MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

Seems to be back (or at least it is right now for me smile.gif ).

Really ? I am getting

Future home of something quite cool.

Oh wait - hard refresh and YAY !

Edited by fuzzbucket

Thank goodness!

I often keep this site up and Viewing all day, even though I View the others in rotation so as not to overload my computer, lol; it's not only essential for dragon-raising but also very useful for being able to see stats on all of your growing dragons at a glance.

Edit: I hope the site won't be much changed!

It's perfect as it is.

And it's also light enough that I can hunt with it on.

Edited by Syphoneira

I agree with all this - but - it has fallen over sad.gif

Anyone else ?

Well not my ISP then - that's good, at least ! (It happened once to AOND - someone accidentally tripped a switch - at least I can phone a real live human who can fix it !)

ETA Hallelujah it's BACK smile.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Weird problem: I can't get the site to accept my dragons suddenly. When I put in my scroll name and have auto-add checked, nothing happens; instead of going to my scroll list, the page just refreshes. I turned auto-add off, and I was able to get to my scroll list, but then when I tried to add my dragons I was bounced back to the front page, and when I looked at my scroll list again, they hadn't been added. This only JUST started.

Edit: Oh, and, I just noticed that when I get bounced back, I get an "unable to connect to dragon cave" message on the front page, but it's kind of hard to spot at first.

Edited by Ardath Rekha

You're not the only one. It's been doing it to me too.

Edit: It seems to have fix itself/been fixed.

Edited by Cireth

Weird problem: I can't get the site to accept my dragons suddenly. When I put in my scroll name and have auto-add checked, nothing happens; instead of going to my scroll list, the page just refreshes. I turned auto-add off, and I was able to get to my scroll list, but then when I tried to add my dragons I was bounced back to the front page, and when I looked at my scroll list again, they hadn't been added. This only JUST started.

Edit: Oh, and, I just noticed that when I get bounced back, I get an "unable to connect to dragon cave" message on the front page, but it's kind of hard to spot at first.

It has been doing that to me as well, for the moment though it does seem stable like Cireth said.

I'm getting 'Unable to fetch info about this dragon from Dragon Cave.' unsure.gif

Cannot manage without Valley Sherwood... sad.gif

Edit: was working fine earlier, and the others I have up still seem functional...

Edited by Syphoneira

It's doing it again. I wonder what's causing it.

Edit: Working fine now after I resubmittted my scroll. Try that.

If that doesn't work then Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's lair and TheDragHatch are all running fine.

Edited by Cireth

It's doing it again. I wonder what's causing it.

Edit: Working fine now after I resubmittted my scroll. Try that.

If that doesn't work then Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's lair and TheDragHatch are all running fine.

Thanks, Cireth, good to hear! smile.gif

I actually only had my dragons entered into Silvi's, DDF and Valley Sherwood, but am running The Hatching Club and AOND Viewers as well right now, so it figures that one of the few I was currently using wouldn't work, lol, but actually, most of my hatchies will be growing up in a few hours and are probably fine as is.

I generally run Valley Sherwood nearly all of the time anyway and did all day up until the problem was noticed, so it can wait until I change rotation, as I've been told that the fansites now stop accepting your Views after a while, though no idea how long that would be.

VS really seems to be struggling today - I keep getting:

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

in the viewing areas, though my dragons entered OK. That said, it took FOREVER to load the page after I added them.

And this isn't happening on other fansites I am viewing on.

I have no issues with the site. Might actually be the connection between you and this specific site?

For some reason when trying to connect my scroll with the site, my scroll never shows up and there is a message at the top that reads: "Unable to connect to Dragon Cave."

Anyone else having this issue? I ALWAYS use Valley Sherwood, so this is giving me a sad face!

For some reason when trying to connect my scroll with the site, my scroll never shows up and there is a message at the top that reads: "Unable to connect to Dragon Cave."

Anyone else having this issue? I ALWAYS use Valley Sherwood, so this is giving me a sad face!

Same here, it showed my scroll once out of several attempts but it didn't actually let me add anything

It was fine for me up until today and I use it just about every day.

Edited by Tawanda001

Seems to be working fine now.

It seems I still cannot keep my eggs off this site. sad.gif I used to use it and really like it, but sometimes I don't want a particular egg to get any views. Inevitably after a day or so the egg was getting added to this site ONLY. And now that I have stopped using the site regularly I will still notice an egg I have listed nowhere start gaining views. I pop over here and find my scroll has been added again.

View bombing? A very strange and determined sort of view bombing indeed if it is that. It only involves this one site, but seems to happen very regularly. I only notice it, I think, when I am trying to keep an egg's views down. I can hide an egg to keep it from being added or to get it removed, but that doesn't work for an egg in teleport. I can hide my scroll, but frankly that can be a real pain having to unhide it every time I want to add my eggs to any other site and besides I like letting people see my scroll. And as soon as I unhide it will start happening again.

This has been going on for a very long time -- months, maybe a year or more. I have posted about it here before. I am just totally perplexed about what is happening.

I would guess you have a scroll stalker - the "well-meaning" kind who'd try to "save" all of those low-on-stats eggs of yours, who is relying on this site only for that self-set task ...

I would guess you have a scroll stalker - the "well-meaning" kind who'd try to "save" all of those low-on-stats eggs of yours, who is relying on this site only for that self-set task ...

That may be the case, but they are very determined, if so, because this is not just a short-term thing. I mean if they have been doing that all this time, they really need to get a life! Maybe I should try using the site again and seeing if that stops them from adding the one egg I don't want added?

I just changed something behind the scenes, so let me know if anything breaks.

@purplehaze I've been looking into adding an optional authentication feature for users who don't want anyone else to be able to add their scroll. Maybe that will help to prevent any unsolicited "help" :-)

I am unable to update scroll. I enter scroll name with auto add on off as normal and the page comes up as usual. I make the changes I want and hit submit changes and it flips me to the front page like I hadn't done anything. It's not saving the changes as to which eggs/hatchlings I want listed on the site.

Same for me. (Adding an egg to the ER seems to work, though.)

I am unable to update scroll.  I enter scroll name with auto add on off as normal and the page comes up as usual.  I make the changes I want and hit submit changes and it flips me to the front page like I hadn't done anything.  It's not saving the changes as to which eggs/hatchlings I want listed on the site.

Same for me, unchangeable after the first visit. Alas, I had "autoadd on" the first time round and now they're all added - hopefully the trade will be picked up before she grows up rolleyes.gif

Edited by Snowwall