Psychic Werewolf

ANSWERED:Breeding Links/Clickable Dragon for Breeding

Oh my GOODNESS why do we not have this yet?

Seriously. It would make my life so much easier. Like many others, I either have to open my scroll in a new tab, search for the dragon I want, and open that lineage to make sure it's the one I want. I've tried to keep spreadsheets for ease-of-breeding but that's even more of a hassle.

WANT. NEED.

Oh god, yes please. It has always been annoying to me that I can't immediately check someone's lineage straight from that Action, especially if I'm just experimenting with pairs that haven't bred before. Keeping extra tabs open isn't so hard, but it's bothersome to suddenly realize "wait, would these dragons look good together? I think they have a similar checker," and then have to go find that dragon in my scroll to double-check before breeding.

And then when I accidentally breed the wrong pair for a lineage, and forget about it so I automatically breed them again later just because they're at the top of each others' lists... while that would be improved with the suggestion to remove/edit breeding lists, having a link there to quickly make sure they're correct would also be a way to help.

Thanks, Socky! smile.gif

I've never been able to figure out why the (edit: breeding) page is the only place where the dragon images don't give access to their lineages - this would save so many people so many hours of searching through thousands of dragons for suitable mates!

And on older computers, having to have the extra scroll pages up and loading can add a strain...

Edited by Syphoneira

Please, yes! I always try to click them to make sure I am breeding the right one. >_>

Support. I always try and click them on the breed page!

Support smile.gif I would love to check it like that, I got many eggs from wrong parents because I thought they were the right one to breed, but I didn't search all pages of my scroll to check lineage of the second dragon - you can't be sure at what page it is when you look at breeding mates smile.gif With this it would be much easier to do smile.gif

I would love lineage links on the dragons on the breed page smile.gif

Or more like if it has lineage and the breeding with other dragon who has lineage too it could say "are you sure you want to breed with this dragon it will be messy lineage (yes \ no)"

"are you sure you want to breed with this dragon it will be inborn(has the same father mother already form same lineage) (yes \ no)"

Also would be nice to give % of possibility of the witch egg will be given mother or father sutch as example 10% fathher (gold) and 90% Mother (black tea)

Also would be nice to give % of possibility of the witch egg will be given mother or father sutch as example 10% fathher (gold) and 90% Mother (black tea)

I don't think that's going to happen but this belongs in its own thread, anyway. Please suggest new ideas in new threads. ^^

Or more like if it has lineage and the breeding with other dragon who has lineage too it could say "are you sure you want to breed with this dragon it will be messy lineage (yes \ no)"

"are you sure you want to breed with this dragon it will be inborn(has the same father mother already form same lineage) (yes \ no)"

Would that message appear every time you bred a lineaged dragon with another lineaged dragon? If not, how would the site determine what to define as "messy"? And sometimes breeding a CB dragon with a lineaged dragon can create what I consider a messy lineage, so would that trigger a message, too?

Besides, some people love messy and/or inbred lineages. Who is to judge that those should be singled out for warning? I would much rather see clickable links for the prospective mates and let us make our own judgements about which to select.

Would that message appear every time you bred a lineaged dragon with another lineaged dragon? If not, how would the site determine what to define as "messy"? And sometimes breeding a CB dragon with a lineaged dragon can create what I consider a messy lineage, so would that trigger a message, too?

Besides, some people love messy and/or inbred lineages. Who is to judge that those should be singled out for warning? I would much rather see clickable links for the prospective mates and let us make our own judgements about which to select.

Well in my understanding messy lineage would be if u try breed together 2 different lineages witch would have different dragons like ln 1 (mother gold father gold 3rd gen) and ln2 (mother black father sky wing 3rd gen) that way lineage would appear messy but as there is used 3 or more dragons in ln completely

Well thats why it has yes/no meaning:

1. yes you don't care of warning and wish to continue

2. no you care and wish to breed with right dragon (if you have)

If not, how would the site determine what to define as "messy"? And sometimes breeding a CB dragon with a lineaged dragon can create what I consider a messy lineage, so would that trigger a message, too?

There are people who make lineage projects of the ln witch you may think are messy so cb bred with ln is not messy unless you adding 3 dragons in case if its not specified to breed the dragon you are planning to have ln like eliment of creativity, it will give 1 warning when you make lineage but if you for exaple wish to make ln Eliment of Creativity and Black alt then in first gen of the parents it will ask for "are you sure"

Other way to actually see witch ones are messy is have a name option to ln itself witch would appier as family name to all dragons that way (family names can be revelently same with others if so since there are posibilities and projects so if you breed 2 ln of same name it would not be considered messy by your standarts if wished and if they all are unnamed and site thinks it might be messy it will ask

Edited by Akiresa

Me too. We are told over and over - and I ABSOLUTELY agree - that inbreeding and non-EG lines are perfectly fine and there is no disadvantage or stigma The idea of being warned against what we planned to do is anathema to me. If I were to get a "warning" every time I add to this splendid line

http://dragcave.net/lineage/pcguo

I would be EXTREMELY annoyed.

We are surely not so stupid that we have to be told a line is going to be "messy". Making sure you pick the dragon you intended to pick is one thing; being told what we might get is QUITE another. "Handholding" is not needed here. If you click to check what dragon you are going to breed with and it's the one you meant to breed with - that is QUITE enough.

Me too. We are told over and over - and I ABSOLUTELY agree - that inbreeding and non-EG lines are perfectly fine and there is no disadvantage or stigma The idea of being warned against what we planned to do is anathema to me. If I were to get a "warning" every time I add to this splendid line

http://dragcave.net/lineage/pcguo

I would be EXTREMELY annoyed.

We are surely not so stupid that we have to be told a line is going to be "messy". Making sure you pick the dragon you intended to pick is one thing; being told what we might get is QUITE another. "Handholding" is not needed here. If you click to check what dragon you are going to breed with and it's the one you meant to breed with - that is QUITE enough.

I dont see how that would be given that called warning if u read previous answer as it is only 2 dragon pyramid and wouldnt be understood as warning but if people would be wished to have this the option should be able to be disabled if it is disliked

I dont see how that would be given that called warning if u read previous answer as it is only 2 dragon pyramid and wouldnt be understood as warning but if people would be wished to have this the option should be able to be disabled if it is disliked

It's ever so slightly inbred. You said we should have an inbreeding "warning".

Anyway - if you want to see a line in advance, run it through AOND. THet shows the lineage and the inbreeding. If people cannot work out what line they are going to get without a "warning" and are going to WORRY about not being able to have the site hold their little hands so they don't MAKE A MISTAKE, they had better not breed.

Well i just dropped idea it might be liked for those with 10000 of dragons since they might think its right dragon but lineage would end up inbred or messed up ^^ i tried giving idea to help^^

I have almost 4000 dragons. If I go to breed one, sure, it is occasionally necessary to click back to check for sure which one I meant to breed to - but as long as I get the right one, I don't need to be told what it will give me. I planned to breed Albert to - wait - who was it again ? - OK - Anastasia - there she is in the list; click; egg (or refusal - but there you go xd.png).

I think most people here will feel the same, honestly. We had a whole thread about a possible pop up "warning" and very VERY few people were even slightly interested - I imagine that is why it has vanished off the bottom of the suggestions list.

here it is:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=140990

Closed by TJ in 2012.

I quote an excellent post from there in terms of inbreds - it applies equally to any breed attempt:

A breeder should be responsible for their own lines instead of expecting the site to be responsible. Picking the correct mate is part of the challenge of breeding and I don't feel that the site should spoon feed you and take that responsibility away. I can honestly say that I have never inbred unless it was on purpose, but I have accidentally bred a third gen to a second or fourth gen by mistake. You lose that week of breeding but you learn to be more careful next time.

Is it really that difficult to be a responsible breeder? Do you really need to have everything simplified when already all we do is click a button? Put forth the effort of clicking one more button and going to a fan site if you're worried about mates causing an inbred offspring. Take pride in creating something that took a little effort on your part instead of looking for the easy way out. Right now creating a long clean line is something to be proud of because of the effort involved; remove that effort and the skill because much less impressive.

A lineage link to the existing dragons, on the breed page, would be just perfect for us to be "responsible" breeders laugh.gif (what's to be responsible about pixels anyway?!)

(I think I'd have gotten 12 inbreeding warnings for this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/6XBgZ - 6 times for each CB involved (yes, I'm rather proud of that line and like to present whenever it seems to fit xd.png))

Edited by Ruby Eyes

A lineage link to the existing dragons, on the breed page, would be just perfect for us to be "responsible" breeders laugh.gif (what's to be responsible about pixels anyway?!)

(I think I'd have gotten 12 inbreeding warnings for this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/6XBgZ - 6 times for each CB involved (yes, I'm rather proud of that line and like to present whenever it seems to fit xd.png))

Oh GOD I WANT one.... Please ? smile.gif

But yes - do you think we need to be warned if we are about to create a lineage like this ?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/g6oN0

(Which was dumped in the AP... and I loved the ono bit of the code !)

Or this ?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/oEKJj

Why ?

Well in my understanding messy lineage would be if u try breed together 2 different lineages witch would have different dragons like ln 1 (mother gold father gold 3rd gen) and ln2 (mother black father sky wing 3rd gen) that way lineage would appear messy but as there is used 3 or more dragons in ln completely

Your definition of messy is obviously very different from mine, and there is the problem. Whose definition of messy would be used? Is this lineage to be considered messy because it has more than 2 breeds of dragon? But I will say no more. As you say, it was just a thought. smile.gif