mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@Gyps That's fine! Hopefully you'll get that fixed up soon!

@zephyr and dragonmage: I'm still considering that idea for non-canon weyrs. We're still pretty small compared to other lineages. Also, Dragonmage, I'm not sure how your offshoot would be a personal project, as that is pretty much the same as my (group) project. I'm not trying to be mean, promise T_T I just don't understand how it will be different enough to not be confused with my project here.

On a side note, I'm not feeling very well at all, and I think I caught my dad's really bad cold. I'm updating the first page with the new/completed requests. If any of the Weyrleaders sees a request that shouldn't be there anymore, one I missed, or incomplete Weyr Dragons lists, PM me or list here in the thread and I'll fix it.

I think I got them all. o.o

This afternoon Ista's queen Milzith rose to fly and was caught by bronze Falloth. They produced a nice little bronze that is resting with our other bronze egg, while her newest hatchling is showing signs of being close to maturing.

It also seems someone has stumbled across another bronze egg while around the weyr that has no parents, it's been adopted and may be a future mate for Milzith. biggrin.gif

ZD, congrats on your black dragon! ^^

Gyps, good luck with your Monaco Bay wing and with getting your computer issues resolved.

tsubasafan, congrats on your bronzes! biggrin.gif

Mishii, feel better soon!!

I'd also requested an egg from Fort; here's the form again:

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Fort

Pair: Messoriath / Imperioth

Intend to freeze: No

News: we had a green egg warming on our sands, but it turned out to be a girl and thus can't be a mate for Kaiidth. Our wing is therefore still looking for a CB bright-breasted wyvern male green; if Kaiidth happens to rise again before we find one, bronze Wrath might get a second chance to fly her.

(Harper Hall's fire lizard population also expands apace, with an egg and hatchling coming along nicely, and a potential mate for Zair whose name hasn't been revealed yet. I want to introduce her to Zair before naming her, but need to be unlocked tomorrow. Does anyone want a second-gen pygmy Harper Hall fire-lizard egg if they do get along?)

The Black hatchling I got from Monaco Bay matured and is named Cavaranth of Pern. He is quite a beautiful young Black too!

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Honshu WeyrHold

Pair: junior

Intend to freeze:No

When I eventualy get a gold egg, would I be able to start a non-cannon weyr?

Edit: I have a friend who has 2 2nd gen golds, and she said she would breed them for me (for a gold egg) so hopefully I'll have a nice shiney 3rd gen (even gen) gold!

So, are non cannon weyr's aloud? Or will this gold need to become a junior queen somewere?

Hi ZD-

I'm so thrilled that Cavaranth has found a good home. Now you are family.

No dragon should remain Weyrless, especially family. Please consider staying with Gyps and me on the beautiful sands of Monaco Bay, at least until our population becomes too numerous to be logistically comfortable and you (perhaps) get a queen.

Maybe at that time, another site can be dredged up from the deep, dark, recesses of Pernese lore to house another weyr! I mean, there are almost two dozen books, written by Ann and her son... there is probably another site mentioned in there, somewhere. You'll just have to go out to your nearest used book store and start (re)reading.

Jalith is a friendly, open Queen who enjoys basking in the warm sunshine in the sand with her weyrmates. And there is plenty of sand and sunshine for everyone!

Yours truly,

Jalith's DragCave 'owner',

eldrec

Hi ZD-

I'm so thrilled that Cavaranth has found a good home. Now you are family.

No dragon should remain Weyrless, especially family. Please consider staying with Gyps and me on the beautiful sands of Monaco Bay, at least until our population becomes too numerous to be logistically comfortable and you (perhaps) get a queen.

Maybe at that time, another site can be dredged up from the deep, dark, recesses of Pernese lore to house another weyr! I mean, there are almost two dozen books, written by Ann and her son... there is probably another site mentioned in there, somewhere. You'll just have to go out to your nearest used book store and start (re)reading.

Jalith is a friendly, open Queen who enjoys basking in the warm sunshine in the sand with her weyrmates. And there is plenty of sand and sunshine for everyone!

Yours truly,

Jalith's DragCave 'owner',

eldrec

I acsept your offer!

I have friends (brother and sister) who have multipe copies of every book ever written by Anne and Tod... Because their father knows her personaly! So I can get to re-reading asap.

I have actualy only read "first fall" and other books set about the same time.

1 question: is it safe on the southern contant again for a wyer? Or do all the mutant cheetahs make it unsafe?

Cavaranth is currently enjoying his training, and I have no intention of letting him fly any queens soon! (not that I have one)

Once again, thank you.

Cavaranth's Tender

ZD

Telgar's Queen: Roselewth

link: http://dragcave.net/view/n/Roselewth

She'll be rising to mate soon as we had an egg auto abandon recently so she'll be rising for another mate soon

On other matters, we have a new mature bronze, currently un-named who will be flying her next. If successful I will offer up the egg to another weyr if anyone wants it. It'll be by this male: http://dragcave.net/view/5SII

Hi DragonBreeders of Pern-

Jalith has risen to fly again, and was caught by a new bronze (hellfire) in our wing. His name is Zorith, and they have a nice, second-gen bronze egg on the hatching sands. I think Ldyfsh asked for my next egg (sorry, mishii - forgot to tell you to add her to my list).

Jalith has been very prolific - hopefully, one week, there will be a rather metallic-looking egg on our sands!

Have a good day all,

eldrec

The bronze egg from Honshu WeyrHold has hatched today. I am just waiting for the hatchling to gender before I choose a name for it.

The bronze from Monaco Bay (lol, I had to go look up which Weyr my little bronze came from) has gendered female. Thanks again Gyps! As such, she will probably be the queen of my wing.

Weyr: Monaco Bay

Bronze (hellfire) egg, 2nd gen from Jalith and Zorith

eldrec -> Ldyfsh

SUCCESS!

Good luck, Ldyfsh!

Edited by eldrec

Hi, folks! Not much to report here -- bronze Wrath and blue Kaiidth flew again, but no egg was produced. The Harper Hall fire-lizard line was luckier: there's a second-gen pygmy fire-lizard egg tucked away here in a warm kettle of sand. If no one wants it, I'm keeping it.~

Congrats on all the clutches and transfers lately! ^^

*edit* Hm, there may be news after all -- a forgotten CB pebble green egg has been found in an abandoned corner of the hatching grounds, and hopes are high that the occupant can be added to Kaiidth's wing. Will update when there's progress.

Edited by infiniteviking

Hi, folks! Not much to report here -- bronze Wrath and blue Kaiidth flew again, but no egg was produced. The Harper Hall fire-lizard line was luckier: there's a second-gen pygmy fire-lizard egg tucked away here in a warm kettle of sand. If no one wants it, I'm keeping it.~

Congrats on all the clutches and transfers lately! ^^

I would love to take the fire-lizard, if it hasn't found a home yet smile.gif

Telgar's Queen: Roselewth

link: http://dragcave.net/view/n/Roselewth

She'll be rising to mate soon as we had an egg auto abandon recently so she'll be rising for another mate soon

On other matters, we have a new mature bronze, currently un-named who will be flying her next. If successful I will offer up the egg to another weyr if anyone wants it. It'll be by this male: http://dragcave.net/view/5SII

We have trouble over here at Telgar. The Un-named bronze was sent to fly with our lovely queen and had an outright refusal. Looks like they'll never breed. Anyone got a good Weyr bred fellfire I could get?

We here at Telgar are very unhappy with them both. Hopefully a new mate can be produced before her next mating flight in a weeks time.

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

Sorry to hear that, Eragon.

Faranth is refusing to lay any eggs with ANY of the fine dragons who have flown her. No outright refusals, but no eggs. *gives her some extra tasty wherries* Breeeeed!!!

We have trouble over here at Telgar. The Un-named bronze was sent to fly with our lovely queen and had an outright refusal. Looks like they'll never breed. Anyone got a good Weyr bred fellfire I could get?
Sorry to hear that... wish Kaiidth and Wrath had come through last night. :/

Faranth is refusing to lay any eggs with ANY of the fine dragons who have flown her. No outright refusals, but no eggs. *gives her some extra tasty wherries* Breeeeed!!!
Awwww. Maybe she just really likes Rogath? wink.gif At least they have offspring.

Hi, Ldyfsh! smile.gif The egg is indeed still here; I'll PM you about it.

Thank you!!! Will take good care of it... My dragon Queen, Kultath, is watching over it as if it were her own smile.gif Which is good since she has flown every week since giving me a gold the 1st time and has had no interest in her mate, Bronze Satanath ever since... guess she figures she did her duty by providing a Jr. Queen for the weyr and has decided to take a vacation sad.gif

Edited by Ldyfsh

Thank you!!! Will take good care of it... My dragon Queen, Kultath, is watching over it as if it were her own smile.gif Which is good since she has flown every week since giving me a gold the 1st time and has had no interest in her mate, Bronze Satanath ever since... guess she figures she did her duty by providing a Jr. Queen for the weyr and has decided to take a vacation sad.gif

Awwww. biggrin.gif Beauty and Zair are so proud.~ Better luck with Kultath and Satanath in the future!

Can I be added to the Honshu list for a new bronze? Will be happy if its a BBW, the only dragons i do not need are the whiptails in that category. I alredy have 4

I am in MAJOR need of a gold...

I think I'll start collecting CB mates until I get one.

Do I have this right? Breed A to B, C, D and then E until they produce a gold, then they stay as a mated pair?

I am in MAJOR need of a gold...

I think I'll start collecting CB mates until I get one.

Do I have this right? Breed A to B, C, D and then E until they produce a gold, then they stay as a mated pair?

Yes. You breed the queen down the ranks until she breeds a gold (you can recycle the ranks if you run out of CB's, or any mates you have picked out). then you do the same with the new queen. The mate that produces the gold egg stays mated to that queen forever (you can use it in other projects if you want, just not in the Pern project).