding horn—is a sure signal to run: it is always followed by the dragons’ furious wrath, which manifests in the form of fiery cascades. Escape from an Omen Wyrm is possible, however; it is said they will not dare follow their quarry across running water, no matter the cause of their vexation.

Additional info: I don't see any, please comment if I'm wrong.

Yes: Silver (Life), Cathie (Life)

No: Lastalda, Fiona, Lavinia

Unsure: MyrrhDarkwing (If yes, Fire)

Ok! That should be all ready to go and all voting counted. It looks like only three of us vote anymore... but there, it's open now and I'll be accepting any voting until I close the poll. The length it stays open mostly depends on if TJ decides to release a November dragon and also how many people show up to vote.

Edited by silver_tiger

Baikala: yes, water. they're pretty clearly aquatic dragons and water dragons are those that live their lives within water.

Script: no

Khusa: no

Carina: yes, fire. they are literally on fire. most of their description is about their fire. fire.

Bauta: no

Spinel: yes, earth. they're obsessed with gems and can tell them apart magically, plus hoard earth mana.

Omen: maybe fire??? they seem to control fire + avoid at least running water, but in general they seem more disaster-themed to me, and I can't tell if it's specifically fire-themed disasters. I'm not sure if just having fire as a weapon qualifies, but if it does, elemental for sure.

Well I also see the fact that they avoid fire to the point of letting someone go if they cross it is also a telling point. Like they can't let the fire go out.

If I catch Birdz or Process on discord I'll ask them. And thanks for voting!

mhm, I was waffling between interpreting it as them being too fire-based to go near water, but specifically running water also makes me think of this sort of thing, which is as far as I know a decently common monster trope. since Omens came out on Halloween, which is usually associated with, well, monsters, I was more inclined to go with an aversion to running water for some reason as a monster-type characteristic rather than a fire-type. after all I don't know how they react to lakes or other non-running water sources.

Thanks for bringing the voting up, silver!!!

Adding votes for the ones I didn't vote for yet:

Khusa: No
Omen: No. Sorry, breathing fire (even fiery cascades) just is not enough to make them elemental. I'm pretty sure the fear of running water is not a fire-thing but a classicla monster trope, as Myrrh pointed out. If anyone should unearth more clearly fiery information, maybe I'll change my mind. But as it stands, I have to vote no.

Yes, Earth for Spinels. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Voting no on Omens. Their fire and their ability to look like dead trees just doesn't quite make it for me.

I'm still around, just not terribly active all the time.  :waves at everyone:

Baikala dragons

Yes - Water, please.

Script dragons

No

Khusa dragon

No

Carina dragons

Wind because even though they are on fire, they seem to be far more sky oriented.  shooting stars, cosmos, constellations, etc.

Bauta dragon

No

Spinel wyverns

Yes, please, in earth.

Omen dragons (Halloween dragon)

Yes, in life please.  While their destruction aspect is fire based, it is still destruction, which is a part of life.

Good to see you, Cathie! And thanks everyone for voting and updating your votes. Everything should be current.

I also like Cathie's points. I still like Carina dragons in Fire, but they do have a significant emphasis on shooting stars and the like. I also like your argument about the Omens, and have changed my own vote for them to be Life. I'd still like such cool dragons to be a part of the lineage, though I can also see that their qualifications are shaky at best.

Too shaky for me, both for Life and Fire, sadly. :(

I agree that Carinas fit better in Wind than Fire, and I'm wondering why I didn't see it before. So I'm changing my vote to WIND for Carinae.

And speaking of Carinae: Look!!! I managed to complete the first half of my all-inclusive, AND I managed to include a Carina, after all, both with the same dragon! :wub:

Now if I could just get that last Herald color... evrything else is now waiting for that darned 4th gen.

Whoops! Congratz, Lastalda.

I'm still no on Omens. They're really cool and all but just don't seem elemental enough for me. I'll take the switch to WIND for Carinae though. That does make sense.

So... would anyone be up for a belated 5ecret 5anta in January or so? :-) (Seeing as Christmas time is usually busy enough on its own...)

Hey, all!  I was away for a while, but I'm back again.  I can get a Carina in my All-Inclusive with a bit of rearranging and just one re-breed, but I really can't do Risensongs or Setsongs.

I'd love to do 5ecret 5anta in January!

Catching up on a lot of votes:

Baikala - yes, WATER.

Script - no.

Khusa - no.

Carina - yes, WIND.

Bauta - no.

Spinel - yes, EARTH.

Omen - no.

Okay, everything should be up to date! I'm going to be closing the poll pretty soon, say by the end of the week (Friday/Saturday). Thank you to everyone who voted!

I would love to participate in a secret santa sort of thing, maybe it'll help me get my interest back in the game a little more :)

I'd be up for a secret 5anta deal. Please wait until after January 6th though as I'll be pretty busy until then.

Let's start organizing the 5ecret 5anta in January and then do the actual gifting ~ end of Janary/start of February, yes? That should hopefully remove any unneccessary stress. :-)

In other news: WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! Only took me a year and a half (my first attempt for a 4th gen blue herald was July 2016!) and several mate switched to get this.

From here on, the rest of my All-Inclusive Leeloo is "any egg will do"!

Merry Christmas!

If anyone needs anything bred for Christmas in the next 45 minutes, let me know.  Doesn't have to be Elemental.  I don't have a CB holly or yulebuck, but everything else is available.  If anyone has any 2nd gen holiday x holiday you don't want, myself & crew would be happy to give them a home :)

Hi Pink! It's nice to see you.

You can go to the new holiday biome to try to catch a CB holly or yulebuck. :)

And don't forget your new eggs.

Okay a quick tally before we find out what the new Christmas dragon is, haha...

Closing the voting on...er... a lot of things!

We will be accepting Baikala dragons into Water!

We will be accepting Spinel wyverns into Earth!

We will be accepting Carina dragons into Wind!

We will not be accepting Script dragons, Khusa dragons, Bauta dragonsor Omen dragons at this time.

Sorry the voting has been so haphazard lately, I'll try to do it in a more timely manner in the future!

Edited by silver_tiger

Merry Christmas, everyone! I managed to snag a CB Holly and two CB Wrapping-Wings, so I'm really excited about how well this holiday has gone! Awawa, I forgot to take 2G breeding requests, though >.<

Edited by MyrrhDarkwing

So, TJ's dragons have grown up.

Garland Dragons are a welcome sight in the skies during the holiday season. Their slightly luminous scales shine softly at night or catch the day’s sunbeams as they turn loops and spirals in the sky. They will often drape themselves around tall pine trees or along rooflines, adding a festive note to the winter scenery. Occasionally they drop red mana berries from their garland-like mane, which offer a comforting warmth to those that find them.

I'm proposing they be added to the lineage in LIFE. I know there's not really a lot of supporting info in their descriptions, but... additional info is readily available for them as it was my concept. lol. The green and red on their spine is modified dorsal fin. The green absorbs mana, preferably life mana, but any abundance will suffice. This is the dragon's main sustenance. The red berries are fire mana, and are dropped from the dragon as excess, but also to warm their nests and as aid. The berries give off a nice, comforting warmth.

So,

1. These are sustained on magic

2. They provide aid in the form of warm mana berries

3. They convert mana from whatever to fire mana