mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oops. xd.png I meant this egg, lol.

I'll mull over things a bit more later. Just got home and need a nap. xd.png

I'll take the little eggie if it still needs a home... smile.gif

I'll take the egg if it's still available.

Thanks for explaining that... Sadly my red that was going to be the mate of my gold possibly gendered female... though i was sure to influence... drat, looks like I need to cath anotehr CB red

Sounds good.

I was just tossing ideas out there. If anyone else has input, feel free. This is kind of a group project-lineage thing anyway.

Have a good nap! I'm gonna go take a nice long bubble bath after a nice long trail-ride with my dad. I <3 my horse biggrin.gif

I'll take the egg if it's still available.

Bronze (Sunsong) successfully transfered to klinneah. Enjoy! I'll see if Feyveneth is as quick to catch the one I intended him to fly this time. lol

Teglar's queen egg has finally hatched after giving the Dragonmen some worry. All the Bronze's were very excited when the big golden egg started to crak seeing as their old queen had been dead some time now.

This little girl definitely brought excitement to her weyr and great things are expected of the little darling.

Here she is: Roselewth

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

I also had another idea - we could figure out various Halls to use, use the "of Pern" ending, or even use "of ___" and use a Weyr.

That's a fantastic idea! It'd add a lot of depth to the lineage to have "___th of ___ Hold/Weyr" as an alternative name-type from the standard "___th of Pern". That's kind of what I was doing with my newly inaugurated "___ of Harper Hall" line of pygmy fire-lizards (only one is named as yet, but another should hatch tomorrow~).

Watchweyrs are cool! <3

I saw someone mention their eggs being watched over by one (a red?) and I thought that was cute.

That was me! biggrin.gif I've been thinking of the dragons that influence or incubate my eggs as anonymous watchwhers, since they don't have Pern names (most of them having been named before I joined the lineage) but still interact with Pern eggs. (Don't worry, I'm not influencing lineage eggs, just the CBs for their mates.)

And Infiniteviking - in your case, I'm not sure. o_o  Yours is kind of an offshoot line from my queen that started with the deepsea, so I suppose your deepsea is the "queen" of your section/Wing/etc.  You could rotate until another deepsea is produced, if you want. That way you'll be moving your line along instead of sitting at that one dragon producing eggs forever. xd.png  Or you could wait until a hatchling gendered female and make that the new "queen" of the line. No influencing! tongue.gif

Hmm, ok... perhaps I'll try to persuade Kaiidth to produce offspring of several colors, get a low-gen gold to be the queen and hope that all the kids gender male. This could get complicated!~

And I hope you had a good trail ride! xd.png

Eragon, congrats on Telgar's queen hatching!

Could someone breed me a Bronze? preferably Sunsong?

Sure, no problem. Anytime you're unlocked, shoot me a PM.

Tagath of Pern flew Faranth, but they were unsuccessful in producing any eggs.

sad.gif

I'm going offline for possibly a few days. I'm having some computer issues. Just fyi, incase anyone PM's me and I don't answer. lol I'll be back when I can. smile.gif

I would like to join

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: High Reaches or Monaco Bay

Pair: Senior

Intend to freeze: No

Hi Dragon Breeders of Pern-

Jalith of Monaco Bay successfully clutched again this week. There is a nice little Bronze (black) eggie warming on the sands for someone willing to give it a home. He/She will be a 2nd generation with a Black/Gold lineage. Maybe a nice mate for someone?

Let me know... I'll be online after 9:30 pm EST and can meet in IRC to coordinate.

I've also just managed to pick up a Fell dragon egg that will hopefully gender male; I'll try to breed it to Jalith, and if it is successful, will give it a Pernese name.

Keep fingers crossed!

Cat

Telgar's Queen is maturing and shall be flying any time soon [once room on my scroll.] for one of the bronze's to catch her. Hopefully someone will come along to late with her and produce an egg...

Tonight after several females rose to fly over the weekend it seems that Sunsoth of Pern (sunsong and the weyr's first female bronze) decided it was her time to try too. biggrin.gif

She was caught by blue Skypiath (skywing) and has laid her first egg. A cute little bronze now lies on the hatching ground next to Ista's other eggs.

If any one is interested in adopting this little one, feel free to pm

Edited by tsubasafan

Would you mind if I made an off-shoot project of this? I already have the Queen, a bronze, and two browns (all whiptails) for it. I was going to go through all three of them and then progress to blue if after a few matings each they hadn't produced.

Eldrec and Tsubasafan, congrats on your dragons' clutches!

My status report: Benden's blue Kaiidth seemed ready to rise today and brown Crwth's rider tried to get him to fly her, but both dragons refused to cooperate. Crwth's rider knows better now (especially since bronze Wrath has taken to teasing the hapless pair). tongue.gif They'll be transferred to a different wing when there's another lineaged female dragon in this part of the weyr, and in the meantime, Kaiidth's wing will be seeking a substitute brown.

The Weyr is still awaiting a future egg from Fort's Messoriath, but is (I think) second in line, so no rush. ^^

Edited by infiniteviking

Would you mind if I made an off-shoot project of this? I already have the Queen, a bronze, and two browns (all whiptails) for it. I was going to go through all three of them and then progress to blue if after a few matings each they hadn't produced.

What exactly did you have in mind?

And congrats to everyone's clutches! I wish my gold was more cooperative xd.png; It's either "no eggs" or outright refusal. T_T

Anyone have their Queen's end up as ER's in the Hatchling stage? Wondering if this is normal.

EDIT grown up no

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

My Jr. Queen, Trith of Pern, flew and was caught by my Bronze (Sunsong), Amphith... there is now a cute little Bronze egg waiting in the warm sand of Honshu. Will PM those on the list, but if someone is on and wants the baby, I might be talked into relinquishing it to them, since I'm scroll locked right now wink.gif PM me if you are interested smile.gif

New Bronze egg

Just a quick update. Milzith's newest egg (sunsong) is showing signs of hatching soon. We also have a new brown hatchling.

Ista also welcomes a new matured brown, Sandth of Pern, to our ranks.

I was planning to use Falmas and Rising Sun Weyrs, both made up and owned by myself and a friend, who might use Rising Sun. Names would be "Blahth of Falmas Weyr" or "Exampleth of Rising Sun Weyr". The breeding methods would be similar to yours, but before you can drop down a color level, you have to try all available males of the color level above at least two or three times. I.e.: You have the gold, a male hellfire, two male whiptails, and a male guardian. Unless the dragons refuse to go near each other, you have to try the bronze/brown level dragons at least two times each before going to the guardian.

The same rule about set mates applies once the pairing produces a gold. If you get more dragons of a prior color level, i.e. whiptails on the blue level, you can either wait until you finish the blues to go back to the new dragons or you can go to the new ones on the next mating. I haven't really thought much more out, but what do you think so far? It would probably be a private project.

My Jr. Queen, Trith of Pern, flew and was caught by my Bronze (Sunsong), Amphith... there is now a cute little Bronze egg waiting in the warm sand of Honshu. Will PM those on the list, but if someone is on and wants the baby, I might be talked into relinquishing it to them, since I'm scroll locked right now wink.gif PM me if you are interested smile.gif

New Bronze egg

Baby safely transferred to dreamer23 smile.gif 1st baby to leave the Honshu WeyrHold, dreamer23 can now be removed from the "Requesters" list smile.gif

The Black hatchling I got from Monaco Bay matured and is named Cavaranth of Pern. He is quite a beautiful young Black too!

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Honshu WeyrHold

Pair: junior

Intend to freeze:No

When I eventualy get a gold egg, would I be able to start a non-cannon weyr?

Edit: I have a friend who has 2 2nd gen golds, and she said she would breed them for me (for a gold egg) so hopefully I'll have a nice shiney 3rd gen (even gen) gold!

So, are non cannon weyr's aloud? Or will this gold need to become a junior queen somewere?

Edited by Zephyr_Drake

Hi all. happy.gif

I'm not back just yet, at least not for trading purposes. Could you please put my request for a Fort egg on hold? I'm borrowing time on others' computers, until I get mine either working again, or a new one. So I can't pick up trades for now. sad.gif

So, in the meantime, I'll just start building up my Wing in Monaco Bay. I'll report back on progress when I can. smile.gif