The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Still thinking no on the Scripts, drat it. There just hasn't been enough added info to make it work for me.

Also, the suggestion to try Xenos with Halloween elements to get the All-Inclusive breeds I need was brilliant. One. Two. Three. and done. :)

Wow, I'm envious! I still need either a Mageia from Thalassa or Thalassa from Mageia, but all my attempts keep producing Gaias and Pyros ans Astrapi. It's going to stay interesting for a few more weeks, I guess.At least, the rest is making progress. ^_^

You are checking which biome the non-Xeno parent is from, right? I mean, I assume you know that's a factor but just in case you didn't, biome matters.

Ah, right! No, I didn't, I completely forgot. I feel stupid now. XD Thanks for the pointer!

*goes to screw over the whole damn scheme yet again*

Edited by Lastalda

I went through and tallied the biomes of all my despipis, graves and shadow walkers, figured out which xenos with which gave me the most tries and mapped them out from that. On my planning spreadsheet all I'd done was list Xeno 1, 2, 3 bred to each of the Halloween breeds, then put Xeno 4, 5, 6 as the results required. So I could be as flexible as possible. And when my first desipis try failed me rearranged again because oddly enough have just one cb desipis from each biome. It worked out though.

Pretty much what I did yesterday. Turns out almost all my halloweens are from volcano or jungle, so waiting for a Thalassa or Mageia could have taken forever... XD

Now I hope for a mageia from copper (since I have a couple of brown desert-based coppers while my bred 2nd gen copper is rainbow from green)... Should be able to try those (and the remaining xenos) tomorrow, crossed fingers appreciated. :)

Yay! congratz. I bred 3 more of my 2nd gens today. Getting close to having them all. The Fire Gem continues to elude me though. I get a GW or nothing. Maybe I should see about swapping to a holiday dragon.

I managed to complete my Fire Gems, and also my first 4th gen: Blue Gem

I'm just lucky that I started this after the Fire Gems were part of the lineage, lol.

...I feel like it's going to take me a long time to get a yellow Undine. Oh well...

Edited by silver_tiger

Look!!! :wub:

(Where did the heart smiley go?!?)

Edit: Ah, it's still working if you know the code; it just wasn't because the new forum software thought I was trying to extend the Link... I don't like WYSIWYG for this kind of thing... XD

Edited by Lastalda

That's pretty cool. Congratz.

I think the smilies that are default in the new forum software are more limited than in the old. TJ's added back some of the custom ones but none of the others. Which is too bad. I like emojies. Lots of emojies. B)

Yesssss! As of today, I'm officially done with all the 2nd gens for my All-Inclusive! :wub: (I had completely forgotten about the possibility of including Witchlights!) 

Just to be sure: we only need to include 2 of the copper-colors, bred from each other, right? (Because the wording on the front page suggests all 3, but Fiona's scheme shows only 2 - and rellay, the third color is just like any other breed, right?)

Otherwise I'll have to rebreed one of the other 2nd gens from a liver of sulfur copper (something non-Xeno! XD)... (I had hoped to get a mageia from desert-based liver of sulfur copper x Thalassa, but none of the 5 or 6 pairs were cooperating, repeatedly.)

Edited by Lastalda

I do have all three in my own but yes, you need only two. The third color ends up in the "any other breed from the lineage" category. I should edit the 6th gen one in the link. I don't have storm riders or risen/setsongs in it. Oops.

Yay! All done with 2nd gens, then. :-)

No luck with the last lunar herald, though, and I'll have to wait until October tot try again because I need indigo! *cries*

Anyone who is still starting: start with indigo or silver as the CB color. These have breeding phases of exactly 8 days, so it's hard to get 2 opportunities into one phase, whereas the other colors have more frequent 4day-phases. See here. (Although the calendar seems one day off (possibly due to a site-outage at some point - 9th August was still bronce. But you get the idea.)

I'm also generally working on getting cousin-pairs for the hard-to-get-egg-from higher-gens, so I get more than one attempt per week. Especially for cases where you need to get offspring in a certain time window (lunar heralds, seasonals) or the ratios are bad (Avatars) this pays off.

According to the calendar Indigo comes around again September 10. The cycle is exactly 32 days. Mine weren't nice to me either. I can still use either bronze or blue though so I can try again in a week while bronze is up.

I may resort to cousin pairs, because yeah, some of those pairs are tough. I only have one seasonal still to get, and can't start that until September 21. I should do that with Avatars though, because mine are being brats. I have 2nd gen, can't seem to get to 3rd. I either get no egg or the wrong egg.

I finished getting my 2nd gens today. I left the easy peasy "just need any egg from this pair of commons" ones for last.

Edited by Fiona

You can try twice to get Silver LH. I know because that's the color I'm trying to get now... the cycle is just long enough that if you try to get one on the first day, CD ends in time to try on the last day.

I'm still trying to get all my 2nd gens, but I've been concentrating more on finishing 'blocks' (the way I tend to think about four CBs I intend to breed together and their resulting offspring).

Edited by silver_tiger

On 11.8.2017 at 7:10 PM, Fiona said:

According to the calendar Indigo comes around again September 10. The cycle is exactly 32 days. Mine weren't nice to me either. I can still use either bronze or blue though so I can try again in a week while bronze is up.

Ah, right. I read day and month the wrong way. Thanks!

@silver: I know you can try twice if you manage to make the 1st attempt on the first day of the 8day-phase. Which I never do... :P

I started with the hard-to-get 2nd gens I wanted in there - which for me meant I started with the 2nd gen prize and CB hybrid offspring, because for some reason I was determined to have them ALL in there. XD But not caring overmuch about the breed of the 2nd gen prize offspring makes this much easier! Only when I had all of these did I dare to plan the rest, because only then did I know which breeds I had left to use. And then I started with attempts for the hard-to-breed 2nd gens (Xenos, Seasonals, Avatars, alts). Oh, and the hybrid-4th gen, that I also started earlier, because there the breeds were already determined. The idea was, like Fiona, to leave the easy 2nd gens for last, because catching up with these should be easy. But, of course, since some of the hard stuff took longer, I meanwhile managed to breed all the easy 2nd gens... :P

Anyway, the good news is that I have only the last Avatar, the autumn seasonal and the blue Lunar Herald left as "(potentially) difficult to breed", all other remaining breedings are "any egg will do". :D 

Edited by Lastalda

Oh man, look what a beauty I just managed to get:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/4BTKW

I'm so happy.

The things I have left are... oh man. Silver and Gold Lunar Herald (but because I have Ideas about these things, I want to get the Silver egg first... orz), I'm trying to get a Terrae to breed with my Harvest so I can get an Avatar of Creation, Autumn and Winter Seasonals, aaaaall my second gen Xenos because I'm trying to breed them with Zyus (R.I.P. me....), a Setsong hybrid...and several random pairs where it doesn't matter which egg they give me.

...I'm a long way off but then I just started this so I'm not in any rush, lol.

I found that Halloweens worked very well with Xenos to get the next breed. Make sure you pair them so the biome your Halloween is from (or your Zyu) will produce the next breed of Xeno. (Example: This Chrono's parents are a Pyro and a Shadow Walker from the forest. The Zyus will work the same way but I'd think would be a headache trying to get the Xeno from them. Up to you, of course.

... and I thought I had all my 2nd gens bred, then realized I'd put Storm Riders in my scheme twice. Oops. I'd somehow left out both Ice and Magma dragons so I bred them together, got an egg and plopped that in the hole.

And second and... are Aegis dragons and Heartstealers in here? I would have thought they were, but they aren't in my list.

Edited by Fiona

Sadly, I only have one CB holiday breed that we accept and I wanted to use it with my GoN. I'll be waiting all year to get my Winter anyway, so I've got time to breed them over...and over...and over ad infinitum.

We have Heartseekers, but not Aegis or Heartstealers. I don't see how Heartstealers are elemental anyway, they're just the dragon version of magpies.

Edited by silver_tiger

Congrats on the yellow undine, silver!

Breeding any non-Zyu from Zyu is a pain, they seem really common. I had trouble getting a sunsong from Sinomorph because they kept throwing Zyus. I mean, if you really really want these, go ahead. But be prepared to wait forever. XD

Also, seasonals might be a good idea to have cousins waiting. Sucks to have only one or two 2nd gen pairs and then have them give the other egg all season. (Happened to me. I had 2 2nd gen winters, but got no spring egg from them, so I had to start that part over with lots of 2nd gen springs. Now I have two 3rd gen summers waiting until autumn comes around, and I'll probably breed more cousin pairs to be safe. Ratios being what they are, the higher up you get in generations the more the commons win, so getting a seasonal 4th gen might be a RPITA... and I definitely don't want to wait another year!)

@Fiona:

Nope, no Aegis or Heartstealer. (I wasn't sure about Aegis, but the voting returned with No.)  But we do have soulstones.

Oh noes! I have two waverunners! :mad: So much for having all my 2nd gens... *goes to breed a new 2nd gen*

Would anyone care to check my plan for anything else I have overlooked? XD

I checked over your plan against mine, and didn't see anything you're missing.