mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Because I just picked up a few Pebble off the AP with -th endings to their names, wanted to know if I had more accidental Pernese eggs. Just to know what to name them was all.

Because I just picked up a few Pebble off the AP with -th endings to their names, wanted to know if I had more accidental Pernese eggs. Just to know what to name them was all.

Ah, I see! I checked them out (yay clicks biggrin.gif) none of them are Pern Dragons, though.

By the way, your deepsea is totally using my personal nickname, Mi-Chan. biggrin.gif That's awesome. /cheers

Yes, yay clicks! Okay, so no naming requirements to violate or anything, that's good...

Michan? *innocent face* Maaaybee... 'F you want one of her eggs, I actually found a dragon she likes. (I like her name too)

Yes, yay clicks! Okay, so no naming requirements to violate or anything, that's good...

Michan? *innocent face* Maaaybee... 'F you want one of her eggs, I actually found a dragon she likes. (I like her name too)

Heh, perhaps when I'm unlocked biggrin.gif

Mishii, Faranth and Rogeth's baby hatched! ^^ I didn't end up influencing it, though, so we'll have to wait a few days to see whether it's a boy or girl.

Mishii, Faranth and Rogeth's baby hatched! ^^ I didn't end up influencing it, though, so we'll have to wait a few days to see whether it's a boy or girl.

Congratulations! biggrin.gif

Congratulations! biggrin.gif

Thanks! biggrin.gif

I haz Menolly's Beauty on mah shcrowwwwww!

It's a pygmy. Go me.

AAWWWW! Brilliant idea! I wish the pygmys did come in colors so we could make them a sub-lineage.

It would! It'd be fun to see what a blue or bronze pygmy would look like. smile.gif They're perfect fire lizards.

..News: Faranth and Rogeth's blue baby is now officially a girl. Her name is Kaiidth of Pern!

Hi I would love to try and join in the fun, Do I join a weyr or what. I just got my first gold egg. Didn't check it linage cause I didnt know I would find you guys.

Please let me know, It has been a long long time since I read the dragon riders series. I will have to open up the retirement chest. I put them up to reread when I retired. Guess now will do.

Hi I would love to try and join in the fun, Do I join a weyr or what. I just got my first gold egg. Didn't check it linage cause I didnt know I would find you guys.

Please let me know, It has been a long long time since I read the dragon riders series. I will have to open up the retirement chest. I put them up to reread when I retired. Guess now will do.

Right now, you can request an egg from any of the Weyrs on the first page. It's a few days out of date, due to the last week of school for me, so I'm only in here a few minutes a time. :/

Basically, if you receive an egg from any of us, you must name it in a Pernese fashion (a -th ending) and then add "of Pern" on the end.

You can use your gold as a mate to any egg you get from here, but the "gold requirement" was really only to start the weyrs with Queens.

BKSjgsdklgds I need to go to sleep, it's 5am. >.<

I'll update soon guys. I see new names and things - I'll try and get to it tomorrow. i'll have some free time after my class.

<3

I'm still trying to get Kith to breed... let's just say she's being pretty unco-operative. *stares at dragon*

Wanted to say so far from Milzith she has given us at Ista four bronzes out of her only four flights! biggrin.gif Must be the tropical climate here. They are: Oberiath, Runeseth, and two unnamed bronzes. ( one gendered female and the other is still a hatchling)

Has anyone else had a lot of sucess with their queens?

Kultath flew today, but had no interest in her Bronze (Hellfire) mate, Satanath... guess laying a Gold last week just tuckered her out... will try again next week... Good news is that Dreamer sent over a cute little bronze eggie to be the prospective mate for my Jr. Queen, Trith smile.gif

Updated with new named queens and mates, and new junior queens...

If I missed one, lemme know.

Faranth will be flying in the next few days, and she's getting antsy. tongue.gif

Kaiidth of Pern has grown up! cool.gif I'm going to start collecting potential mates for her so there's a variety of colors to draw from.

Also, I've finally named my second-gen bronze (who's not weyrbound by lineage but nominally linked to Benden); he's now Wrath of Pern.

If anyone wants an egg out of Benden's deepsea blue Kaiidth and fellfire bronze Wrath, PM me and we'll work out a time to make an attempt!

Kaiidth of Pern has grown up! cool.gif I'm going to start collecting potential mates for her so there's a variety of colors to draw from.

Also, I've finally named my second-gen bronze (who's not weyrbound by lineage but nominally linked to Benden); he's now Wrath of Pern.

If anyone wants an egg out of Benden's deepsea blue Kaiidth and fellfire bronze Wrath, PM me and we'll work out a time to make an attempt!

Congrats! That's an excellent name! /cheers

Hi DragonBreeders of Pern!

Jalith has finally had a successful mating flight. She has produced a nice, second-gen bronze (black) egg that is warming on the hatchery sands. I believe Gyps13 is first in line to receive one of Jalith's eggs?

Not sure how this usually works.

Hope you all have a good evening,

Cat

Ista's queen Milzith flew today and was caught by bronze Falloth, no egg was laid though seems all the eggs she's given the weyr tuckered her out. tongue.gif

Also I still have a nice bronze hatchling if anyone's interested. smile.gif

I wanted to ask if we breed or other dragons now that aren't our queen? And do they have to follow the books? Like all dragons must be male, except for green which are all female and we breed them accordingly.

Edited by tsubasafan

Hi DragonBreeders of Pern!

Jalith has finally had a successful mating flight. She has produced a nice, second-gen bronze (black) egg that is warming on the hatchery sands. I believe Gyps13 is first in line to receive one of Jalith's eggs?

Not sure how this usually works.

Hope you all have a good evening,

Cat

Hooray! Congrats on the successful flight!

I can unlock at anytime, so just shoot me a PM when you're available for trading. smile.gif

Ista's queen Milzith flew today and was caught by bronze Falloth, no egg was laid though seems all the eggs she's given the weyr tuckered her out. tongue.gif

Also I still have a nice bronze hatchling if anyone's interested. smile.gif

I wanted to ask if we breed or other dragons now that aren't our queen? And do they have to follow the books? Like all dragons must be male, except for green which are all female and we breed them accordingly.

Do you mean offspring from your queens, or your "retired" queens and mates?

As for genders, I'm bending canon a bit and saying that dragons can be both genders except the queens. Gives us a bit more leeway for breeding variety.

Was that what you meant?

EDIT: Egg traded off in IRC.

Edited by mishii

Yes our second gen eggs from uor queens smile.gif

I was worried before about a female bronze I had, guess I'll start buildings up the lower ranks now.

Bronze Obliareth caught green Minith of Pern when she rose today and produced a bronze egg.

Edited by tsubasafan

Ugh. I scroll-locked myself again. -__-

I'm starting up in the 5th Element lineage. xd.png

And I don't mean to be greeeeeedy, but may I request that one of you who has a CB gold, if you end up with an extra 2nd-gen gold, could you try to toss one my way? If one pops up and you're feeling generous. biggrin.gif I'd love to have a few visiting junior queens from the other Weyrs. xd.png;; (Also the ability to breed short-gen golds for others ^^)

Another note: has anyone been able to scare up some good images of Weyrbadges? I've only been able to find "unofficial" ones, and they're not great quality. I'd love for us to get some banners going. o.o

Faranth is running into Blue mates now. I need to go rustle up some more Bronzes for her. .__.;

Yes our second gen eggs from uor queens smile.gif

I was worried before about a female bronze I had, guess I'll start buildings up the lower ranks now.

Bronze Obliareth caught green Minith of Pern when she rose today and produced a bronze egg.

The way I saw it in the books, all the colors (minus green, duh) had the option to catch a Queen (or a green when she was in heat). The Bronzes (and our lovely Browns) were the only ones who really had the STAMINA and such to fly her. But all the other dragons still tried. So here, I'm giving all of them a fair chance biggrin.gif

I'm including male greens so that there's more variety - if you WANT to stick by the book, and have only male bronzes/browns/blues and female greens/Queens, then you can do that, no problem. The "fertility" issue of greens can be handled however you want, depending on what path you want to take.

The only reason I'm saying offspring can breed amongst themselves is because if they didn't, the only breeding female would be the golds. Which don't lay gold eggs all that often. Generations wouldn't be moving very fast at all. While Direct-Queen-Decendants will be slow moving anyway, the secondary Offspring-lineage can move along nicely. And now that we're all trading eggs back and forth, lines can become mixed rather nicely and such. Offspring Line + Offspring Line, or Queen-Line + Offspring Line, etc.

I hope to god that made sense, it's 6:30am and i should be asleep. Couldn't stop watching episodes of Lost on my BF's Netflix. xd.png

Good night and Good morning, everyone. <3

Edited by mishii