TJ09

05/22/10 - State of the Cave

Thanks for all the Hard work TJ and Everyone has put into the site its an amazing place

Thanks, TJ.

You are the best! You already knew that, didn't you?

I would love to see 2 or 3 days of the newest ones, to give more people a shot at getting them.

I had no problem, but my nephews still don't have all the MM's.

Great!

My preferred solution to the increasing number of breeds is to increase the number of slots each player has for adoption by two. This would enable everyone, even new players, to keep up with all the new breeds better, and also keep the AP from becoming too full or unmanageable.

Since special dragons are all scroll-limited anyway, I don't think it would create a hoarding problem.

New dragons? But TJ . . . .!

Oh well, who cares if I am still collecting dragons from the last two releases? New dragons will be sweet!

And I love the progeny tool.

Can't wait to see what is proposed to deal with increased number of breeds. I hope it will not cause more problems than it solves!

Thanks for working so hard on all of this!

Yay new dragons!! Now if only I knew the EXACT day and time it starts........

Hmmm I've been gone from this forum because I've been reading fanfiction like I did before coming here (It's really fun too me). Anyways I am hoping for some Wyrms in the release along with some Eastern Dragons (Thos are the serpentine ones right?). I love wingless dragons especially if they have antlers and whiskers rolleyes.gif

I'm sure it's already been suggested, but I still have to put in my two cents' worth for the notion of retiring older breeds. (Hey, it worked for Beanie Babies. wink.gif)

In all seriousness, retiring breeds from the cave entrance after a year or two, but leaving them available to breed more of their kind would 1) increase chances of catching newer breeds at the cave mouth after the initial release flood ends, 2) still allow completionists (like myself, heh) to get more of a certain breed by trading with breeders, and 3) generate more love for the AP.

I really like this idea because not only would the old breeds still be around, but it would really further love of the ap and further love of multi generational eggys...slow the "it must be caveborn" ideal down a little. not that caveborn is bad or anything, jsut make the bred a little more well liked.

I for one if this was the case would breed for whatever person asked me too, even random commons.

I am hoping for some 'red' colored dragons.

I started a mixed stripe project and only three dragons bred with stripes will result in a red stripe, balloon,red and holly! We need more red dragons huh.gif

This is an awesome idea! I hope it's similar to what TJ and the spriters are considering.

Yep! More exciting. Definitely like it! But then again, a whole lot of stuff comes with it: maybe a map? That would be cool!

I can not wait for the new dragons!

But I do not have time to collect old)

Thanks T.J.!

I really like this idea because not only would the old breeds still be around, but it would really further love of the ap and further love of multi generational eggys...slow the "it must be caveborn" ideal down a little. not that caveborn is bad or anything, jsut make the bred a little more well liked.

I for one if this was the case would breed for whatever person asked me too, even random commons.

QUOTE (Evilminion @ May 22 2010, 04:11 PM)

I'm sure it's already been suggested, but I still have to put in my two cents' worth for the notion of retiring older breeds. (Hey, it worked for Beanie Babies. wink.gif)

In all seriousness, retiring breeds from the cave entrance after a year or two, but leaving them available to breed more of their kind would 1) increase chances of catching newer breeds at the cave mouth after the initial release flood ends, 2) still allow completionists (like myself, heh) to get more of a certain breed by trading with breeders, and 3) generate more love for the AP. QUOTE

Sorry the quotes went wonky.

Nope... don't like that idea. Many people including me use CBs for their projects. And I know I'm not the only player who dislikes messy long lineaged and possibility inbred eggs.

Not only that you're going to get the new players upset that they can't collect CBs of certain common dragons.

Edited by Dragonbox

Oh yay! New dragons! biggrin.gif

I haven't played with the progeny tool yet; but anyway, thank you, TJ. smile.gif

QUOTE (Evilminion @ May 22 2010, 04:11 PM)

In all seriousness, retiring breeds from the cave entrance after a year or two, but leaving them available to breed more of their kind would 1) increase chances of catching newer breeds at the cave mouth after the initial release flood ends, 2) still allow completionists (like myself, heh) to get more of a certain breed by trading with breeders, and 3) generate more love for the AP. QUOTE

Sorry the quotes went wonky.

Nope... don't like that idea. Many people including me use CBs for their projects. And I know I'm not the only player who dislikes messy long lineaged and possibility inbred eggs.

Not only that you're going to get the new players upset that they can't collect CBs of certain common dragons.

What about reducing the number of CBs for older breeds, but not retiring them altogether? Make them about as common at the Cave Entrance as the Uncommons, so that the people who want them can still get them, but they aren't clogging up everything. Right now whenever I go to the cave entrance there's almost always a ton of older-type eggs sitting there for minutes at a time and 150 people or so refreshing constantly to get the eggs they actually want. If these CBs were actually wanted people would be snagging them right and left, but they aren't.

Also, I disagree with your contention that long lineaged dragons are worth less than short-lineaged dragons. I actually like long lineaged dragons, they're much more interesting to look at then short lineaged dragons (which I think are rather boring). I'm much more likely to dump an egg I picked up off the AP if it has a short lineage.

No breeds are going to be retired.

Alrighty? :3

No breeds are going to be retired.

Alrighty? :3

I figured as much.

I trust you spriters. You're all pretty bright. biggrin.gif

*wants the new dragons*

i'm curious what they will be like ^^

and the "too-many-breeds-problem":

i don't know if someone has already suggested such a thing, but what about giving every mystery egg a set time, maybe 10 seconds, that it shows in the cave and can be adopted. then the egg would disappear, if nobody likes it, and others show up. because i often see that the eggs sit in the cave for ages and nobody wants them, and during this time the other breeds cannot be adopted. i think this is annoying and surely it's not only me feeling like this ...

Edited by Salamiwaffel

Love the new tool, new neotropical stuff, and cant wait for the release if it happens, though im having a tough time staying unlocked with all these breeds being dangled in front of my eyes! xd.png

I'd like to see the cave become more 3 dimensional. Having options at the cave entrance for things like "Move deeper into the cave", "Move down towards the lake", or "Climb up to the rocky cliff" , where you would be more likely to find a certain breed type would be appealing to me. 

Separating them by when they were released might work too, but then you can expect only the spot with the newest releases to get the majority of "traffic". Keeping the Rares rare and not having just one place to look for metallics might also be a challenge. Though keeping them with the old breeds might help. I look forward to seeing what ideas are released for review.

I still like this idea best.

At least nobody will be complaining that they cant find, say, a water dragon because the pinks/mints are blocking (if they went to view "the Lake"), or that they cant find a red egg because Water walkers and Waterhorses are blocking the cave.

Other idea's

throw eggs that are blocking the cave ibto AP after X time: will cause AP block

Have them dissapear after X time: somone comes into cave and sees egg they wanted, they click on the egg but dont get it because it "ran out of time".

Retire old breeds: you WANT to pick a fight? Be my guest. *pats poor retired frills*

Retire old breeds from cave drops: you then are putting new players and people who like to collect CB's at a disadvantage. Just because you have your quota of them, doesn't mean everyone has, or that everyone else should settle for bred eggs when they wanted CB's.

Reduce number of CB's droped of older common breeds: this could work, if it's even possible to code.

(edit for spelling fail)

Edited by Zephyr_Drake