bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

I'm still just getting the site down page, none of the other pages are showing. I'm really missing the site, since I'm not getting the balance of views I want with all the sites I'm currently juggling. sad.gif

I use scroll stats and lineages / inbred checker a lot. Are those broken ?

Unfortunately, yes. They use the API to get scroll/dragon info, and since something with the host is (still...) preventing AoND from talking to DC, the API stuff isn't working. The Trackers and the Clock only work because they're entirely AoND-based, with no checks to DC at all.

Right now, I'm waiting to hear back from Agrona about the last couple ideas I had about what may be wrong. I know she was dealing with some real life issues a while ago; she may still be. Once she gets back to me, we'll figure out where to go from there.

Could you perhaps put links to the bits that are up an running either in the first post or on the current page that comes up on the site in place of the broken pages? Maybe in both places? I've only got one bookmark to the Daycare page and used to get to the other pages from there. But now I can't.

Thanks so much. biggrin.gif

Hi bbik, thanks for all your effort in trying to get AoND back online. I know hosts trying to pass the buck on blame is a pain and I hope you get it sorted. Like others, I can't access the pages on AoND that are still up; I go to the main page and I get the "AoND is down" message. May I second bantymom and ask that you post the links that work?

Sending good wishes your way, bbik. This is by far my most favourite dragon hatchery. wink.gif

Quickest update ever! I just heard back from Agrona.

The host has agreed to "monitor" the site for the next 7 days to make sure there are no issues they missed previously (clearly, there are, but they still disagree). In order to have the best chance of them figuring out what they screwed up, I'm going to put the entire site back online.

However! I do not expect it to work.

So please, go ahead and try, and hopefully it'll help get it fixed. But keep an eye on your dragons if you do manage to add them, because I can't guaranteed what'll happen afterwards, sadly. sad.gif

Thank you everyone for your patience. I'm really sorry this is taking so long.

Yes, finally after going back and forth with these morons everyday since it broke. Going into a very detailed explanation on what the site is suppose to do when it is working, with screenshots that I took 2 weeks ago when the site was badly limping through the release. Almost screaming very bad words into my phone at the "I can not duplicate the problem" woman in support and threatening to move all of my websites from their servers .. finally they agree to monitor the site for issues.

So for the next 7 days we ask you to try and use it like normal, but please please please keep in mind it is NOT fixed and if you get your eggs/hatchlings into the site to watch them carefully.

I am certain that come the 7th day they will have loads of information and issues to review. But I can promise this .. if they do not find and correct the problem we will be moving to a new host provider.

This is their last chance, so let's give them all the data they need.

Agrona

I keep getting the "Failed to connect to Dragon Cave" message when I try to add my scroll. I'll click every link I see so they'll get good data from me. smile.gif

I'll click every link I see so they'll get good data from me. smile.gif

Make sure you try using the site (daycare, ER, inbred checker, lineage viewer, etc), too, not just link-clicking. The links work fine, it's just connecting to DC that is the problem, so that is where we really need to smack the host with information. Showing functional links probably offers a good comparison, though, so it's certainly worth doing as well!

I'm getting some functionality. :-) I added some hatchlings that are close enough to maturing that I'm not worried about being unable to remove them again. Let's see how it does with them!

I decided to test the daycare and got the message: "Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later." Same with the lineage viewer. Not that plugging in two 8th gen dragons is being nice to it. wink.gif

I see that there are dragons on the site, but I'm getting the "Failed to connect to Dragon Cave" for my first attempts at entering my scroll. I will keep trying, and will post again here, or edit this post when I succeed.

Still, it is so good to see the site back up, and I will absolutely dance when it is fully functioning again! <3

Yes, I'm glad the site is working! I just added my dragons and clicked a few... Good work! :3

Failed to add my dragons.

And it seems that the site also has trouble with "marking" them for removal. I've tried to remove a Nebula and Ice hatchie from the egg ER with no avail. sad.gif

**Whoever the owner of the Nebula and Ice that is currently in the ER, fog them before they get view bombed!**

Yeah, I managed to get my dragons in but it's showing the error message again. I'll monitor my eggs and hatchlings and make sure they don't get sick.

I've tried to remove a Nebula and Ice hatchie from the egg ER with no avail.

I just pulled them out of the ER like normal. They're not mine, I just clicked the little star to get them out. Seems to be working periodically at least.

I added a couple hatchies and checked random links and so far it's working fine for me :3 Hopefully the issues you have have with the server are resolved easily :3

Failed to connect sad.gif Will try again later.

Still getting failed to connect when trying to add my scroll. I can click on eggs on the home page and view the dragons, but cannot remove anything from the ER.

Will keep trying throughout the day and hope this all helps to alert your host to the problem.

Good luck in getting the site back up soon. I really miss it.

Heh. Trying to remove hatched/matured dragons from the ER resulted only in "Failed to connect" for me, but apparently someone else was successful with that, since the according dragons disappeared anyway.

Fancy!

I was never able to connect to add last night, and today first attempt was a fail, but I can see that more people are getting in. It was at 138 dragons last night, and this morning, it's up to 918! I'll keep trying throughout the day. <3

Well, I was just able to add my scroll. I only added my 3 oldest hatchies, though, so it doesn't matter if I can't get back to tend them.

I was also able to remove hatchies from the egg ER for the first time.

Hoping this is a good sign, although I know some people must have been able to add their dragons all along because there were always some in there.

ETA: Lineage and inbred checkers also working!

Edited by purplehaze

Yeah, seems to work all of a sudden. Currently removing lots of eggshells ...

Scrollstatchecker works, too biggrin.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes