MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

Nope someone does it to my eggs as well even though I no long use this site any more.

Dunno if this is something on my end or not, (Firefox, so I suppose it may be?) but had the hatchery page running for Views and the last time I popped in to clean out adults, saw something I've never seen before - an attack by English teachers?

ML Parsing Error: unexpected parser state Location: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Firefox/browser/omni.ja!/chrome/browser/content/browser/aboutNetError.xhtml Line Number 339, Column 50: <div id="ed_netReset">&netReset.longDesc;</div> -------------------------------------------------^

Seems to be working OK now after refreshing the page, but thought I'd better leave a note about it, just in case there's some issue developing on the other end that FF just identified. smile.gif

Happens when Firefox encounters an error (e.g. a timeout for some reason) and then gets a hiccup when loading its own error page. That's usually fixed by refreshing and either getting the proper error message, or the intended page loading correctly.

I've read a couple of references to Valley Sherwood, with people saying that they always got a high number of Views here, dangerous for newer eggs - yet I've been adding mine here (along with Silvi's and DDF) for years, at 6 and a half days, with no problems.

And while I've (regretfully) cut back on the numbers of fansites I support with daily Viewing and no longer use and run so many at a time, I also still use a couple of others later on, in the 4th or 5th days, ones which I've always considered higher-View and as less safe for new eggs.

Was there something going on here at some point that I missed?

Because I always recommend Valley Sherwood as one of the safe sites for newer eggs (after the first half-day) and have never failed to find it so.

Edit for creative punctuation.

*goes for coffeeeeeee*

Edited by Syphoneira

I share your observation. Maybe during Valentine's there was more traffic ...

I've never had a problem with Sherwood. I use that as my go-to for adding younger eggs, then Draghatch, and finally EATW and Neglected to finish them off.

I'm not sure why, but it seems my egg/hatchlings keep geting removed from the site today. Is this happening to anyone else?

ETA: I'm pulling them now.

Edited by dragongrrl

Mine seem to stay put.

Maybe someone's messing with you?

Mine seem to stay put.

Maybe someone's messing with you?

I would hope not, but stranger things have happened.

I keep having quite the opposite problem of my eggs getting put in to VS. I would think it was a view bomber, but they never get put anywhere else -- just that one site.

It must be someone messing around. I put the eggs back in 2 or 3 hours ago. I just now went to add some hatchlings, and the eggs were out again.

My computer is alone where no one else can use it.

Odd I can't get my scroll to enter. sad.gif

The reason could be that DC itself is down right now ... since about half an hour before your post.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Ahh okay thanks for the info.

Hi, sorry, the site just went down because it is moving servers. Should be back up in a couple days.

(Also, there were some site issues I meant to look into earlier this year, but then I got engaged wub.gif and I'm getting married this summer! Yay! So, naturally I've been distracted and busy. Sorry smile.gif )

Hey, congrats to your lucky husband! smile.gif

(Lol, scared me, thought the site was being redirected to give us all viruses or something, lol.)

Hi, sorry, the site just went down because it is moving servers. Should be back up in a couple days.

(Also, there were some site issues I meant to look into earlier this year, but then I got engaged wub.gif and I'm getting married this summer! Yay! So, naturally I've been distracted and busy. Sorry smile.gif )

Oh whew. I came over to ask. Congratulations and I look forward to your return - it is my absolute site of choice...

I came here to ask as well, because Valley is my regular hatchery and I was worried.

I came and saw a great new instead! Congratulations, dear! wub.gif

We'll wait patiently.

Congratulations MaidMarian to you and your husband to be on your upcoming nuptials.

Valley Sherwood is my favorite hatchery and I look forward to seeing it up and running again.

Take care and again, Congratulations

Storm

Congratulations. smile.gif

I can breathe a sigh of relief as something terrible/cataclysmic has not happened.

Edit: If it was gone it would have been terrible as this is my favourite site and I spend hours lurking there helping things grow. smile.gif

Edited by Cireth

Congratulations! May your wedding go well! smile.gif

Great to see that the website is being improved!

Congratulations with this good news!

Real life is more important than our game, but I'm quite happy the site is back again smile.gif

Seems to be back (or at least it is right now for me smile.gif ).