Psychic Werewolf

ANSWERED:Breeding Links/Clickable Dragon for Breeding

I like the idea of have the breed page be clickable. I end up, as others have already mentioned, opening a second window so I can scroll down to check the lineage of the dragon I am planning on pairing with the one in my first window. I don't always take the last successful partner that shows up at the top of the breed list.

Yes! I don't know how many times I've tried to click on the image on the breed page and it wasn't clickable eergghh!

Edited by Arwen17

Yes, please! Yes, please! Yes, please! Yes, please! Yes, please! Yes, please! Yes, please! Yes, please! etc.

What about just adding a mouseover effect that would show the first 4 gens of the lineage in a text format instead? could even just have it to show a shrunk version of the 'lineage/xxxx' page

Not being a coder I wouldn't know, but I'd think it'd be easier to just link the dragons to the view page than add a brand new mouseover feature of their lineage page. It might just be me, but I find mouseovers a bit annoying. And for those with slow connections, if they accidentally moused over 5 dragons, that'd bog them down for so long. :|

If inbreeding doesn't bother you or you aren't interested in lineages, this may not be of interest. This is about making the breeding sprites link to each's lineage page.

When I attempt breeding, I always have to open two tabs or windows to see the lineage of the other dragon I'm interested in breeding to, because it may be a relative of the dragon I'm breeding.

It would just be nicer to be able to click the sprite to get to the lineage page of each dragon (even if it came up in a different tab/window) rather than opening another tab to my scroll, scrolling down to find the dragon I am interested in, going to its View page, and opening its lineage link, just to see if it's related to the dragon I'm breeding it to.

This may be a lot of coding, but it would make my life and many other peoples' lives a lot easier.

Example: My golds are related to some of my vines, yet I like to breed golds to vines, they seem to go together well, but finding/remembering which ones aren't related gets to be a hassle. It would be nice, if, when I'm breeding a gold, I could just click on the Vine I'm wanting, see in another tab that the two dragons are related, X the tab and try another Vine.

Situations like this are why I'd like to see this implemented. The lineage page could link to the dragon's name or the sprite itself on the breeding page. Even if the sprite linked to the View page of that dragon, it would make the process shorter.

Discuss? Anyone interested in seeing this?

Mmm... I like the idea. I never used to care, but now sometimes I want to breed specifically for the look of a certain lineage, or I want to try to breed an egg to trade or gift, and it would be much easier this way.

As long as it wasn't too much trouble to code, I'd like to see a feature like this implemented. :3

I'd like this feature as well. I don't mind inbreeding but I'd still like to see the lineages easier when breeding.

I think this would be very helpful. It would make it easier to be sure you were selecting the mate you intended. When you have hundreds of dragons on your scroll you don't always remember the lineages of all of them just by seeing their name!

Pretty please!!! Yes!!!

That would make the world of difference is so many situations.

I've never been able to figure out why breeding-page dragons weren't linked to lineage pages, unless it's difficult doing that?

Even more so when people may not be able to support another page without risking computer collapse and have to dodge in and out checking numbers of generations, and whether dragons have the lineage they were thought to have, etc...

Even with only a few hundred dragons, even when scrolling isn't at an absolute snail's pace - major freaking pain, especially when people are waiting.

I'd be for this one as well, with the number of dragons on my scroll, that is a few less clicks I need to make to track down who needs to breed with whom.

Just as a random thought though, what about a "preview lineage" option, where you click an option to see the potential lineage (with a placeholder for the actual egg since the species is unknown at that point) on the breeding page? This would be in addition to the normal breed button, so those who don't want to use it don't get inconvenienced. This could even have a "Breed" button on this one, so that anyone, if they wished, could look at the lineage and decide whether or not to breed. Now this would be a little harder to code I'd imagine than a simple show lineage button, so if it were trouble, this idea could be ignored, but, it would let lineage breeders always double check that they didn't accidentally choose the wrong mate, and that the line looks as they would expect.

Thoughts?

I'd be for this one as well, with the number of dragons on my scroll, that is a few less clicks I need to make to track down who needs to breed with whom.

Just as a random thought though, what about a "preview lineage" option, where you click an option to see the potential lineage (with a placeholder for the actual egg since the species is unknown at that point) on the breeding page? This would be in addition to the normal breed button, so those who don't want to use it don't get inconvenienced. This could even have a "Breed" button on this one, so that anyone, if they wished, could look at the lineage and decide whether or not to breed. Now this would be a little harder to code I'd imagine than a simple show lineage button, so if it were trouble, this idea could be ignored, but, it would let lineage breeders always double check that they didn't accidentally choose the wrong mate, and that the line looks as they would expect.

Thoughts?

Oh, I like that idea! It's nice!

Oh yes! I agree with Pyrohydra's idea about a preview view! That would be especially helpful to me when I am breeding dragons that are not even generations. It is sometimes hard to picture ahead of time what those lineages will look like and I like to make pretty lineages even when they are not even ones.

Edited by purplehaze

Thoughts?

^ This.

Then you could check whether you're breeding to the correct dragon in many circumstances, and...it'd just be so useful!

I've never been able to figure out why breeding-page dragons weren't linked to lineage pages, unless it's difficult doing that?

This. Linking to the view page just makes sense. Lineage makes even more sense, now that it's an available.

... what about a "preview lineage" option, where you click an option to see the potential lineage (with a placeholder for the actual egg since the species is unknown at that point) on the breeding page?

And this. It's been asked for several times, but this seems like the most logical implementation, and would (still) be incredibly useful.

This. Linking to the view page just makes sense. Lineage makes even more sense, now that it's an available.

And this. It's been asked for several times, but this seems like the most logical implementation, and would (still) be incredibly useful.

I hadn't seen the previous requests, though it doesn't surprise me it has been debated before, as you said, I think it would be incredibly useful. Well, we can always hope it might even already be in the works, I remember a progeny tool being discussed here long before it was added to the cave.

Both the "preview lineage" or linking to the dragons in any way from the breed page would be immensely helpful for me. Even if it's just a view link, not a lineage link. It's an immense hassle to have to open a dozen pages on the side to look at lineages and inbred checkers and compatibility records and scroll through everything looking for specific ones. I'd love either option :3

bump

i dont think its hard to code

making it the view page might make it more consistent with all the other dragon images but lineage page is just as good

i find i spend a lot of unnecessary time clicking through to find the potential dragon mate on the scroll page

would like to see this implemented!

Speaking as a person who recently fouled up and bred a Holiday to the wrong Black dragon, mixing it up with another Black of a similar name, thereby making the person I'd bred for wait even longer since my dragons aren't the most eager producers to begin with: I do strongly feel that lineage pages would be much better than view pages, especially if linked with the View page as well in the ordinary manner.

That way, we could see gens and patterns right off the hop, when we needed to...

I suppost this. I usually keep the scroll open on another tab while I'm breeding but it would be easier to be able to simply click on the image. Maybe clicking on the image causes a new window to open to the dargon's view page? Then you don't have to backspace.