Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

It works for me using firefox

Β 

Β 

edit: It has stopped working for me (again) smile.gif

Β 

edit2: And now it is working again

I missed the window then. Dx

Every time I try to manage my dragons, I just get a webpage saying "No data received" - Using Google Chrome to try and do this blink.gif

It's up about 50% of the time I check it for me.

I was just able to add my scroll onto the site… maybe it's working now? *crosses fingers* smile.gif

Β 

Never mind, it's down again sad.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

I'm still getting the 408 Request Timeout message with anything I try to add, scroll or ER. I am seriously missing this site, and yet the viewer says there are almost 15,000 dragons on the site. This glitch in the scroll page, or whatever it is, is really frustrating.

Β 

ETA: and I'm a devoted Firefox user.

Edited by dragongrrl

It's up about 50% of the time I check it for me.

I don't know what kind of magic you are using. wink.gif I have been constantly checking it and it is always down for me. sad.gif

Every time I try to manage my dragons, I just get a webpage saying "No data received" - Using Google Chrome to try and do this blink.gif

I get the same message.

Probably everyone gets that (with their browser-specific "translation" of the error):

Β 

You see the main site just fine. Then you enter your scroll, the server deals with it and talks to the database (so if you chose auto-add, it will do so), and when it tries to build the page to return the results of what it did, it cannot do so for whatever reason (maybe some storage ran full where it would usually temporarily put that result page) and tells the browser immediately that it cannot serve any data.

Β 

And then Chrome says, "no data," Firefox says, "connection reset," and whatever IE says ...

Β 

Basically, the site is not down in total, just some functions are currently not available.

Did anyone try to email MaidMarian? There an address in the Whois record for the domain, but I cannot tell if that's an actively checked mailbox.

Did anyone try to email MaidMarian? There an address in the Whois record for the domain, but I cannot tell if that's an actively checked mailbox.

I didn't try that, just a PM - which hasn't been read.

Just tried again....Still NOT working for me sad.gif

Β 

Hope it comes back up soon, really like this site.

Aaaaand I can't add my dragons again sad.gif

Β 

Wonder why it works briefly, then doesn't, and only seems to work for some people sometimes ohmy.gif

Β 

I didn't break it.. Honest rolleyes.gif

I haven't been able to use it for at least a week, it keeps telling me the connection has been reset. Have tried all the usual tricks, resetting, restarting, etc. Nothing gets me in.

It's a server-sided issue, nothing that you could fix unless you knew a way to contact MaidMarian.

If you select auto-add, I think it still adds the eggs- I noticed that after failing on this site, then going to EAtW, my dragons gained more views than usual.

Β 

Can't confirm tho

Indeed. I'll just quote myself from the previous page:

Β 

You see the main site just fine. Then you enter your scroll, the server deals with it and talks to the database (so if you chose auto-add, it will do so), and when it tries to build the page to return the results of what it did, it cannot do so for whatever reason (maybe some storage ran full where it would usually temporarily put that result page) and tells the browser immediately that it cannot serve any data.

Β 

And then Chrome says, "no data," Firefox says, "connection reset," and whatever IE says ...

Β 

Basically, the site is not down in total, just some functions are currently not available.

Β 

And I will quote MYSELF and add that MaidMarian still has not read her PM, and I don't know how to email her, but go for it if you do.

... I don't know how to email her ...

PMed you biggrin.gif

The site still isn't working for me. I'm not sure if the auto add feature is working for my eggs. They continue to mature at a snail's pace. tongue.gif

Oh good I thought the issue was on my side since Chrome has a history of giving back PHP errors and I have tried cleaning out my cache and cookies. I hope it's back up soon, I really liked knowing when my dragons would grow up sad.gif