Dr. Paine

Description comments

Symphony is the leader of the silver dragon clan. He is quite vain; he can usually be found preening or admiring his impressive hoard of gold and jewels. Him and his clan dislike "common" dragons and only interact with the more beautiful types, such as holiday, metallic, and prize dragons.

Accept: Sounds like one old guy from Gintama. 10/10 Would date

Ok? laugh.gif

Accept: Sounds like one old guy from Gintama. 10/10 Would date

Ok? laugh.gif

Should be "He and his clan dislike..." not, him!

I'm confused. How do you check your description comments?

Actions > Describe on a dragon with a pending description.

Nearly all of my recent pending descriptions have a comment-less reject. You need a hobby. dry.gif

Beanball is normally easygoing and avoids violence, but she becomes very upset whenever someone is wronged, especially if they're driven mad or killed with no justification. She smells of tar fumes and molten metal when she's incensed, as if her magical body emanates the odor of the stars themselves. Rarely, when Beanball has witnessed someone commit something truly heinous, she will become corporeal and go after them with ferocity and doggedness that is unlike a peaceful breed like herself. She was raised by a number of dragons since she was in an egg, and while nobody knows her biological parents, they have some guesses to what her father is.

Accept: Love the name! But it seems kind of weird to say you don't know who her parents are when it's listed on the dragon's page...

There are dragons whose eggs are discarded (in-game AP) and then cared for by unrelated guardians, so unless the lineage is written on the egg, how would they know? Also, in-universe, not everyone knows/cares about their family tree and/or can write. Writing is kind of our luxury. Thanks, though! "Beanball" is a fun word.

Edited by dirtytabs

Nearly all of my recent pending descriptions have a comment-less reject. You need a hobby. dry.gif

A lot of mine also have a comment-less reject. Is it because I mention a school, is it too modern? But then the same descriptions have approvals so I really don't know.

I guess there's also the possibility that it's because I'm saying all these various dragon breeds live together in this one school, but if clans made of dozens of breeds can be allowed... I think I'm gonna need to ask someone who knows a thing or two, this is kinda driving me around the bend.

Eivenged is, terrifyingly enough, a mob boss. To them, lack of physical strength and size means nothing when you have wealth, a sharp mind and a controlling paw. Their money hires the muscle, the ones to protect them and to follow their orders. The crimes they commit tend to be focused on particular targets such as certain major human establishments. Naturally, they have made many an enemy but, since they are always in the safety of their hideout and flanked on all sides by intimidating guards, anyone who meets Eivenged face to face and upsets them is axed swiftly and oftentimes... quite messily.

Eivenged seems to almost exclusively target human establishments. Not because humans were responsible for Eivenged's poor state of health, just because... their flimsy society and way of life is metaphorically clustered with cracks and weak foundations just perfect for abusing and reaping the most reward for so little risk.

Accept:

Reject: Dragon gangs... In medieval times. Right..

Accept:

Well... crime has been around since even the Roman era, so I think a group of rule-breaking things is hardly modern stuff...

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I guess there's also the possibility that it's because I'm saying all these various dragon breeds live together in this one school, but if clans made of dozens of breeds can be allowed... I think I'm gonna need to ask someone who knows a thing or two, this is kinda driving me around the bend.

I don't think it's that at all. Herk (among other users) has a large number of described dragons who attend an academy run by a deranged magi. I assumed from the sudden rash of reject notices that only one user was responsible. If that's true, we can ignore it.

One of Scientia Est Lux Lucis' inventions is a small slip of paper for note-taking, colored a friendly shade of light yellow. There's a strip of adhesive on one side so the user can stick the note to a wall or another smooth surface. The problem with this invention and the reason why it is in the "Failures and Works-in-Progress" area is that the adhesive isn't very sticky. One can press the notes to a fragile spell book and peel them off with almost no effort. Scientia Est Lux Lucis has tried time after time to create the perfect blend of tacky stuff, but so far, his best effort has been a nontoxic, nondrying, barely sticky glue. He hasn't come up with a nontoxic, nondrying, and super sticky glue that wouldn't damage the paper it's painted on. He isn't sure if his Pathetic Glue Sticky Notes can ever be improved, or if they'll ever be useful the way they are now.

Reject: Please note that the description guidelines state that the description is for describing your actual dragon. Additionally, keep in mind that Dragon Cave takes place in a medieval setting.

Accept:

Reject: So.. He invented sticky notes. Bravo.

Aaah, if dragon gangs aren't acceptable, no wonder reviewers didn't like pathetic glue sticky notes, either.

Despite her dainty-sounding name, this Gold Tinsel dragoness is anything but. Though she isn't the eldest or biggest of her owner's other Prize dragons (However she was the first Gold Tinsel to arrive.), many of them see her as the unofficial leader of their kind. Highly organized and efficient, she runs a tight ship and can't abide lazy dragons of any species who don't pull their own weight. It doesn't happen very often as her owner's cave is generally a peaceful place, but if ever she's called to battle she prefers the role of strategist or adviser rather than a front line fighter.

User Comments

•Accept: To quote the desc. guidelines: "You can make your dragons unique without making them all-powerful.". It is a little op to have this dragon be THE leader of her kind. other than that I love her desc.

I don't see how it's overpowered that she's the leader of the other Tinsels she lives with? I'm not saying she's in charge of all Tinsels everywhere in DC...

Though his appearance is that of a fierce, seasoned warrior, this Red dragon much prefers to focus on leisurely persuits such as relaxing with a dragon-sized cup of tea and enjoying a tome on philosophy or having a deep conversation with an interesting stranger. Because of this, the majority of dragons in his owner's cave look up to him and treat him as a kind, wise uncle, coming to him asking all sorts of advice which he happily provides. He always strives to find a peaceful end to any conflict first, however if that isn't possible he is perfectly capable of fighting for what he believes is right.

User Comments

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept:

•Accept: I now have the hilarious image of a large red dragon sitting in an easy chair, with a pair of spectacles on his head, with a cup of tea in one hand and a book in the other. I love it!

Thank you~ :3 lol That would have to be a really really big and sturdy chair!

This dragon was named for his resemblance to a legendary figure featured in his cave's lore and ancient stories. The being is said to have pure white scales, with its wings and tail wreathed in bright, blazing flames. Now, as a White dragon and a pacifist, of course he can't command flames like his namesake, but the myths also say that the dragon-like creature represents truth, a trait that Reshiramflame is proud to share. When not working with the other White dragons in their healing duties, he can be found holding court in his lair, settling disputes between the other dragons in his cave. Many claim that he uses the ivory-colored orb set atop his staff to divine the truth through magical means, though he denies this.

User Comments

•Accept: Oho, not too often a Pokemon-reference description comes up... that doesn't blatantly state it's from Pokemon. >.> -DT

•Accept:

Yeah I learned my lesson after I had a different description on a Shallow Water dragon whose code resembles "Omastar" get rejected for being too close of a reference, which I do admit it was. :)

(Let me know if it's not okay to double post and I'll edit this into my previous post.)

A friendly and social Two-Finned Bluna, Dolphinbreeze loves meeting all kinds of dragons! One day a group of dragon raisers and their dragons from all over Valkemare had gathered to discuss "diskriptsuns" and "reeveewing" (Whatever those are, she was just there to make new friends!), she happened to meet an odd Frill that the others seemed to be avoiding. After introducing herself he seemed delighted and told her that her name was "Fab...ulous, like my... friends here." She wasn't quite sure who he was referring to as his "friends" but the two of them had a lot of fun playing around while wiggling their wings and nodding their heads. Sometimes she still wonders about that dragon, and if he ever figured out what a 'dolphin' is.

User Comments

•Accept: Now I want to read that Frill's descrip :D -H (but he's not on your scroll - so who wrote it?)

Thanks, herk! The Frill in question is on Tabs' scroll, named Referent. (I hope you don't mind me sharing in the joke.) and his description came about in descripdoom. XD

I'll help! The frilled dragon in question... approves. He knows what a dolphin is... he just doesn't want to explain. biggrin.gif

"We're fabulous as a dolphin," Referent often says. Nobody he talks to knows what he means by that. In fact, the dragons he resides with in the jungle aren't really sure such a creature exists. When asked for elaboration, Referent points to himself and gestures to an invisible throng of friends behind him and repeats, "We're fabulous as a dolphin" more emphatically. "Dolphins," he explains, "are fabulous. And we..." he likes adding pauses in his thoughts,"... are like them... Fabulous." Once Referent is tired of this sort of conversation, he turns, as fabulously as a dolphin, and walks away, bobbing his head and waggling his wings like dolphins do.

The other day, Den shared description in the queue that only said, "We're fabulous as a dolphin." What does that mean? Who's "we"? Are dolphins fabulous?

I'll help! The frilled dragon in question... approves. He knows what a dolphin is... he just doesn't want to explain. biggrin.gif

"We're fabulous as a dolphin," Referent often says. Nobody he talks to knows what he means by that. In fact, the dragons he resides with in the jungle aren't really sure such a creature exists. When asked for elaboration, Referent points to himself and gestures to an invisible throng of friends behind him and repeats, "We're fabulous as a dolphin" more emphatically. "Dolphins," he explains, "are fabulous. And we..." he likes adding pauses in his thoughts,"... are like them... Fabulous." Once Referent is tired of this sort of conversation, he turns, as fabulously as a dolphin, and walks away, bobbing his head and waggling his wings like dolphins do.

The other day, Den shared description in the queue that only said, "We're fabulous as a dolphin." What does that mean? Who's "we"? Are dolphins fabulous?

Thanks for sharing - that must have been after my bedtime biggrin.gif

so just to share sth:

There are more things in between heaven and earth than all the knowledge of dragonkind can teach. So this young dragon has vowed to keep an open mind about everything no matter how absurd it might seem. Are there ways a human could fly without magic - there could be. Are stones capable of thought - there could be. Are there other worlds out there besides Valkemare - who can tell for sure...

Abstain: Question marks would be pretty helpful at the end of those questions.

No censorkip.gif Sherlock dry.gif

also (on a dragon with the code laM4s):

This dragoness likes to spit at people.

earned me:

Accept: It's short, but it works.

Reject:

Reject: Needs more detail. What is she like? What does she like to do for fun? Where does she tend to hang out? That kind of stuff.

Thanks for the Accept Mathcat (?)

Dear Rejecter - even if you don't get the joke because you don't see the code, that description is perfectly valid (even if you don't like it) because:

- it tells us something about the individual dragon, which isn't just her name, mate, or breed

- it doesn't contradict the breed descrip

- it doesn't contradict the sprite

- no RL or 'modern' references

- it's in English

- it's 3rd person only

- it's PG 13

- it's a grammatically correct sentence

- no typos

Which are pretty much the only valid reasons to reject.

Just a quick example on how to do a rules-abiding one sentence description.

Paarici has taken it upon herself to form a complete chronicle of draconic history. Given that she believes in never relegating anything to a brief mention that can instead be expounded upon for hours on end, her work should be unreadable, but her dry wit and eye for interesting connections are engaging enough to make up for her excessive long-windedness.

Accept: Did you read Steven Brust's version of the 3 musketeers in the Taltos world? This sounds A LOT like those "historical" novels biggrin.gif -H

(Indeed. She's based off Paarfi.)

Bahemok teaches magical theory at the Crystalfire Assembly. He loves the chance to show off what he knows, but wishes the place had been built with a xenowyrm's proportions in mind. Getting stuck in passageways, even if he can teleport himself free, is not good for his dignity.

Accept: Tihihihi - Cme over to Delirium's Academy - that's build for draconic proportions wink.gif (Ok some passages might be narrow for a Xeno) wink.gif -H

(Crystalfire Assembly was built by dragons, but for some reason, I picture xenos as being considerably larger than other breeds.)

While Pavran was researching ways to magically store sound for later playback (with an eye toward preserving Roaring Lion Production plays for future enjoyment), a spell gone wrong left him hearing a intermittent, almost inaudible murmur. He suspected hearing damage until amplifying the sound revealed it was an account of the news in some presumably made-up location - fiction presented as fact. At least, he hopes the news is fictional and the desert community described doesn't actually exist. Otherwise, given some of what he's heard, he should be preparing for imminent disaster and not wasting his time trying to preserve some of the broadcasts for the enjoyment of his colleagues.

Accept: OMG he picks up broadcasts from Dimar's and my Nhios ohmy.gif -H

(I got slightly distracted while trying to figure out what fictional scientists could be adapted for the Goldenmage Assembly.)

While it may seem a misfit's quirk,

This kyanite is all to blame:

She steals the G's from paperwork

Her favorite letter, she'll proclaim.

In Madder Jungle where she dwells,

No parchment can withstand her might

Her sham of innocence excels

Unless her hoard comes into light.

Safe beneath two giant trees,

Protected from the jungle rain

Is where she keeps her stash of Gs

Among the roots of her domain.

Accept: Okay, so... I see a Venn diagram of your dragons. One circle is Madder Jungle, one circle is poetry-described, and one circle is bananas. -DT

I'm not sure that would quite work, since currently all my bananas are in the Madder Jungle, but at least there's one fruit in the middle.

Y b FAD thinks everyone on Valkemare is trendy. He likes to emulate others' fads based on the theory that imitation is a form of flattery. This includes copying his mate 2 FaDZ's fads of poor spelling and flirting incredibly loudly in public. When he is not making himself a public menace with his mate, he is generally likable for being so positive - but some find his well-intentioned mimicry to be irritating, if not outright offensive. The arsanai Mrs. Porter has been said to have dismissed the mimicry as an expression of FAD's innate hellfire passive-aggressiveness; an incurable bad habit.

Accept: Dumb name

Well, yes. When the AP gives you codes, that's what happens. It sort of fits him, though, he isn't all that bright either.

Zinso chases butterflies

Throughout the Madder Jungle's skies,

Or when at rest, she will devise

Ways to catch them that are wise.

She gets a twinkle in her eyes

When she finds a big surprise;

Exited she will emphasize

The points she wants to glamorize

When telling of a great disguise

Or some new drink that fortifies.

When others want to catalize

Big parties, she'll help maximise

The guest-count: she will advertise!

Accept: So man "ise"s! Although... she's rather smarter than your average drake -DT

...I suspect that DT has a somewhat lower standard for drakes than I, since that part of the comment seems to show up on all my drakes. My assumption is that with telepathy it is a lot easier to convey meaning than it is with spoken words. It may also help in this case to note that Zinso's 'wise plans' usually amount to a variant of: "I'll chase it. And then... chase it. And chase it chase it chase it chase it!" Lemme go see if there's an 'ize' word left that I can use to get that into the description.

((I will take some advise and tone down UHH, though.))

...I suspect that DT has a somewhat lower standard for drakes than I, since that part of the comment seems to show up on all my drakes. My assumption is that with telepathy it is a lot easier to convey meaning than it is with spoken words. It may also help in this case to note that Zinso's 'wise plans' usually amount to a variant of: "I'll chase it. And then... chase it. And chase it chase it chase it chase it!" Lemme go see if there's an 'ize' word left that I can use to get that into the description.

((I will take some advise and tone down UHH, though.))

Yes. My standards for drakes are very low because almost nothing in the standard dragon description applies to drakes. (That's the most recent confirmation from TJ, but there have been other mentions.) Drakes don't live dragon-length lives, can't use telepathy, and aren't as intelligent as dragons as a whole, more like dogs in intellect. I liked her chase-chase-chase mentality, but I objected to the lines about the sharing of information. She can chirp in excitement about many things, but not specifically about steps in a plan or new drink recipes, unless her listeners project that onto her.

The description would be perfect for a dragon, a hatchling even.

Edited by dirtytabs

Oh boy this thread is still swinging!

Here's some bits from my descriptions while I was away~

Ephraim Goodweather the Soulpeace dragon

Ephraim Goodweather, also known as Eph, is a dragon dedicated to healing, always trying to find a cure to the incurable. He has spent his life trying to find ways to treat diseases, and this has caused him to become isolated from his friends and family. His former mate, Kelly Goodweather, has left him and Eph's relationship with his child has become distant. On top of that, Eph struggles with an addiction to pumpkin juice, constantly fighting his cravings for the orange drink. And on top of all of that, Eph finds himself battling an ancient vampire dragon and his brood, trying to prevent this "Master" from destroying his owner's cave. Hopefully, with the help of his allies, he'll be able to defeat this menace for good.

Accept: I laughed at the pumpkin juice. Harry Potter reference? Looks good to me. -newt

Not quite, he's based on a character from The Strain TV series, among several others. He is (or, I guess, was) a recovering alcoholic in the show, but I found having a dragon with a drinking problem a little ehhh~ so I swapped it to being addicted to pumpkin juice for no particular reason.

Shield of Pancake, the mighty Guardian dragon

Shield of Pancake is the overprotective morning guard at his owner's cave. He is a very stoic dragon, and there are few things in this world that can bother him, but one conversation topic that scratches his scales the wrong way is about how he got his name. See, when Shield of Pancake was born, he loved pancakes. Like, he literally loved pancakes so much he actually married a stack of them. It was a happy, prosperous marriage until one night, after a long day of guarding, Shield of Pancake returned to his cave to find Mrs. Pancake syrup-less with a home-wrecking stack of waffles. Shield of Pancake went insane with rage an attacked his pancake-wife and her dirty waffle-lover, and ate them both. He was heartbroken at the loss, and never truly recovered. Since that day, everyone in the cave calls him Shield of Pancake, for his love of pancakes and his love of guarding the cave.

Accept: This is love. This is life. ~Ant

It is indeed. This is the description I want to be remembered by. It will be the greatest thing I have ever written till the end of days.

Matthew Turned the Power Off:

Matta was meant to be frozen as a hatchling, but Lagie was away from the caves at the required time so she ended up growing to an adult. Matta is very young at heart and acts more like a hatchling than an adult, loving to play games with the growing hatchlings. She's an expert hide-and-seeker and will even participate in the occasional game of Marco Polo with the water dragon hatchlings.

Accept: I hope Astrapis are able to control their electricity when playing Marco Polo.. otherwise the water-dwelling hatchies go ZAPPY! xd.png

Thank you for the laugh! xd.png

I'm wondering about that 'she' after Lagie. Is it clear enough that I meant the dragon grew up and not me? unsure.gif

I'm wondering about that 'she' after Lagie. Is it clear enough that I meant the dragon grew up and not me? unsure.gif

Nope, it's clear here that "she" refers to Matta. smile.gif

I'd put a comma after "required time", though. And I believe the game is called hide-and-seek, unless it is "seeker" on purpose.

Nope, it's clear here that "she" refers to Matta. smile.gif

I'd put a comma after "required time", though. And I believe the game is called hide-and-seek, unless it is "seeker" on purpose.

Thanks! It's seeker on purpose as it's referring to her not to the game. biggrin.gif

Thanks! It's seeker on purpose as it's referring to her not to the game. biggrin.gif

Oh yes, I read that wrong. Thank goodness this isn't the queue. ninja.gif

Yes. My standards for drakes are very low because almost nothing in the standard dragon description applies to drakes. (That's the most recent confirmation from TJ, but there have been other mentions.) Drakes don't live dragon-length lives, can't use telepathy, and aren't as intelligent as dragons as a whole, more like dogs in intellect. I liked her chase-chase-chase mentality, but I  objected to the lines about the sharing of information. She can chirp in excitement about many things, but not specifically about steps in a plan or new drink recipes, unless her listeners project that onto her.

Perhaps my problem is that I assume dogs to be fairly smart; I've seen enough videos of well-trained individuals preforming wide arrays of non-standard behaviours. My general assumption is that all dracidae are not physically capable of communication despite what some breeds claim; drakes are simply less able to articulate their thoughts. Sharing a simple concept like "drank [flavour+positive feeling]" should be within a drake's capabilities. That post says that drakes have a verbal language, however, so I guess that with practice, one should be able to understand when a drake says (for example) "Zigi drink yummy" it means something along the lines of 'I was with Zigivi and she gave me a yummy drink'.

(Pardon if this is too far off-topic for this thread.)

Oh yeah, and there's this:

Recolove likes to be lazy, and it wasn't until she met the caligene Mismagielle that she found the perfect way to avoid work: he weakens foolish villagers, and she twists their minds to make them believe that their weakness is caused not by caligene magic but by a lack thereof. So to keep him, of course, they need to offer up some sacrifices to the two dragons. Recolove loves to practice the backwards flame of her manadrain. There is also a cassare named Voidnihil whom Recolove loves. Even though she is confused when he is near, she is infatuated by his ability to take her power away. Rumour has it she is in a relationship with him as well as Mismagielle.

One thing that those who met her and survived have observed about Recolove is that she rarely spreads her tail the way other despises do. Before she met her mate, Recolove traveled quite a lot, and it is rumoured that during one of her trips through the Northern Ocean, she lost the orbs from her tail to the infamous Nameless Pirate.

Abstain: caligene is misspelled the second time --- those who have met her and survived (add have) -- [i fixed the typo before copying the description, but adding the 'have' would push me over the character limit - thanks, though]

Accept: who's the nameless pirate guy

Accept: Nameless pirate!?

Yup. Since some people are obviously wondering: The Nameless Pirate is right here. His description... further shows off my inability to spell dragon breeds.

Located high up a remote mountain and guarded by frostbite and ice dragons, the Snowfall Assembly is only stumbled across by the deeply determined or desperately lost. Even if the resident solstice takes pity on a lost traveler, they must still prove their worth to the Council of Winter. Anyone allowed to stay will become an expert in all forms of magic related to cold or winter.

Quantumflame is best known for the blue highlights on her ribbons, which give her dances an extra air of mystery. Her admirers drape themselves in fabric of the same color, hoping to capture some of her grace. To her dismay, the fabric tends to trip her up when they try dancing with her.

Accept: loollololollololo Quantumflame seems like a charmer! Creative and lovely dragon!! <3 smile.gif Interesting how Zihaah is the one who won her heart... I wonder how ;P -

(...Good question. I have no idea, but there should be a story there. Zifaah isn't Assembly material, given what caligenes do, but it's easy enough to remove that first paragraph and put Quantumflame somewhere else (or add a few sentences about her leaving the Assembly.)

Red and White Crown, or just plain Crown, has been looking for love for a long time. She has watched many others grow up and then turn away. All she wished for was love, but no dragon ever gave her a second look. She wanted children to continue her line, but one day an Aeon Wyvern named Jewels That Are Falling Stars came to her and told her that her wish for children of her own would never be fulfilled. But over the months and after talking with Jewels for quite some time, Crown realized that, though she would never have children of her own, that did not mean se would never find love. And she realized she had found that love in Jewels.

The two enjoy taking long, lakeside walks and moonlit flights.

Now they have also adopted three hatchlings and have raised them into adulthood. Read Flute, Circus Calliope, and Red and White Fern are all part of the new family.

Reject: Description conflict. Rogal crimsons don't pay attention to smaller dragons.

Accept:

Accept:

Well, that is true, but I never said she paid attention to them as hatchlings. In fact, I never even said she paid attention to them when they were hatchlings in her 'children's' description. I'll edit it anyway so it says something like this: Crown looked after them when they were eggs, but became to busy when they hatched, so Jewels took over. Or do you think changing the word hatchlings in this sentence: "Now they have also adopted three hatchlings and have raised them into adulthood." to eggs would look better?

Edited by Choppedmint

Description for this lumina dragon, named "Hermaphroditos":

In the sea without lees, stands the dragon of Hermes,

Plucking his wings vigorously, and making himself blemish free.

When all his scales be from him gone, he stands still here as a stone,

Here is now both white and red, and all so the stone to quicken the dead,

All and some without fable, both hard and soft and malleable,

Understand now well and right, and thank you God of this sight.

"Hermaphroditos is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."

This description has been pending for like two years.

Someone Rejected it on the basis that it was a "near exact quote from Hellsing" and I should "explain how this relates to (my) dragon". ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! This is adapted from the The Ripley Scroll, a real life text that talks about the philosopher's stone, dating from the 15th century. Not from a freaking show or whatever. Plus, I already changed it to better suit a lumina dragon, thank you.

The original passage from the real life text:

In the sea without lees

Standeth the bird of Hermes

Eating his wings variable

And maketh himself yet full stable

When all his feathers be from him gone

He standeth still here as a stone

Here is now both white and red

And all so the stone to quicken the dead

All and some without fable

Both hard and soft and malleable

Understand now well and right

And thank you God of this sight

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Anyway, I changed it again and resubmitted it. Hopefully now the uneducated ones won't come up with stupid reasons as to why it's inappropriate, but I'm sure the stupid will find a way. "Life, uh, finds a way" - well so does, uh, the stupid, Dr. Ian Malcolm. So does the stupid.

New version of my description:

Hermaphroditos prefers to be known simply as "Hermes". He adores his mate Salmacis, and lives only to impress her with his beauty. In his quest for perfection, he seeks recognition from Physis, Mother of Creation - the Guardian of Nature who oversees Celesteon's dragons of the elements of Light, Life, Earth and Water. He believes that if she notices his beauty, it will be proof that he is worthy of Salmacis' adoration. Here is a satirical poem written by Celesteon, adapted from The Ripley Scroll, to describe Hermes' obsession:

In a sea without lees, stands the dragon named Hermes,

Plucking his wings vigorously, and making himself blemish free.

When all his scales be from him gone, he stands here still as a stone,

Blended shades of white and red, an awful sight that could quicken the dead,

Spare not a scale was he able, not hard nor soft nor malleable,

Understand now well and right, and blame the GoN for this sight.

"Hermaphroditos is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."

In Greek mythology, Hermaphroditus was the son of Aphrodite and Hermes. He was born a remarkably handsome boy with whom the water nymph Salmacis fell in love with. She prayed to be united forever. A god, in answer to her prayer, merged their two forms into one and transformed them into an androgynous form. - from Wikipedia. My dragon's mate is an Undine named Salmacis.

What do ya'll think? Did I make the description clear enough? I didn't realise that literally nobody would get the reference, so I made it obvious as heck. Hopefully it's good now.

What do ya'll think? Did I make the description clear enough? I didn't realise that literally nobody would get the reference, so I made it obvious as heck. Hopefully it's good now.

There's always some nut who will reject anything for minor reasons - all that matters is what the official moderators think. I get things like that occasionally too; I wouldn't stress about it.

In fact, I got one the other day:

When war is at hand, Healing-D-Vision is one of the first dragons to offer her presence of the front lines. While most other whites consider her to be either stupidly reckless or outright insane, many who have fought beside her attest to the value of her presence. She is a master of healing physical trauma and never heads to the front lines without her satchel of anti-venoms for the most common poisons - including dragonsbane. While she is swift, she still gets hit by arrows; and she bears a number of scars from wounds she never got around to properly fixing.

It is said that D-Vision's staff is cursed to drain the life of whomever touches it to create a reservoir of vivacious energy, which she then uses while at war. It is not clear if this is true and if so, who or what cast the enchantment, nor whether or not it effects D-Vision herself. Some say PARANOiA, who often steals the staff, is at fault, others blame a certain vampire or the infamous Thyras.

Reject: ,,Front line" is a word mainly reffering to the positional war, first case of which was in world war I, soooo...

Last I checked, 'front line' referred in any war to where the troops were actively attacking each other - as supposed to where all the support (generals, dentists, etc.) were waiting - with no specific association with any war in particular.

Now, on another note:

0OlZE thinks that all humans are fools for hunting dragons in search of jewels. He steals footstools from the creatures he ridicules. In the evenings, he likes to stand in pools as the day cools. He has tried attending several schools, but can never seem to follow their rules. His second-favorite food is mules.

Accept: *challenges him to some duels* tongue.gif

I missed that one. I may need to re-write it into the description.

Doggedly persistent, once Tanacious sets himself a goal he is will not give up. He overcomes the problems that stem from his beige scales by being too stubborn to let anything kill him, though he often ecru-es a lot of bruises. After all the struggles, he has become rather buff-ed. Sometimes he can keep secrets, but he usually drops too many tan-talizing clues.

Abstain: Sentence 1: omit "is" as it's a typo. Also, why are there dashes between the words ecrues, buffed, and tantalizing? -newt

It's for the puns; mostly because 'accrues' (collects) and 'ecru' (colour) are spelt differently. I wanted to clarify that that part isn't a typo. Thanks for catching the 'is', though.

Baloonamint is a desipis-slayer. He uses his reputation as a useless mint to fool his quarry into indifference, then back-stabs them once they believe he is in their thrall. To keep himself safe from the mind-control, he wears a helmet made of thin sheets of tin. Of course, he cannot hear any form of telepathy through it, so he put on some antennae (of the same material) to catch signals. Supposedly this does not reduce its effectiveness against mind control.

...At least, that's what he claims. There are no desipises in his part of the Madder Jungle, and the few who tempt entering the rainforest are inevitably driven away by the composite wont of sanity among the locals. He certainly likes to brag, at least.

Accept: D'aaaw this is perfect biggrin.gif -H

Accept:Accept: Foil hats, ha ha. Ah, another madder dragon -DT

Abstain: tempt entering? composite wont? hunh??

Vocabulary, everyone. In some contexts, tempt = attempt; and wont is a semi-archaic word for lack.

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM