mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just wanted to let everyone know Evaneth has been settling in at Southern Weyr after her transfer.  She is seemingly un-bothered by her lack of a proper weyr and enjoys basking on a slab of sun-baked earth.  The scent of sweet fellis blossoms fill the air and hunting is good, the sun is warm, and the waters of the nearby ocean cool, deep, and refreshing.  It will not be long before the sun stirs her blood and she rises to mate. 

A promising bronze weyrling (Sunsong influenced male but hasn't hatched yet) has already begun to show a keen interest in the young senior queen of Southern.  But in the end we will see who catches her in the mating flight.

Congrats! That's wonderful! ;D

EDIT:

Jalith has grown!

When she rose to mate, a wild bronze with the strange name of Ciemmero Nox caught her, but no egg was produced. Let's see if a more suitable mate finds her in the future!

First on the list to receive one of Jalith's first clutch is Gyps13.

Have a good week, all.

Cat

That is also awesome. xd.png Good luck!

Edited by mishii

Mishii, can I join with a non-canon weyr? I want to join the project, but all the canon Weyrs are taken. I already have a gold and her mate set up on my scroll for the project.

The name of the Weyr you're requesting to start: Falmas Weyr (my own creation)

Names (and/or links) to the dragon pair for your Weyr gold Anorvereth (3rd gen. Caveborn Frill and gold parents, gold by gold and white caveborns) and whiptail(bronze) To Be Named.

Edited by Dragonmage

I have a Pernese egg, I think. Its father was bronze (black) Koruath out of bronze Celeritath (alt. black) and gold Dulcinath. It's a blue (guardian).

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FMAQ

Do I need to register it or something, or just name it -th?

Hey, nice!

That is a Pern dragon!

If you could name it with a -th ending name and put "of Pern" on the end, that would make it a proper lineage dragon.

If you breed that in the future, just let anyone know the naming scheme if you gift it away, so the lineage grows!

happy.gif

Can do. It's a part of the Green lineage as well, so...

Kadith Green of Pern if male?

Kith Green of Pern of female?

And I shall do that.

After re-reading the first page I need something clarified. Does the mate of the queen need to be CB? My sunsong is not unfortunately...

After re-reading the first page I need something clarified. Does the mate of the queen need to be CB? My sunsong is not unfortunately...

That's what I'm wondering too; my hellfire bronze is a second-gen, but both parents have awesome Pernese names.

Also, until I get a low-gen queen, can I request a non-gold egg descended from someone else's queen and hold the equivalent of a fair or wing subordinate to that queen's Weyr?

Can do. It's a part of the Green lineage as well, so...

Kadith Green of Pern if male?

Kith Green of Pern of female?

And I shall do that.

Those sound fabulous tongue.gif

That's what I'm wondering too; my hellfire bronze is a second-gen, but both parents have awesome Pernese names.

Also, until I get a low-gen queen, can I request a non-gold egg descended from someone else's queen and hold the equivalent of a fair or wing subordinate to that queen's Weyr?

No, the mates don't HAVE to be CB. That idea was originally there because I was aiming to get a CB gold, and CB mates going down the lineage would look nice.

When I started this thing, it was going to be a personal project, which quickly became a public one. So some of the original rules might be a little - strange. >>;

The mates of queens should be named in a Pernese fashion with "of Pern" at the end, because it will make finding direct lines from queens easier. Mates of other offspring don't need to be named as such - which means you can use other dragons from other lineages that are already named. Of course, you can also use dragons from other lineages as Queen's mates, just as long as there is a Pernese name in there with the suffix of "of Pern" in there (or as close to a suffix as possible, considering all the crazy lineages out there with prefix and suffix rules ^^).

Does that make sense?

I'm typing this with a massive migraine D: Blarg.

On the "non-cannon weyrs", my thoughts are, "Not right now."

The project is small (though hopefully not for long), and the lists we have right now aren't even full. I'd wait until we get a good number of members and dragons built up first, then discuss the idea again.

Just my 2 cents. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

My poor pair is all set up, but I'll join anyway. One question though, can the "retired" mate for the Senior Queen continue breeding with her, and only her, or is he out of the program entirely?

Edited by Dragonmage

On the "non-cannon weyrs", my thoughts are, "Not right now."

The project is small (though hopefully not for long), and the lists we have right now aren't even full. I'd wait until we get a good number of members and dragons built up first, then discuss the idea again.

Just my 2 cents. happy.gif

Yeah - I'm just putting this out there to get a feel for what you guys think of the idea.

If it's positive, once we get more people requesting eggs, we'll come back to this topic.

Those of you who have eggs/queens/mates set up or on hold, keep holding them. Hopefully soon we'll be bigger and busier!

<3

My poor pair is all set up, but I'll join anyway. One question though, can the "retired" mate for the Senior Queen continue breeding with her, and only her, or is he out of the program entirely?

Retired Mates of Senior Queens (the one that produced the gold) can continue breeding with her and only her. He cannot be used for future queens.

As for non-canon weyrs we should establish the founding weyrs first. Like in the books they didn't have southern weyr until weyr until the older ones were filled and running out of room. ( at least that's how I remember it, it's been years ^^; )

Once we get the founding weyrs established with a strong lineage, it shouldn't be too bad to have one or two new weyrs established and maybe even have dragons from other weyrs go to the new weyrs to help stregthen their lineages.

On a side note Milzith's second bronze (whiptail) hatchling should mature sometime tonight smile.gif if anyone's interested in him or her newest bronze (sunsong) egg.

This weekend I might also try to make some banners if anyone has ideas.

Edited by tsubasafan

That is good to know then. I mean I would love a male Sunsong CB but for now, this bred one of mine will have to do I suppose.

On the matter of additional Weyrs how far into the current pass is Pern? Obviously we have discovered Landing and Avias or we wouldn't have Monaco and Eastern Weyrs as well as Honshu. Later on after the end of the pass it is hinted that other places like Xanadu would become dragonrider territory.

For now in the North I think that Fort, Benden, Telgar, High Reaches, Ista, and Igen are sufficient including the three Weyrs in the South: Southern, Eastern, and Monaco Weyr as well as Honshu (if we even use that one) are plenty. Once there is one senior queen and (three?) junior queens for each of the Weyrs I could see us stepping out of the canon world in a realistic manner keeping ancient settlement names like Xanadu, Calusa, and the others.

That is good to know then. I mean I would love a male Sunsong CB but for now, this bred one of mine will have to do I suppose.

On the matter of additional Weyrs how far into the current pass is Pern? Obviously we have discovered Landing and Avias or we wouldn't have Monaco and Eastern Weyrs as well as Honshu. Later on after the end of the pass it is hinted that other places like Xanadu would become dragonrider territory.

For now in the North I think that Fort, Benden, Telgar, High Reaches, Ista, and Igen are sufficient including the three Weyrs in the South: Southern, Eastern, and Monaco Weyr as well as Honshu (if we even use that one) are plenty. Once there is one senior queen and (three?) junior queens for each of the Weyrs I could see us stepping out of the canon world in a realistic manner keeping ancient settlement names like Xanadu, Calusa, and the others.

That about nails it on the head (Tsubasa, you too, with sending dragons to the new Weyrs).

And you're totally right. There was talk of the dragonriders expanding out to those places, I forgot about that. That would be a great direction to go when that time comes.

We are using Honshu Weyrhold, btw. All Weyrs have been spoken for. happy.gif We just need to get the lineages strong. ^^

It would be good once each weyr gets a couple of junior queens and breeding on a regular basis, then we can exchange eggs if we want. Since in the books I know they traded wings at least between weyrs and it would help spread lineages. We just have to be careful about inbreeding or mixing lines too much.

I think we should include non-canon Weyrs as soon as possible. We want to get more people interested in this project and I know some people won't want to join if they can't have their own line. This would also give us many more breeding options to avoid imbreeding if it bugs us. To me it just makes sense to include more of the Dragon Cave Pern fan population, even if that means branching out the Weyrs to non-canon.

I think it would be best to focus on the weyrs that are listed already and get them established with their lineages before expanding. If you expand to fast you could end up with a bunch of non canon weyrs building their lineages and less work going towards getting the founding weyrs established with their own lineages.

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Honshu

Pair: Don't care.

Intend to freeze: No way!

Is this allowed?

Of course you can request an egg! biggrin.gif

I am tired of digging through my Pern books to decide...

Was Monaco Weyr formally Eastern Weyr before they picked a more appropriate name for it?

Or are we missing a canon Weyr?

I looked through several of the books and from what I have found Eastern Weyr and Monaco Weyr is the same weyr