The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

New eggses, one of which is a hybrid from ridges and nebs. I foresee some rearranging of the All-Inclusive planning chart.

I have all my 2nd gens and most of my 3rd gens bred so I don't think I'll be redoing mine either.

Since having or not having all four colors of nebs in there is considered optional I may rework the plan doc to show that.

...well then. I've already bred my Nebs and my Ridgies in my own Leelo....I guess this will be my first reshuffling. Fun.

The babies look promising, anyway.

TJ's dragons have grown up.

Khusa dragons thrive in dry, desolate, and rocky areas. Though they can fly, Khusa enjoy honing their climbing skills on foot. Shortly after they hatch, parents are already teaching their young how to pick their way across cliff faces, escarpments, and thin ridges. The young are well cared for by their parents, but other Khusa in the area also look out for the young—despite not forming close-knit groups, these dragons form loose alliances with their closest neighbors. If a threat is spotted, they will attack from above and drive it to the ground where Khusa have an advantage.

Carina Dragons, though a rare sight, are quite brilliant to behold. Typically gentle, they abhor violence and have developed a rather unique method of camouflage to avoid it: their wings and bodies blend into the night sky while the cobalt flames that adorn their bodies burn brightly, making them appear to be shooting stars when they fly. Their fire also wards off predators and shields them from unwanted brawls. However, despite this enmity toward bloodshed, Carinae can become dangerous when faced with peril, especially if their young are in jeopardy. Legends speak of young Carina Dragons consuming entire constellations, which then become emblazoned on their wings.

The Khusas don't seem elemental to me at all, but the Carinas, with two elemental parent breeds, do entirely. I'd put them in Fire, since they're on fire. An argument could probably be made for Wind since they look like shooting stars, but their fire is a stronger claim in my opinion.

I agree with Fire. I'll try to put up a voting thing for last and this month's dragons, but since both parents of the Carina hybrids are elemental, those will be automatically added, yes? We just need to decide on where to put them. I'll probably include them in the voting then, hopefully I'll have time to make that this weekend.

Fire sounds good to me, too.

And I found a way to include them in my Leeloo, after all! :-D Just not at the 2nd gen level, but at 6th gen I can actually do them. Hooray! (It just takes more patience and means I can't breed the two 5th gens I already have together...)

Congratulations! and Yay! mine are done too!

Now if I can just get the rest of them to cooperate...

Congrats you two! I got my Autumn seasonal done as well, but I still need the Winter one... sigh.

My last Avatar is being stubborn too, and I flubbed my Lunar Herald breeding last month /sigh. Hopefully soon I'll have it done...

Also sorry about the lack of voting polls recently, life smacked me in the face and I fell down for a while, I think. I'm also assuming that we'll have a new dragon released tomorrow; I'm debating putting up the voting now or waiting for the next dragon to hatch and grow (if we do get one tomorrow).

TJ's new dragons have grown up:

Bauta Dragons are easily identified by the fused, golden scutes that cover their twin heads in gleaming, gilded masks. They are regal in bearing, and tend to possess a serene disposition. These dragons are most active in early spring during the height of their mating season, engaging in jovial rituals of courtship to woo prospective mates. Bautas are found on temperate islands and lagoons, and are especially fond of sea-mounts near shore. They happily share territory with humans, and take notable interest in the affairs of mankind.

Spinel Wyverns are small, sleek dragons that zealously collect spinel gemstones to line their nests. They are very affectionate with those they bond with, and will happily spend hours grooming a dragon of a different species if allowed to. Spinels are well-known for their even temperament, but when offended, they are very slow to forgive and will never forget. These wyverns will readily perform tasks in exchange for spinels, and occasionally other stones. Occasionally, they can be born with iridescent pale green scales instead of the usual rich red-violet.

The spinels look very elemental to me, as they have a thing for a certain kind of rock, zealously collecting them and even trading for them.

Bautas on the other hand, unfortunately, don't seem very elemental. Sad cuz pretty.

YES!!!

Now it's really only the lunar herald that is giving me pains anymore. It probably really wasn't clever to leave the 3rd gen herald to pair with such an uber-common as the antarean... Not much room for switching left, though. Hm... maybe I can use the 3rd gen royal crimson instead. Are these less common than antareans? (It would mean I'd need an autumn from the antareans, though, before the season is out...)

Okay, and I still need a ridgewing from one of the 3rd gen ridgewing x fire gem pairs, to later get the Carina into the Leeloo, but that should be doable within reasonable time...

As for the new dragons, I'm not sure. Bautas don't seem elemental, but Spinels... is hoarding a gem really enough to qualify them as elemental?

Edited by Lastalda

It's not just hoarding them. I didn't update the info here, but the green ones are produced by breeding specifically with an earth element dragon (the DC lore earth element, which happens to have similar guidelines to ours.)

Additional info from the news thread:

Spinel dragons, unlike Pyralspites, can't tell gems apart by taste; they do, however, have a sense for it, it's just more of a magical intuition sort of sense. They line their nests with the gems and with fragments of Earth mana.

- magical sense of gemstones.

So, they have a magical sense of gemstones.

They hoard gemstones and line their nests with the stones and with earth mana.

Their color is influenced by the other parent if that parent is an earth-based breed. (such as Geodes, Stones, Greens, Golds and Coppers - 5 of the breeds capable of producing the green Spinels.)

Ah, ok, that's much stronger. Good argumentation, thanks!

I'm voting yes for Spinels in Earth (when silver gets around to it. No hurry, love!).

Does anyone need any last minute 2nd gen Halloween mates (or 2nd gen halloweens)?

Mine are all unrequested so far...

If anyone needs Elementals bred for Halloween, let me know and I'll do my best for them!  Otherwise, I'm done breeding them and only trying to catch Pumpkins now.

Dropped off the face of the earth for months again only to return to pick up the new Halloween dragon. Nabbed three eggs, but when I came back to check on them just now they're all dead. And the cave isn't dropping them anymore. I did snag two CB Pumpkins which I think are at least elemental, but... jeez, I want to go on hiatus again after this.

44 minutes ago, MyrrhDarkwing said:

Dropped off the face of the earth for months again only to return to pick up the new Halloween dragon. Nabbed three eggs, but when I came back to check on them just now they're all dead. And the cave isn't dropping them anymore. I did snag two CB Pumpkins which I think are at least elemental, but... jeez, I want to go on hiatus again after this.

Their should be some in the AP in a day or two.

20 hours ago, MyrrhDarkwing said:

i have 2 extra ones, but they're sick right now.

58 minutes ago, MyrrhDarkwing said:

@PhantomoftheWolves Oh, gosh, thank you so much!!! I can't say how much I appreciate it.

Aaah, these ones I'm checking in on every couple hours; I've never had eggs die of sickness before. 

You are very welcome!

Sickness is a big problem around these holiday events; gotta watch out for that!