Psychic Werewolf

ANSWERED:Breeding Links/Clickable Dragon for Breeding

*votes YES*

how did you read my mind? i was just thinking thisone day when i was breeding and it was frustrating to check that i have right dragon <.< with life mates it aint a problem....

I'd love for this to be implemented. I hadn't realised how useful it would be until I got about 10 whites for a personal lineage project...and all of the are unnamed so far. The fastest method that I've found to check wether the dragon I'm looking at is the one I'm looking for is viewing it's image on a different tab/window and then replacing "image" with "lineage" in the url. And, obviously, it's kind of a pain when you have several dragons of the same breed in a row. ^^;

Edited for clarification.

Edited by MissK.

Maybe even just a link to the dragon's lineage along with the "Breed" link.

This. Or have the clickable dragons link to their lineage page rather than their view page. Do. Want. This. Feature.

I support this idea because quite often I find myself curious about the lineage of the second dragon I'm breeding. In order to find that out I have to open a whole other tab and wait for my scroll to load, then find the partner and check its lineage. That's not an entirely bothersome thing, but it would be nice to have the dragons clickable on the breeding page.

Edited by Kanakha

Do want! saves having to mouseover the breed link to see the code then going to the scroll, finding it again and clicking it from there to look at the lineage smile.gif

I totally agree. Preventing inbreeding is currently more difficult then it has to be...

Well - for those with twisted knickers over inbreeding - the lineage/inbreed check on Allure is pretty fast.....

I like this idea. I hate to inbreed my dragons, but sometimes it happens because I mistake the unnamed ones for another dragon. I would like this feature.

I think it's a pretty useful suggestion. I've often wished to snaplink-click on a breeding page, so I could just switch tabs to see if it's the right dragon, so I voted 'yes'. smile.gif

Edited by Draco-Stellaris

What about a different approach, like this one? http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=4726159 (Actually thats not just a fancy picture but actually the breed-page you see on the screenshot!)

I think, an embeded lineage preview is way more helpfull then a link to the dragon. Sure, a link to the dragon is helpfull too, but most likely you would just visit the dragons page to continue to the lineage or look for the name.

What about a different approach, like this one? http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=4726159 (Actually thats not just a fancy picture but actually the breed-page you see on the screenshot!)

I think, an embeded lineage preview is way more helpfull then a link to the dragon. Sure, a link to the dragon is helpfull too, but most likely you would just visit the dragons page to continue to the lineage or look for the name.

I wouldn't necessarily be wanting just to check for inbreeding, though - maybe I'd just want to know which white had the shortest lineage without having to check back because I forgot to do so when I started (which is 99% of the time...)

But that is a fun add-on; I shall install it anyway !

ETA - darn; uses java. I usually disable that. But still; I could always enable it for that one page, I guess....

Edited by fuzzbucket

That screenshot does look nice, I might download that add-on wink.gif Though I find the first post a bit confusing

And yes, a link to the lineage would probably be even better, or just an extra link next to the dragon's sprite to the lineage. Because apparently some people do still want to click on the dragon to get to the dragon page, not the lineage page. biggrin.gif I'll add your idea in the first post, alright?

So far so good, only two no votes smile.gif

I agree. Maybe we can also search dragons? I know I don't have many - but if I get a lot it will be annoying to see 20 dragons pop up and not know which one to breed, I could just type it in.

Yes! This is AWESOME! If the lineage preview was added, it would replace my old need for the now banned EATW addon! Please do this, TJ, PLEASE!

The EATW Breeding Preview was awesome while it lasted, and I would really like to see it made a permanent DC feature, if there is ANY way to bring it back. I got spoiled so fast, and miss it terribly when breeding a new pair for the first time.

I would really love the lineage preview feature.

Edited by calankh

The EATW Lineage Preview feature still works...

I use it all the time. Can't imagine DC without it now. tongue.gif

So now I really have no need for dragons to be clickable on the breeding page, although it would still be nice.

Edit:: Wait, just saw the notice. That really sucks. I loved that add-on. DX

Edited by tikigurl91

I completely approve of a breedviewer on the breed page. I used the EATW addon prior to it's 'ban', and found it most useful for lineages. Personally I would have liked to see something added to the cave first to replace it, rather than banning it and leaving nothing to replace it. >.>