TJ09

05/22/10 - State of the Cave

I'm already in the free RP and am anticipating RPing in it ^^

Hopefully the new dragons will come out after next week. That's when summer starts for me laugh.gif All nighters hunting for dragons, ho yeah!

I just tried that progeny tool. It's great, and really cool smile.gif

I think I know one of the new breed to be released, which makes me really excited!

Regarding the previous detailed comments and suggestions made in relation to the hunting problem:

it seems to me that we finally have enough variety in commons that we don't need to have the ultra-commons blocking the Drops anymore 'for a challenge'.

Even if it was too complicated to try to match individual Dropped sprite proportions to player demand levels,

if all commons were dropped on an equal basis,

with graduated extra quantities of the last 2 or 3 Releases and of a few sprites desirable for BSA's, etc.,

(excluding the Midwinter Madness Release, since everyone who's been here more than a month or so has had ample opportunity to obtain the dragons from this, and those present at the time have typically loaded up on all they want of these)

everything would be available at all seasons and times to those who wanted them and were willing/able to hunt,

without everyone/everything bogging down in mass quantities of ultra-commons people typically already have enough of, but which obscure the commons (and others) more typically wanted in the currently often slow-moving crowd.

With faster-moving drops having a variety of desirable eggs (as greatly reduced numbers of then-ex-ultra-commons could then be filling an actual demand rather than blocking traffic) it would then be possible to increase the number of eggs Dropped.

Obviously, demand for a variety of desirable (because at appropriate levels) eggs cannot be exceeded by even unlimited Drops whenever the Cave isn't blocked by the AP, as the eggs simply would not be taken, and - importantly - no more would be produced by the Cave at that point, a situation entirely different than that of the AP, supplied only by the abandons (and trades and gifts passing though) of the players.

This seems to me to be the most logical and straightforward - and actual - solution, one which adversely affects no-one, so far as I can tell, and should cause no disruption/alteration (or additional server strain) beyond that of creating a freely-flowing Cave Drop situation where eggs actually wanted by someone or other can be found at all times, and where all eggs can be sought and eventually found without endless refreshing on the same few sorts of eggs most people really don't want any more of...

LMAO I am still trying to get a Nebula from the last one

But I can't wait!

As a noob I don't have much progeny to check with the tool, but I love the way it shows me my dragon's ancestor's progeny, worked perfectly for me.

I haven't gotten a single mod mayhem egg yet since I'm still learning but I love 98% of the dragons I've seen so far and I'm sure I'll love seeing the new ones at the different hatcheries too. smile.gif

This has probably been suggested before, but-how about all eggs in the cave that aren't picked up after a certain amount of time go straight to the AP?

Also, yay, new releases!

Can't find roleplay thing, where is it?

At the bottom of the page, under the other Roleplay sections. It has its own section.

Hurray for the new installments, and the new dragons that may be released! biggrin.gif!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about splitting the cave, but right now I'm leaning more towards no.

I would prefer having certain breeds available only at certain times.

As great as having different breeds available at different times is, I think because of the timezone thing it may become a problem for some users.

Also, with the more popular breeds, everyone might go to the cave at the same time and potentially make the site lag more.

I personally love the idea of the more dimensions of the cave biggrin.gif

One of my famous dumb questions - what the heck is SMG2?

*prepares palm for forehead impact and readies 'doh' production facilities*

I'd also like to know this lol

Edited by dragonico

Thank you TJ! Now I have to look that my Scroll will be free. smile.gif

SMG 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2 video game available on Tuesday ohmy.gif

I kinda like the different areas of the cave idea-- as long as metallics are in one zone only laugh.gif

It would be nice to go to where the dragons you are looking for are, or hunt them all wink.gif

I assume the AP would cover all the zones unsure.gif

This has probably been suggested before, but-how about all eggs in the cave that aren't picked up after a certain amount of time go straight to the AP?

Also, yay, new releases!

Because then it will block the cave.

Like I don't spend enough time stalking the cave and AP! xd.png

Thank you, O Master of the Awesomeness!

Other than Negected (and the Summoned) I have almost my total scroll goal (which is why there are new eggs coming out wink.gif) Can't wait for the new eggs

Excited for the new release, but it's going to be hell if it's anything like the last one. Perhaps the "fix" should be implemented BEFORE adding more dragons to the site?

YAY FOR EVERYTHING!

TODAY IS AWSOME!

MY TRIOS AREN'T QUITE AS EVIL AS I THOUGH!

I'm getting of topic. But great anyway.

EDIT: Topped.

Edited by -platinum-draco-

I wonder if, in regards to the quantity of breeds making it difficult to collect at the cave, the problem might be alleviated somewhat by adding a second row of three eggs...or even a third, giving the main cave more space to flow eggs through it. Just a thought...

I'm happy about a new release but I'm still finding it impossible -- literally -- to get several of the Mod Mayhem eggs. Perhaps more of those could be released? Yes, I know there are reasons not to but I'm just asking. Nicely. Pleeeease.

SMG 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2  video game available on Tuesday ohmy.gif  ...

Thanks, I appreciate the info - I was thinking it was something to do with DC, probably something very obvious...

Lucky I came here nuts, and didn't have to drive.

Edited by Syphoneira