mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

EDIT: Do you guys want to keep the "permanant mate" for queen-producing mates, or would you guys like to have the ability to change around mates for the queens? I know golds can get finicky... >_>

The basis of this project was to have a breeding pattern similar to the real Pernese fashion. It's been slightly altered to give more choice, but you can stick to however canon you want.

Basically, this lineage is based on the dragons of Pern. I love the series, and wanted to start a personal lineage, but changed my mind and made it a public one.

Currently, the breeding rules are as follows:

Weyrleaders* start with a CB female Gold (if they have one), a low/medium gen female Gold with a clean line, OR a CB female Sunsong. (*see list below for Weyrs and their Weyrleaders/queens)

From there, they can breed their queens to a variety of mates from the different tiers of colors until they get a queen egg (female gold, or a RANDOMLY gendered female sunsong). When that queen grows up, you use her to continue that line. You may still use any other queens you have, of course. ^^

Weyrleaders then gift eggs to anyone who is interested, and also build up "wings" for their Weyr (for more breeding. Whooo!). You can breed however you like - even gen, stair stepped, random, whatever.

Below are the color categories and the dragons currently sorted. We're mainly keeping to the canon colors and genders except for female hellfires (you may consider that a high-level Bronze, or a Blue Leader of a Wing - roleplay it out if you like) and male greens. Some are keeping to canon only, while some have some entertaining stories to explain the oddball male greens and the powerful female Bronzes.

NAMING SCHEME!

Please put "of Pern" at the end of your dragon's name, and please do your best to name the dragon in a Pernese fashion. That means any name that ends in "th". Eleventh, Ramoth, Targeth, Kelderath, etc.

EXCEPTIONS TO BREEDS/CANON:

The reason I would include the female hellfire in the bronze category is partially for their description - they have superior physical capabilities, and their social structure places them above all males (at least of hellfires, although we can bend that be be above all Pernese males, I suppose). I was thinking that perhaps if you members weren't opposed to it, a female Hellfire could be roleplayed as showing exceptional strength as a youngster and rising though the dragon ranks to become the leader of the dragons in their wing. On the other hand, if you so choose, you may say that they never got the strength and temper to rise through the ranks and are quite happy to stay at their Blue rank.

Male greens may also be allowed if you wish, if canon/non-canon doesn't bother you. Just state if any eggs/hatchie you offer in the thread for adoption are canon or non-canon, so people will know.

-------------------------------------------

CLAIMING A WEYR (Currently closed - might open soon, keep an eye out)

If you would like to request to start a Weyr, choose one that is still open (check 2nd post) and post in the thread with:

[color=blue][b]The name of the Weyr you're requesting to start:
Names (and/or links) to the dragon pair for your Weyr.[/b][/color]

REQUESTING AN EGG

To request an Egg from one of the Weyrs, post with:

[color=green][B]I would like to request an egg!
Weyr:
Pair:
Intend to freeze: Yes/No[/B][/color]

**Please include the Weyr, it makes it easier for me to update the lists.**

I'm thinking of making small badges for the Weyrs, so that when someone gets an egg from a Weyr they can nab a badge.

---------------------------------------------

Well, I didn't see it anywhere else yet, which was sort of a surprise~

I <3 the Dragonriders series, and decided that I wanted to start a lineage - I was going to only do it for myself, but then I decided that it could work for others who wanted to join in.

Weyrleaders and their queens will find the queen a mate* of a Bronze/Brown-colored variety of dragon. If she does not produce a Gold with the first rank (bronze/brown), she'll move on to Blue-variety mates. If those mates are still unsuccessful, she'll move to green. I'm aware that greens were female and not fertile in the books, but I'm using some creative flexing so that I can cover all of the colors (our greens are genetic mutations that came out male. lol) After that, I'll go through White/Albino, Purple, Pink, Black/Grey, and Red.

Extra eggs and male golds, and extra junior queens may be kept or gifted: see Weyr-bred Egg Request list.

*I personally am collecting CB mates for this purpose, it would be nice if other Weyrleaders have a few on hand. I am naming my mates with the of Pern suffix when they produce a female. Mates of non-gold offspring don't have to be named that way, only the offspring themselves.

Once a Gold Female is born, she will become the next queen and will begin to mate when matured. The senior queen can continue to mate, if the Weyrleader so chooses (just be careful of inbreeding, if that is something that bothers you). The Winning Mate that produced the junior queen will then be retired (meaning he'll be taken out of the mating pool for future queens).

For anyone that takes one of the eggs (or possible gold hatchie extras), my requirement is for you to attempt to name them in a scheme similar to the book, and MUST have "Of Pern" on the end (ex: Mnemeth of Pern, or Ramoth of Pern, etc). If you simply cannot come up with a Pernese-sounding name, you must at least put the "of Pern" suffix.

Just a quick comment -

For anyone who is unclear on the naming scheme of Pern dragons, they always end in 'th'. Always. Even if the resulting name is tricky to pronounce.

Examples from the books:

Ramoth

Mnemmeth

Canth

Ruth

To Recap!

First gen: Senior Queen Gold Female to be mated with CB Bronze/Brown, then Blues, then Greens, then on to Purple, Pink, Black/Grey, White, Albino, and other, if any, or if it gets that far.

Second Gen: First Female Gold born to above matings, to be paired in the same fashion, minus the previous Winning Mates.

Rinse and repeat!

***I'm including rare breeds for those of you who want to follow the color scheme when breeding commons that you receive from the Weyrs***

SELECTION FOR:

BRONZE/BROWNS

Sunsongs!

Male Hellfire Wyrms

Whiptail

Autumn Seasonal

BLUES

Daydream

Deep Sea

Guardian

Skywing

Water

Waterhorse

Winter Seasonal

Striped Blue

Bluna

Ice

Thunder

Electric

GREENS

New Speckled

Frill

Pebble

Mint

Neotropical

Green Striped

Vine

Alt Vine

WaterWalker

Striped Green

Spring Seasonal

Summer Seasonal

Canopy

PURPLES/PINKS

Male Purples tongue.gif

Dragon Horse

Purple Dorsal

Sunset

New Pink

Sunrise

Balloon

REDS

Magma

Red

Red Striped

BLACK/GREY

Black

Alt Black

Fog

Stone

Geode

WHITE

White

Albino

White Striped

Silvers

Edited by mishii

Weyr List!

Benden: Me, with Faranth of Pern

High Reaches: Pryde with Dulciath

Fort: elencha with Orlith of Pern

Telgar: EragonSaphiraRider with Roselewth (currently mating with Igorath and Glory of the Whiptail)

Ista: tsubasafan with Milzith

Igen: reserved for skyl1n3

Southern: 21Phoenix with Evanath

Monaco Bay: eldrec and Jalith of Pern

Honshu WeyrHold: ldyfsh with Kultath and her mate, Satanath

Xanadu: Airaani with Elemental Elleth Vex of Pern

BREEDERS: When you gift an egg to someone on your lists, please post in the thread with the following:

[COLOR=purple][B]Weyr:
Gifter  ->  Receiver
SUCCESS/FAIL[/B][/COLOR]

Should look like this:

Weyr: Fort

Gifter -> Receiver

SUCCESS! biggrin.gif

Bred Egg Lists

Benden

1. Pryanka - PM

2. Zephyr_Drake - PM

High Reaches: No dead eggs (failed Vampire bites EXCLUDED), No freezing, must be named according to lineage rules.

1. Guivre - PM

2. Blackchimera - PM - 1st Pair

3. Maskuerade - PM

4. skyl1n3 - PM

5. Zephyr_Drake

Fort: NO freezing for the first 3 generations, no inbreeding

1. Gyps13 - PM - 2nd Gen - ON HOLD!

2. EragonSaphiraRider - PM

3. Klinneah - PM - Would like an egg from Orlith

4. infiniteviking - PM - (Messoriath and Imperioth) - won't freeze

Telgar

1. Pryanka - PM

Ista

1. EragonSaphiraRider - PM - prefers a gold from Milzith.

Igen

Southern

Monaco Bay

1. Gyps13 - PM

2. Zepyhr_Drake - PM

Honshu WeyrHold

1. wolf123 - PM

2. MyrrhDarkwing

3. Zepyhr_Drake - PM

4. EragonSaphiraRider

Xanadu Weyr

1. Gyps13

UPDATES FOR DROPS:

Edited by mishii

Just a quick comment -

For anyone who is unclear on the naming scheme of Pern dragons, they always end in 'th'. Always. Even if the resulting name is tricky to pronounce.

Examples from the books:

Ramoth

Mnemmeth

Canth

Ruth

I'm interested! Especially for the chance to get an extra gold hatchie, but I'm open for any offspring from either bronze, blue, or green categories.

HI... I have been naming my dragons after the Pernese theme since I started, almost 2 yrs ago... I have almost 350 dragons (no dinos, little trees, etc... just dragons) Good luck with finding that CB Gold... in all my time I've only caught 1 CB Gold: Kultath (CB female). She would have been my Pern Queen if I had been able to use one of the "Queen" names, so I made my own (have done that with most of my dragons) smile.gif If this ever takes off as a lineage, I'd love to become part of it smile.gif

Edited by Ldyfsh

I'll tell you what, Ramoth the Golden tops my scroll and has since the day I named her. She's no CB but she'll do just fine... smile.gif I think I'd like to join if I can fit this in with my other projects. happy.gif

Awesome. I'm surprised this hasn't been done before. I've only read the first book though; I need to get down to the library. xd.png

So love these books so I would like to join. And its true about a CB gold, they are practically impossible. I'm still hunting after about 3 years in the game. not even seen one

I love the books too, but I don't know enough about breeding as I haven't been playing here for long.

Actually, the more I think about this project, the better of an idea it is.

Edited by Guivre

*gasps* I can't believe I never thought of this!! This is such a great idea! I would love to get in this once you get started happy.gif

Still interested... here is my CB Female Gold with the Pernese name:

Gold Queen Kultath

Let me know if I can do anything to get this lineage up and going... all my Dragons have Pernese names (over 350 Dragons) smile.gif

It might take a while if you're looking for a CB Gold. Would you consider taking a short gen Gold instead, if it came up? Or maybe a Silver? I know there weren't any silvers in the series, unless you stretch and count Ruth. But you could use a Silver, and maybe make a whole new "Story" of Pern dragons?

Just a thought. It would be a shame for a lovely lineage like this to end before it even started.

My Ramoth is not CB or even short lineaged, but she is free of inbreeding. I agree with Gyps13, it would really suck to see this die before it's really even born.

What an awesome idea. All of my dragons on my scroll are named in the Pernese fashion. smile.gif

I would love to be part of this if it ever takes off, however I don't know about the CB gold. That is going to be hard to come by. I have a 3rd gen female as yet unnamed...

HI, mishii... if you ever want to get this lineage going with my CB Gold female:

Kultath (Kulta is gold in Finnish)

and a CB male of any breed you choose (I'll catch it and you can name it smile.gif ) just let me know and we can get this Pern Lineage going smile.gif

Edited by Ldyfsh

Wow - so many people are interested!

Sorry I haven't been posting or updating - life kind of got in the way.

I'm currently on a waiting list from Pryde for a 2nd gen egg from the Gold Gifting Group - I signed up there before I checked back here - thanks for your offers though guys! Hopefully that will pan out soon!

For everyone who is interested in this project - as soon as I get the egg, I will be giving offspring from the first pair (gold will be named Faranth of Pern with a Whiptail mate, hopefully) and those eggs you can all breed with any pern-themed dragons you have, or any other dragons you all have mentioned for the project.

Any dragon that links back to my pair would be considered part of the legacy happy.gif

I am NOT going to let this die. I will get that egg and get this going! RAWR!

I will happily help out with this lineage! I've been mulling over starting a Pern lineage since I joined the game but never got around to sitting down and planning it out.

Pryde mentioned possibly going in a slightly different direction: instead of having just one pair (my pair), have several pairs, each representing a Weyr.

I like this idea. From what I can recall, there are 7 Weyrs: Telgar, Ista, Igen, Fort, High Reaches, Benden, and Southern. I thought there might be an 8th from The Skies of Pern, but I'm blanking on it.

Pryde said she would like to have High Reaches with Dulciath, her CB gold.

I have a soft spot for Benden, so once I get a gold egg, I'd like to represent Benden Weyr.

If anyone else would like to request a Weyr, or remembers another Weyr I forgot, post with:

The name of the Weyr you're requesting

Names (and/or links) to the dragon pair for your Weyr.

I guess it can be first come first serve?

So far we have:

High Reaches with Dulciath - Pryde

Benden with my future gold

I'm thinking of making small badges for the Weyrs, so that when someone gets an egg from a Weyr they can nab a badge.

How does this sound to you all?

*Editing to the first page as well*

I like that idea. Are we allowed to use short gen golds, or still just CB??

<3 Lib