The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

There should definitely be a rule that if you have your All Inclusive a certain amount done, you should be allowed to finish it as is.

Honestly the amount of dragons we need to breed for the All Inclusive is getting a little crazy, lol!

3 minutes ago, silver_chan said:

There should definitely be a rule that if you have your All Inclusive a certain amount done, you should be allowed to finish it as is.

Honestly the amount of dragons we need to breed for the All Inclusive is getting a little crazy, lol!

I concur with this.

I am also having trouble with the new forum, so expect  me to have problems replying and responding until i suss it out.

Oh, Storm-Riders. Right. I just saw that I have no chance whatsoever to incorporate these in my All-Inclusive, either, since I already have this which really needs to breed an Avatar of Destruction with her, and reshuffling these is rather indiscussable, because they really really belong together... :(

Er... yeah, we really need a rule for "after which point are you not required to replan anymore but can use the "as-is" state as basis for your All-Inclusive?" (Or do we? Would you guys prefer to leave the final decision on any individual Leeloo up to individual scrutiny? Maybe with a general rule like "Any required breed missing from your All-Inclusive Leeloo needs to be convincingly explained as the breed's release being so recent that incorporating it would have required major rebreeding. You can document this with the breeding dates of 3rd+ gens within your Leeloo that already existed when the new breed that would have required this was released." (Something like "Missing breed with release date + Older dragon(s) + birth date".)?

Thoughts?

(I'm happy to do some shuffling around and rebreed stuff that hasn't gone beyond 2nd or 3rd gen, but beyond that it can become a serious hazzle (and sometimes before that, if we're talking hard to obtain 2nd gens like prize-kin, 2nd gen prizes or alts). I just have reshuffled a lot to reincorporate the Xenos as 3 separate 2nd gens in an achievable way (tip: use CB Halloweens as Xeno mates; you only get Xeno offspring and hopefully have a decent number of these for multiple attempts per week). Now I have almost no wiggle-room left without major changes.)

Edit: screw it, I'm shuffling it so that I can at least incorporate the Storm-Rider. It actually requires less rebreeding than I thought, and it might even make things easier in the end.

Does anyone know whether Storm-Riders can produce Avatars? Otherwise I'll need a Pyro Xeno from than 2nd gen Storm-Rider... Ah well, should still be easier than trying to get an Avatar out of an Electric... XD And while I'm at it, I can also shuffle to incorporate the Risensong/Setsong. But seriously, after this I'm DONE reshuffling! XD

Edited by Lastalda

I need to start planning out my own Leelo... I haven't done much breeding since I started rebuilding my scroll, I've been concentrating more on meeting my scroll goals, for the most part.

That said, I'd be ok with people judging for themselves whether they need to rebreed or not. I mean obviously we're going to get more and more dragons going forward; one day who knows, maybe we'll even have enough dragons to do an 8th gen All-Inclusive Leelo which would honestly be all kinds of awesome. But staying on track, no matter how carefully you plan there's an ongoing risk that you will suddenly need to rebreed every month to incorporate whatever new hybrid or dragon that can be bred from another dragon that's been introduced into the cave.

So yes, to wrap up my rambling, I'd be just fine with people deciding that they're, idk, 85% done with the base pairs and they don't have room to rebreed, say, Bleeding Moons with Balloons because of whatever reason.

On another note, is there a way to breed Risensongs and Setsongs in the same Leelo? Since you need a Sunsong for both those, very unfortunately.

There is not a way to breed Risensongs and Setsongs in the same Leeloo. I couldn't figure out any way to make that happen.

Well, darn. I guess we'll just have to plan for one or the other, then.

ETA: Added the Sinomorphs and all six Zyumorphs to the front page, let me know if anyone thinks it should be changed in any way.

Edited by silver_chan

Changing usernames is so confusing... Almost didn't recognize you, silver! XD

I'm not a fan of the whole name change thing, personally. I don't know who anyone is anymore.

I've disliked the name silver_chan for a while now, I thought that just changing it a little wouldn't make anyone confused... anyway, I'm not planning on changing it again so you can rest easy. Hopefully most people will change their names rarely if at all.

But so I say something more on topic, I'll be putting up voting for the newest three dragons sometime this weekend. I figure it's probably better to stay on top of releases since that way I don't have to scroll too far back to find the votes.

On 6/29/2017 at 6:19 PM, Fiona BlueFire said:

I have assumed that as all the parents of these new breeds are elemental, that the new breeds would be as well. Both Sunsongs and Suns are Fire, so I am assuming that Risensongs and Setsongs will be in Fire as well. Dusks I'd say fit best in Fire too, with their Crimson Flare parents, as the descriptions for the breed talk about their fire properties more than earth.

If our Fearless Leaders think arguments need to be made apart from their parentage I can list some. For what it's worth, too, Setsongs and Risensongs are considered one breed in the encyclopedia. Suns are one breed, so I guess that makes sense.

Are you sure we really need to vote? All the parents are elemental, and the hybrids all take characteristics from their parents. If you think we need to vote I'm not opposed, but I was assuming.

Also, you weren't hard to figure out who you were with the name change, but some of them I'm seeing are so totally different that I don't have a clue. I saw your post and didn't even read the username carefully. In my head it said "Silver_chan." It took Lastalda pointing it out for me to see  you'd changed it.

Well, it's protocol i guess... but hey if you don't think we need a vote, less work for me! I guess if anyone has a reason they shouldn't be in the lineage they can bring it up and I'll wait a few days before I add them to the front page /shrug.

ETA: For the record as of now all three are going to be put into Fire because of reasons many people have discussed, mainly: that Sunsets, Sunrises, and Sunsongs are all in Fire themselves; and though Nilia Pygmies are Earth, Dusk Pygmies definitely take after their Crimson parents.

Edited by silver_tiger

I'm totally ok with or without a vote.  I vote for them, if it comes to it, in Fire.

As for the "when should a person have to re-breed for their all inclusive"  I think that when the person puts it forth, they should say, "This is my all inclusive as of DD/MM/YY.  It does not include X,Y, and Z as they were new to the group after the indicated date or were impossible to breed (in the case of the Risensongs and Setsongs)" And I think that the date should be within 18 months of the date of completion.

I haven't had names mess with me yet because the signatures usually are at least similar to what they used to be for the person.  Usually.  But then I'm not nearly as active as I was. Before I could quickly pop around and now I feel really really slow again.  I don't learn new things as quickly as I once did.

I'm fine without a vote.

As for the All-Inclusives, 18 months is a long time but really not that much when considering an all-Inclusive. I vertainly started mine over a year ago, and as you saw, I'm not halfway finished... Especially when you want to include 2nd gen prizes, this strongly limits you downstream for new hybrids, and getting such 2nd gens can take a long time...

But yeah, I guess, when you deliver it, you should just make your case for any missing required breeds, and make it reasonable. That would be enough for me. It's not like we're getting swamped with finished All-Inclusives, so individual scrutiny should be fine. :-)

I don't remember when I started mine. I just rearranged everything though to fix the Xeno issue and incorporated the newer breeds while I was at it. There's still a little bit of wiggle room if there are more breeds released that are or can be bred from others, but it's getting tricky even for a 7th gen.

As hard as All-Inclusives are to build, I'd say if someone completes one and didn't change the plan to reflect breeds added after their initial plan was done I'd accept it anyway. Cuz... hard.

With all the talk about All-Inclusives, I decided to start mine. I don't know what I'm doing really, but I have an egg. That's a start, right?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/BaClG

The alts are going to kill me... I wanted to ask, though. The spreadsheet specifically says we need a Yellow Undine, but we need an Alt Vine/Dark Green too, right?

Nice start!

I left the Alt Vines off because they're so rare. Of all the Vines I've hatched (probably hundreds) only one has been an alt. They are entirely the same breed on our spreadsheet so I figured that was ok. Some of the other multiple sprite breeds end up listing as multiple breeds, like Nebulae. It's entirely up to you if you want to include the Alt Vine though. I included the Alt Undine because although they are also one breed, they're not quite as difficult to get. (at least, they're weren't when I made the plan. Haven't tried in awhile.)

I literally got one yesterday, so I hope that means they're not as hard to get as some of the other alts! I guess that I'll try for an Alt Vine without fussing if I don't get one, then.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/FPxfn

ETA: added Risensongs, Setsongs, and Dusk Pygmies to the front page.

Edited by silver_tiger

New dragons!

Baikala Dragons are mysterious beasts that inhabit the lesser-known depths of deep lakes and oceans. These exceptional swimmers actively hunt whatever live prey has the misfortune to draw near, and has even been known to breach in order to snag low-flying prey directly out of the air. Though it is unknown exactly how intelligent Baikala are, they are exceptional strategists and problem solvers. Their two heads seem to think and behave as one.

Script Dragons are named for the markings along their wings and sides that look almost like calligraphy. The patterns correspond to no known language, and are slightly different on every dragon. These dragons only develop the characteristic markings when they reach maturity, and they are fairly capable with magic once the patterns appear.

Well! The two-headed type is at least a variety that lives entirely in water... but they don't seem too elemental other than that? And the Script dragons... some magic, huh. I dunno, guys, I wish we could add these... let's see if any other info pops up. I haven't dug around much for any.

ETA: I found a little info about the Script dragons.

[12:13 PM] TCA: Anyways, Script dragons were never a super serious breed I did in-depth concept stuff for. I just wanted to make something neat. But I headcanon them as being powerful mage dragons, loving parents, kind of soft and plushy under their scales and very snuggly, but also the type to be enigmatic or frustrating just for lulz. Like, if you went to ask one for help, they'd send you on a dumb sidequest just because they could.

Edited by silver_tiger

I haven't been able to make up my mind on the Scripts. They seem like they ought to be Elemental because TCA clearly says they're magical. But she didn't tell us how they use magic. I keep seeing them in those whatever-the-heck-they-are commercials though where the guy is a "guru" and people are asking him these deep questions, and he says, "buy this thing". I can't remember the company doing the advertising.

I think the Bailakas should be Elemental just by virtue of being a breed that lives the entirety of its life in the water. Obviously, they should be in Water. Living their entire life in water is a criteria for the element. It's not clear if they breathe water like sharks or breathe air like whales.

I pretty much agree with Fiona. Bailakas are, according to the info I've seen, even named after a lake (Lake Baikal), so they're clearly designed and intended to be very watery. Can we count that? XD

Scripts... I don't know. "Highly magical" just doesn't seem enough to me, so I tend towards No for these, unless we get further info.

@silver: thanks for adding the new breeds!!!

I think there was a typo in the description I grabbed; they're actually Baikalas. Anyway.

Yeah, I wish we could add the Scripts but even after I asked TCA for more info she didn't really have much to add, just that they used their magic a lot and I don't think that's a qualification. All dragons use magic, only the ones who are either made of it or dependent on it in some way or use it in a unique way should be voted in on the merit of magic alone. That's how I see it anyway.

I can agree with you guys on the Baikalas. I'm happy to have them as part of the lineage anyway, they're cool.

I'll be opening a poll soon, though this next week will be super busy so just keep voicing your opinions about stuff and I'll tally up the yes/no votes when I open the poll as usual.

@Lastalda did I do something special by mistake? Lol.

Edited by silver_tiger

@silver_tiger: you keep doing the polls, and you added the new ones to the first page. I think that deserves thanks, special or not! ;-)