Psychic Werewolf

ANSWERED:Breeding Links/Clickable Dragon for Breeding

Im going to vote against this. The reason being that having all those images that show up, also be links (or having the link on the page) slows things down.

For every one of those links, has to make a request to the page that its linking to which can slow things down considerably.

If something like this did go into effect though, I would like to be able to pull up just males or just females. The majority of my pairings, i breed on the males action page (except in the cases of metallics and holidays) I dont breed the majority of the dragons I have so narrowing down that list would be a lot better for me, and for how much i need to load at once.

edit: my geek speak fails, but i stand behind the "it will probably get more lag" stance.

Edited by Thuban

I'm not sure I understand why each link has to talk to something, but I'll take your word on it.

If it has that possibility, make it optional. That way people who think it is a must have can have it and those who are on slow internet or wouldn't use it can not have it.

I did mention the geek speak failed, right?

Even if the drain the extra link would cause is minimal, the way the filter is right now loads a lot of information. Its adding more into that needs to be loaded, and could cause problems for those who already have trouble loading the filter.

the suggestion for narrowing the filter to males or females only just lessens how many dragons you have to load up, which isnt as much of a drain. Having those extra links in a male/female only sort probably wouldnt slow things down as much.

I've been sorting my dragons and it just irritates me that I have to check the dragon's lineage from "another direction" as I can't click on the dragon's lineage link while I'm sorting them. (I'm doing a lineage project and the whole point of my custom sort is to put the CBs in one pile, and the 2nd gens into another pile, and the 3rd-gens, etc. I think / hope that his modification would be doable.

Also, breeding. Breeding is something that you are (supposed to) do knowing the lineage of both dragons you breed. So, when the dragon whose 'action' you use is on top, the list of possible mates below, then maybe it'd be convenient to have a clickable link to the partner's page or lineage. Like teleport. I love this modification of teleport. Could we please have it for breeding too? Please?

Please?

There are awesome ideas in that thread, but that's filter. What I'm asking for would be links where are none ATM.

Adding snapshots here:

Sort page (current)

user posted image

Breed page (current)

user posted image

I think there is enough place there for a lineage link, and it would be awesome. But at least, a clickable dragon so that we could ctrl + click it.

Edited by Darth Krande

~Merged~

I'm not sure clickable lineages would be workable in custom sort or alt custom sort, unless the sorts were changed around to a different moving system. I think we talked about this with TJ before, but I can't quite remember. D:

It makes A HUGE DIFFERENCE if there's mass breeding going on with thousands of dragons in the scroll,

All the dragons listed are not clickable,

This means I must

1. scroll down through hundreds of dragons,

2. click the dragon

3. click the lineage to see if this dragon is a compatible mate (same gen mate, etc)

If the dragons in the breeding list are clickable, then it's

1. view

2. lineage (or simply just a lineage button!)

It really saves alot.png of hassle of scrolling through hundreds of dragons, and saves a tremendous amount of time when I'm mass breeding, and need to find a compatible mate

Yes from me too.

It's really irritating when you try to choose a new mate for your dragons. I'm always afraid of making a mistake when I have two dragons close to each other with similar names.

Bumping this because it would make my life so much easier! With 3200+ dragons it is really hard to remember who is who. The link would allow me to make a last-minute check to be sure I have the dragon I intended before clicking the breed link.

If this has been suggested elsewhere and I missed it in my search, mods, please fry it.

When choosing a mate for a dragon, is it possible that dragons on the list of available breeding partners be given a link to their lineage? Not just the "BREED" link to the far right, but actually the ability to click on the dragon itself, so that its lineage becomes viewable?

For example: I might want to pair female dragon "X" with a potential partner, male "Y" on the list of available bachelors. However, I don't remember what his lineage looks like, and I'm too lazy to have several browser tabs open (not usually a real problem for me, but this is a hypothetical situation) to flip through pages of dragons to find him specifically. Being able to click on him and view his ancestry right there would be incredibly helpful, and probably save the headache of 1) inbreeding, because the majority of players try to avoid it, and 2) mismatched generations or lineages. There may be other benefits to the idea, but those are the major ones that I see at the moment.

Thanks for listening.

Completely support! It gets tiring having to add an additional tab to view lineages - it's partly why I came up with a naming scheme for different generations.

I would definitely like this. I'm surprised after all this time it hasn't been implemented yet. xd.png

Adding onto the support train. :D

(really, even just LINKING to the dragon by clicking on its image or something would be nice!)

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I support this. I play DC almost exclusively on my phone, and when I'm away from wifi, every byte counts. I'd rather not have to load five or more extra pages to see the mate's lineage.

SUPPORT!!!!

It's really annoying for me to have to use two tabs to make sure I get the right dragon. It isn't hard, but this would be much easier! smile.gif

Full support for me as well, this would make breeding so much easier!

I support this!

I have always wished that I could just click on a possible mate in the breeding list and have it take me to its lineage page, or a lineage link next to its sprite. Would be a nice quality of life addition.

If this has been suggested elsewhere and I missed it in my search, mods, please fry it.

It has indeed. I can't find it either smile.gif