TJ09

05/22/10 - State of the Cave

I love the Seperate areas of the cave idea! I hope TJ will consider it. smile.gif I wish all this could come today or next Friday when I get back from Outdoor Ed. with no electronics allowed. sad.gif I'm gonna miss out on the first day of new stuff. sad.gif

Edited by Gemini8910

For those users who are talking about the possibility of breeds being retired, relax. That isn't going to happen.

As for the ideas going around in regards to what TJ mentioned, trust me. They are excellent ideas and I am sure that you will be pleased with them. The spriters for one are very excited about what is to come.

In short, don't stress or worry. smile.gif

Thanks! That's good to know. I've just started a lineage with some of the older dragons. biggrin.gif

...I'd like to see the cave become more 3 dimensional. Having options at the cave entrance for things like "Move deeper into the cave", "Move down towards the lake", or "Climb up to the rocky cliff" , where you would be more likely to find a certain breed type would be appealing to me...

This is an awesome idea! I hope it's similar to what TJ and the spriters are considering.

SMG2 + New Dragons in the same week? *head asplodes*

One of my famous dumb questions - what the heck is SMG2?

*prepares palm for forehead impact and readies 'doh' production facilities*

I'd like to see the cave become more 3 dimensional. Having options at the cave entrance for things like "Move deeper into the cave", "Move down towards the lake", or "Climb up to the rocky cliff" , where you would be more likely to find a certain breed type would be appealing to me.

Separating them by when they were released might work too, but then you can expect only the spot with the newest releases to get the majority of "traffic". Keeping the Rares rare and not having just one place to look for metallics might also be a challenge. Though keeping them with the old breeds might help. I look forward to seeing what ideas are released for review.

Oh dude. Duuude. This would be awesome. :o

Splitting the cave would be sweet. One shouldn't be finding Deep Sea and Daydream eggs in the same place anyways, xd.png

More eggies!!! ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif I still only have 2/4 dragons from the Mayhem. This. Is. Gonna. Be. AWESOMENESS!!

Squee! New dragons! biggrin.gif I like the new progeny tool, too! smile.gif Oh, I like that idea about the cave being more 3D, that would rock! smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

That neotropical looks really cool on a t-shirt I have to say laugh.gif

I still haven't recovered from MM but new dragons are always good and the progeny tool is nice. Thank you!

May Dragon Release

If everything goes well, expect a release containing 3 or 4 new breeds sometime in the next week.

Dealing with increasing numbers of breeds

As more and more releases occur, it's pretty obvious that the increasing variety of dragons makes it harder to collect them all. We're developing a number of solutions to this problem, and once we think we have the best possible options we'll present them to you and gather user feedback.

<3

Everything else sounds awesome too! I'm especially glad we're getting a progeny tool, should be interesting!

This is cool i havent gptten any from the last drop so hopefully I can get some from this one =)

I'd like to see the cave become more 3 dimensional. Having options at the cave entrance for things like "Move deeper into the cave", "Move down towards the lake", or "Climb up to the rocky cliff" , where you would be more likely to find a certain breed type would be appealing to me.

Separating them by when they were released might work too, but then you can expect only the spot with the newest releases to get the majority of "traffic". Keeping the Rares rare and not having just one place to look for metallics might also be a challenge. Though keeping them with the old breeds might help. I look forward to seeing what ideas are released for review.

Why i am the only one who doesn't like the idea? 0_o Yes the basic idea is good, to make things easier to find, but making kind of '3 caves' sounds too much like UniCreatures or Mythical Moments. I just dislike it.

Maybe the reason is also that i have almost all breeds, well, all commons/uncommons at least. And i don't like idea that you could find rares not 1 but 3 places. Yes, no chance for me at least. At least now when is 1 place to look there is some kind of chance (well not really, but tiny one).

Why i am the only one who doesn't like the idea? 0_o Yes the basic idea is good, to make things easier to find, but making kind of '3 caves' sounds too much like UniCreatures or Mythical Moments. I just dislike it.

I'm not sure how I feel about splitting the cave, but right now I'm leaning more towards no.

I would prefer having certain breeds available only at certain times.

This is cool i havent gptten any from the last drop so hopefully I can get some from this one =)

same but I haven't gotten much from the drop before it either. just one and that was from an ap drop no one wanted.

Thanks for the updates Teej =3

Now let's see about making moar merch ;D

Why i am the only one who doesn't like the idea?

I don't know. Maybe you're not. Maybe you're just the first to voice it.

0_o Yes the basic idea is good, to make things easier to find, but making kind of '3 caves' sounds too much like UniCreatures or Mythic Moments. I just dislike it.

Never heard of those. It was just a thought. TJ and the gang likely have better things in mind anyway.

Maybe the reason is also that i have almost all breeds, well, all commons/uncommons at least. And i don't like idea that you could find rares not 1 but 3 places. Yes, no chance for me at least. At least now when is 1 place to look there is some kind of chance (well not really, but tiny one).

I have everything I want too, short of a CB silver female and hollies, and I didn't mean to suggest that Rares would be available in all areas, though someone may have added that thought. I wouldn't suggest anything that would make them more or less rare than they are. Though reducing the number of egg descriptions you're likely to see while looking for them may make them a bit easier, it shouldn't make them more common. I agree they should only "drop" in one of the locations if such an idea were to be considered.