bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

So I guess I can't use AoND much anymore... ;^; It just keeps going down and not working *least for me it does*... I don't know any other sites that actually get clicks and hatch ER eggs besides this one....

*stalks this forum section to find more* X.x

I PM'd you a few, and there is a list in this thread. smile.gif

Phew!! smile.gif

I finally was able to add my dragons, i'm really glad!

I missed the side badly, it was a pain to search for a replacement.

Yay! It's working for me again too! I just wanted to come on and say how much I love this site too. I was lost without it!

Still can't add my scroll. I keep getting "Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later."

This might be a stupid question, but - would it help if we DIDN'T add our scrolls to Allure for now? Like just for the next few days? Would it work more smoothly if new eggs weren't being added?

Sure, that would help. At least while the Cave is lagging. Issue is the combination of an increased number of eggs and hatchlings with dragcave lags.

And I wouldn't use the ER at all right now, the autocleaner is broken too, so your eggs won't get removed and might die from sickness.

Edited by Ext3h

Sigh, still cannot add to AoND, though I see some people can, any update on what is wrong and when it will be corrected?

Thanks!

Sure, that would help. At least while the Cave is lagging. Issue is the combination of an increased number of eggs and hatchlings with dragcave lags.

And I wouldn't use the ER at all right now, the autocleaner is broken too, so your eggs won't get removed and might die from sickness.

Thanks for the answer smile.gif That's what I thought.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Okay, just wanted to post what I noticed when trying to log in the last day or so.

May 29 about 8-9 dragon cave time could get in and add my dragons

May 29-30 11:45 - 2am dragon time one of my eggs hits 4 days so I try to put it in the er and I get the lag message.

May 30 8am dc time ER egg has hatched and I can add my eggs.

May 30 at 10 am 12:15pm and 1:15pm dc time have anouther egg at 4 days and under and cannot add eggs and get the lag message.

Now I don't know if my er eggs are just syncing up with when the site stops letting people add dragons or maybe having an er dragon is part of the problem but thought this might help.

Edit:

Nope I don't think having an ER egg has any thing to do with it. My egg hatched and I still get the lag can't connect to dragon cave message.

Edited by wyvernfire

I wish the site was back up. Just got an ER Tinsel, and I'm super-worried about it not getting enough views to hatch. unsure.gif AoND was one of the places I could count on to make sure my ER's hatched. I've put it in as many other sites as I could find, but I still hope AoND is back up and running soon!

It might need a little rest while the site mod works on it.

For those wanting to know of sites that let you ER at 4d0, both Sotidragon.net and Yarolds let you do that /points to sig. Yarolds though, is more of a slow steady thing. Put the egg up before it's ready to ER and it works better.

Wouldn't it be better to put the site offline until you work out all the issues? That way you won't have extra traffic and nobody would put their eggs at risk. Just MHO.

It might need a little rest while the site mod works on it.

For those wanting to know of sites that let you ER at 4d0, both Sotidragon.net and Yarolds let you do that /points to sig. Yarolds though, is more of a slow steady thing. Put the egg up before it's ready to ER and it works better.

addressing the "Put the egg up before it's ready to ER and it works better.", right now the AP eggs are all at 4 hours or less.

so they're ER before you can even pick them up.

and what IS with the lag? I couldn't find a thread on it, but at least it's not just me, which I thought it was.

I was successful in putting an egg into this site but then when I tried to add a second it wouldn't verify it or the first one, so I gave up again.

I hope it all gets fixed and everyone gets happy again smile.gif

Deb

addressing the "Put the egg up before it's ready to ER and it works better.", right now the AP eggs are all at 4 hours or less.

so they're ER before you can even pick them up.

and what IS with the lag? I couldn't find a thread on it, but at least it's not just me, which I thought it was.

I was successful in putting an egg into this site but then when I tried to add a second it wouldn't verify it or the first one, so I gave up again.

I hope it all gets fixed and everyone gets happy again smile.gif

Deb

Hi, daba555,

actually, I think Vhale was specifically referring to Yarolds there. smile.gif

Before checking this thread, I got in and tried to start, without much hope, removing a suspicious-looking number of hatchlings, and sure enough, no luck, though got a 'service temporarily unavailable' notice, which is, I think, at least a different one than I was getting, so at least it's not always the same old boring 'can't connect' thing.

Would this indicate a different problem?

Hallo,

the last few days I have a lot problems to add my eggs.

I try it ten or more times - but today I always get a this message:

Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later.

But no chance to add my little eggies.

So bad - hope it will be better the next days.

Tbh I think that the site should be closed to new additions for a few days (or a week, to allow everything to clear out) and then slowly be brought back online.

I am no longer attempting to add my eggs because I figure they just make the problem worse.

I'm getting the lag message every time I try to add things there. :C

Which is sad, because I use the site a lot.

Hope it gets fixed.

Still unable to add my scroll or add individual codes to the ER. Yes DC lag seems worse this past week, but I can still load DC pages while waiting for TAoND. My ping times to both TAoND and DC haven't changed, still around the low 200ms to mid 300ms as an average and thats GOOD for Australian ADSL2. So its not at my end.

I wish TAoND at least had a contact method, but I haven't found one.

Funny coincidence. TAoND was running fine until the appeal for donations towards running costs finished which makes me wonder if something in the site code was changed when that text was taken out again

Yes, I was referring to Yarolds. Yarolds is really good for getting small doses of UVs fast. But only if you don't already have a link running or haven't used it yet that day. If you have, then it tends to be steady uv clicks. I find it awesome for helping things hatch right at 4d0 without having to ER them at all. But it does take a little egg-sitting time before 4D0 to get that to happen. It can help those juicy ap eggs as well, it's just, not an ER. More like a UV injection clinic.

Wouldn't it be better to put the site offline until you work out all the issues? That way you won't have extra traffic and nobody would put their eggs at risk. Just MHO.

I didn't think it was Ext3h's site? I believe his site is Eggs Around The World (EATW) to my knowledge; feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

This might be a stupid question, but - would it help if we DIDN'T add our scrolls to Allure for now? Like just for the next few days? Would it work more smoothly if new eggs weren't being added?

I wouldn't add items to the site right now anyway ... just in case you are unable to retrieve them and they get sick. <3

There are lots of other fansites to use in the meantime: Silvi's Lair, Eggs Around The World, Soti's, Valley Sherwood, DragHatch, Egg Drop Soup, to name a few. smile.gif

Edited by missy_

I didn't think it was Ext3h's site? I believe his site is Eggs Around The World (EATW) to my knowledge; feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

I was talking in general, not addressing specifically to Ext3h. Apologies if it sounded wrong, English is not my first language smile.gif

I wouldn't add items to the site right now anyway ... just in case you are unable to retrieve them and they get sick. <3

There are lots of other fansites to use in the meantime: Silvi's Lair, Eggs Around the World, Soti's, Valley Sherwood, DragHatch, Egg Drop Soup, to name a few. smile.gif

Indeed. There are many fine sites to use instead.

I don't have any eggs on Allure right now, though thanks for your concern! <3 I have been running the viewer on and off, though, to help give views to the eggs that are there.