Psychic Werewolf

ANSWERED:Breeding Links/Clickable Dragon for Breeding

I found this feature in the addon very helpful smile.gif It would be great to see it implemented in the site.

The EATW Breeding Preview was awesome while it lasted, and I would really like to see it made a permanent DC feature, if there is ANY way to bring it back. I got spoiled so fast, and miss it terribly when breeding a new pair for the first time.

Sigh.... it was such a Brilliant addon too, I don't fully understand why it had to be removed? Any that mods can explain?

I agree... I don't really understand - I guess the only real reason I can think of is load, but loading multiple lineage pages at once on multiple dragons to see which to breed probably generates more sad.gif

Yes, inbreeding by chance is really annoying, and putting them in the inbred checker is too much clickwork, I had a seemingly perfect pair for silver breeding - and what was it: they were halfsiblings, though I'm usually so careful in naming, to avoid mistakes like that, since I know, if I abbandon them, they'll end up killed.

I don't mind farer inbreedings up the line so much, but it annys me, if I make the same careless mistakes.

Best would be, if mother, father or half/siblings don't show up in the breeding possibilities at all, or if they'd automatically refuse.

Edited by Aresa

I would trade anything to have this enabled. I absolutely loved the EATW addon and I'm really missing it already. It was so convenient to be able check a potential lineage on the breedpage, instead of having to look through all my dragons' lineages one at a time to find the right mate. I would really like this back ASAP.

Yesterday I was thinking about it, you know..? It's very useful when you don't know what dragon do you want, or if you want even gens etc.

biggrin.gif

Now that I currently only breed my metallics and I have quite too many of them, I'd love this feature.

I just would have to open too many tabs at once, and this slows down everything. So I support.

I'd love a breeding preview, I miss the EATW one. If the inbreeding warning can't be accepted because the site doesn't want to care about inbreeding (even if a lot of us do), I'd still love a preview without it.

I don't know if I've posted here before but I hadn't voted. YES I want this! Almost every time I breed I find at least one pair where I'm about to click the mate and then I'm like, "Wait...am I sure that's the right one? maybe I should check..." and I can't right click->open new tab!

YES

I would love a breeding preview. I miss EATW :'(

I would love having a select button for which dragons I want to show up in breeding que.

though I memorize the names of the dragons that are a breeding pair , though when I want to switch mates I don't like having to go look for the right one. I think a smaller list would be good. Like you could select which dragons show up in que for which one that auto removes refusals so you don't try them again

Yes, this. I was breeding dragons yesterday, and had to keep at least five tabs open at all times:

1. scroll I was choosing dragons to breed from

2. breeding dragon's page

3. scroll I was looking up dragons' potential partners from

4. potential breeding partner's page

5. inbred checker webpage

At least to be able to see the -code- of the potential partner on the breeding page would help; then I wouldn't have to go look the dragons up at all, I could just put both the codes into the inbreeding checker.

Directed to this thread per SPS.

Plus looking among hundreds of dragons for mates for new dragons, not remembering lineages/commitments for each without looking for and finding however many dragons on the breeding page in the various pages of one's scroll on EXTRA pages, and doing this over and over again - even with mates chosen already, as eggs are so often not produced to place them at the top of the page to be easily located/remembered.

People who (try to, lol) breed a lot are wasting hours of what should be playing (or doing-RL-things) time, perhaps even on a daily basis, due to the lack of clickable links on the breeding page, and it's no fun at all...

Especially when having too many extra pages up may result in one's puter 'fainting' and losing the lot.

Pleeeeeease let us have access to dragon's info from the breeding page, TJ?

Is it such a pain to code?

*has no idea, as a technological illiterate*

I'm completely in favor of this. I remember needing to breed all my blacks to complete my side of a trade and though the person didn't really care about lineage, I wanted to make sure the eggs I bred weren't going to be in-bred (unfortunately, most of my blacks are descended from my first pair so tongue.gif). This feature would've been very welcome, to say the least. x3

I really like this idea. I usually have to have the breeding page open and then another page where I can click on the dragons to see their lineage to make sure I'm not inbreeding accidentally!

Oh please, please I would be so happy if this was the case. I cannot tell you how many times I've clicked on the dragons expecting it to bring me to their page only to be cruelly reminded that it's not how it works. I really want this to be a thing. Please, TJ?

I am all for a clickable lineage link.

It can get annoying to go back to my scroll and look up the dragon every time I need to verify its lineage.

It shouldn't be too hard to code: the dragon's image can link to its view page or its lineage page.

Edited by miladyz

I am all for a clickable lineage link.

It can get annoying to go back to my scroll and look up the dragon every time I need to verify its lineage.

It shouldn't be too hard to code: the dragon's image can link to its view page or its lineage page.

An excellent point!

Please, TJ, if it's at all feasible and not too terribly much hassle for you, may we pretty-please, with flying pancakes and syrup on top, have links to the dragon's lineages on our breeding pages?

Lineage preview! Lineage preview! Have one pop up on the "If you're sure, type in passowrd/BREED" page, as one last double-check. There ARE times when you think you've got the right dragons and have counted out the generations perfectly to match, but actually you're breeding a 5th gen EG with a 6th gen EG and don't know it until you have the egg. A preview would prevent SO MANY misbreedings.

Lineage preview! Lineage preview! Have one pop up on the "If you're sure, type in passowrd/BREED" page, as one last double-check. There ARE times when you think you've got the right dragons and have counted out the generations perfectly to match, but actually you're breeding a 5th gen EG with a 6th gen EG and don't know it until you have the egg. A preview would prevent SO MANY misbreedings.

As long as it is clickable, not hoverable !