mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Fort

Pair: Orlith

Intend to freeze: No

I have plenty of green/earth dragons named in Pernese fashion, and I don't mind what egg I get. It would probably be brown or blue, and I have a whiptail egg and another green egg.

Quoting, adding information, as I seem to have been overlooked. tongue.gif

No, the mates don't HAVE to be CB. [...]

The mates of queens should be named in a Pernese fashion with "of Pern" at the end, because it will make finding direct lines from queens easier. Mates of other offspring don't need to be named as such - which means you can use other dragons from other lineages that are already named. Of course, you can also use dragons from other lineages as Queen's mates, just as long as there is a Pernese name in there with the suffix of "of Pern" in there (or as close to a suffix as possible, considering all the crazy lineages out there with prefix and suffix rules ^^).

Good to know! smile.gif Thank you! My bronze has grown up now, and I'll soon be seeking a mate for him.~ Now, as to naming... so if I obtain a queen and he becomes her mate, he has to have "of Pern" on the end of his name, but if I request an egg from someone's Weyr and it doesn't turn out to be a queen, then there's no naming rule? (I plan to name him with the Pernese -th at the end anyhow.)

In the meantime:

Weyr: Benden

Pair: Faranth/Rogeth (gold/deep-sea)

(..I see Faranth on your scroll, but she's not in your front-page lists. Is she the one you mean to start Benden Weyr with? Forgive and ignore if I'm messing up. xd.png)

Quoting, adding information, as I seem to have been overlooked. tongue.gif

O_O I'm so sorry. D: Thank you! I'll add you right away!!

Good to know! smile.gif Thank you! My bronze has grown up now, and I'll soon be seeking a mate for him.~ Now, as to naming... so if I obtain a queen and he becomes her mate, he has to have "of Pern" on the end of his name, but if I request an egg from someone's Weyr and it doesn't turn out to be a queen, then there's no naming rule? (I plan to name him with the Pernese -th at the end anyhow.)

In the meantime:

Weyr: Benden

Pair: Faranth/Rogeth (gold/deep-sea)

(..I see Faranth on your scroll, but she's not in your front-page lists. Is she the one you mean to start Benden Weyr with? Forgive and ignore if I'm messing up. xd.png)

If you request an egg from an established Weyr, you must use the "of Pern" suffix. Their mates don't HAVE to have it, but it would make it easier to identify them with - like I said, you can use other lineage dragons as mates for offspring.

The only mates that are REQUIRED to have "of Pern" are the mates of Queens. Those mates may also be from other lineages, but you will still have to name them appropriately for this lineage and any other ones they are involved with.

Examples!

Faranth of Pern + Rogeth of Pern = Deepsea Egg + Gold Egg

Both offspring must be named with a "-th" name + "of Pern". Deepsea's mate does NOT have to have "of Pern". The gold's mate MUST have "of Pern".

The only exception to non-queen offspring's mates is if the mate is ALSO an offspring from a Weyr.

That make sense? I should clarify on the front page too. xd.png

Also, I will do my best to pair up Faranth and Rogeth for you. They aren't established breeders yet, so I don't know if they'll refuse each other or not.

And yes, Faranth is starting my Weyr. I have to update that too. Coulda sworn I did.

Last two weeks of school for me this semester, things are a BIT crazy. dry.gif

So our eggs produced have to be named not only with a '-th' but with 'of pern' at the end?

For example I have Milzith (queen) and Falloth (bronze) so their eggs should be named xxxth of pern? instead of just xxxth?

Side notes:

can anyone point me towards weyr badges? I found one picture with all of them, but they didnt look very nice.

Also Milzith's third egg hatched into a pretty little sunsong smile.gif

Edited by tsubasafan

So our eggs produced have to be named not only with a '-th' but with 'of pern' at the end?

For example I have Milzith (queen) and Falloth (bronze) so their eggs should be named xxxth of pern? instead of just xxxth?

Side notes:

can anyone point me towards weyr badges? I found one picture with all of them, but they didnt look very nice.

Also Milzith's third egg hatched into a pretty little sunsong smile.gif

Yep, you got it.

That way it will be easier to identify offspring from the lineage, vs people who name all their dragons with Pernese names, or many of them. (Pryde comes to mind, although I've seen a few others around).

Also, the "of Pern" gives a better chance of your particular name being available. ^^'

I know a few people have their starting dragons for this lineage without the "of Pern", but as long as future dragons do, it'll be okay. I guess that part of the naming rule wasn't clear at that point in time. tongue.gif

Can you link where you found that picture? I've yet to find any real/official badges, or at least anything close. And thank you for the Weyr-area link, that was really cool!

If I wasn't scroll locked.... D:

If you request an egg from an established Weyr, you must use the "of Pern" suffix. Their mates don't HAVE to have it, but it would make it easier to identify them with - like I said, you can use other lineage dragons as mates for offspring. The only mates that are REQUIRED to have "of Pern" are the mates of Queens.

OK! So... *ticking off points on fingers* Faranth and Rogeth's future egg will be named "___th of Pern"; if it's gold, its mate will be named the same way; if (as is more likely) it's a deep-sea, its mate can be named the same way, but doesn't have to.

The only exception to non-queen offspring's mates is if the mate is ALSO an offspring from a Weyr.

..therefore, if I later request an egg from Fort's Orlith (*brb getting in line*), and pair that dragon with a deep-sea out of Faranth and Rogeth, both must be named "___th of Pern". And since my bronze out of Dreamer23's Ramoth and Mnementh isn't from a weyr established in this lineage, he only has to be named that if he's paired to a queen. Got it. biggrin.gif In that case, I'll wait to name him until finding his mate.

Also, I will do my best to pair up Faranth and Rogeth for you. They aren't established breeders yet, so I don't know if they'll refuse each other or not.

And yes, Faranth is starting my Weyr. I have to update that too. Coulda sworn I did.

Last two weeks of school for me this semester, things are a BIT crazy.  dry.gif

Yay (preemptively)~! And heh, school is like that (as are lineage rule lists, argh). :3 Thanks for being awesome and keeping this lineage together.

Edited by infiniteviking

Woohoo!!!! My Queen, Kultath, flew high and proud this week and mated with Bronze, Satanath (a Hellfire Wyvern).... We now have a Jr. Queen at Honshu WeyrHold!!!!! New Gold eggie

Will influence "her" and see to it that Honshu has 2 Queens to populate the weir smile.gif Sorry, will keep this one... next eggie will go to 1st person on the "Honshu" list (even if it turns out to be another gold)

Woohoo!!!! My Queen, Kultath, flew high and proud this week and mated with Bronze, Satanath (a Hellfire Wyvern).... We now have a Jr. Queen at Honshu WeyrHold!!!!! New Gold eggie

Will influence "her" and see to it that Honshu has 2 Queens to populate the weir smile.gif Sorry, will keep this one... next eggie will go to 1st person on the "Honshu" list (even if it turns out to be another gold)

Great news biggrin.gif I'm hoping Milzith will lay a queen instead of bronzes next time she rises to mate, but at least so far she's not failed a flight yet.

Great news!

And of course you can keep it! Btw, I love your Hellfire's name. That's...it's so fitting. xd.png

Weyr: Honshu WeyrHold

Pair: Kultath/Satanath

Intend to freeze: no

Any egg from that pair I think would make a nice match for an egg out of my Golden Ramoth and BRZ Mnementh for this lineage.

Faranth and Rogeth flew and I have a Deepsea Egg on the Hatching Grounds!

(PM'd infiniteviking)

Thanks a million to Mishii for the deepsea blue egg which is now sitting on my hatching grounds! My as-yet-unnamed bronze is watching over it carefully and keeping its sands nice and warm.<3

Edited by infiniteviking

It seems Milzith's newest hatchling became a female instead of a male :/ so it seems we'll have to hope for a boy when she rises to fly again today.

Ista's Queen Milzith rose to fly today and was caught be Bronze Falloth, they produced a bronze egg that is now resting in the hatching grounds.

Congrats to Tsubasafan (and also ldyfsh) on your dragons' recent flights! cool.gif

I have a name picked out for my blue, and have pretty much decided to influence it female. Now the question is whether to find a CB for her weyrmate or to pair her up with my second-gen bronze.....

I'm wondering, since the lineages are Weyr-based rather than user-based, does anyone feel like creating a spreadsheet to show which dragons are affiliated to which Weyr? Like:

Faranth || Female || Queen || (Gold) || Benden || mishii

Falloth || Male || Bronze || (Sunsong) || Ista || tsubasafan

(My egg) || Female || Blue || (Deep-sea) || Benden || infiniteviking

or something like that, so people can look at the lineage dragons by gender, breed, Weyr, user, or whatnot?

Well, the newest Jr. Queen has been named and resides at Honshu Weir... Here she is: Trith of Pern She will be grown up within the next few days and will probably take flight this weekend... any egg produced will most definitely be put up for adoption smile.gif

Would love to mate her to a Bronze of the "Sunsong" or "Hellfire" type but as of yet I have been unable to get another eggie of either type (my only "Sunsong" is female and my only "Hellfire" is her Daddy sad.gif ) If anyone has a spare eggie of either of these types (CB or Pern born from another weir) please let me know smile.gif

Edited by Ldyfsh

Ldyfsh I can try to breed a 2nd gen Hellfire from my cb gold Golden Ramoth and cb hellfire Brz Mnementh on Friday for you if you want.

Well, the newest Jr. Queen has been named and resides at Honshu Weir... Here she is: Trith of Pern She will be grown up within the next few days and will probably take flight this weekend... any egg produced will most definitely be put up for adoption smile.gif

Would love to mate her to a Bronze of the "Sunsong" or "Hellfire" type but as of yet I have been unable to get another eggie of either type (my only "Sunsong" is female and my only "Hellfire" is her Daddy sad.gif ) If anyone has a spare eggie of either of these types (CB or Pern born form another weir) please let me know smile.gif

I have a bronze Sunsong egg that I influenced male smile.gif

It might take a while if you're looking for a CB Gold. Would you consider taking a short gen Gold instead, if it came up? Or maybe a Silver? I know there weren't any silvers in the series, unless you stretch and count Ruth. But you could use a Silver, and maybe make a whole new "Story" of Pern dragons?

Just a thought. It would be a shame for a lovely lineage like this to end before it even started.

What on earth is a "CB" gold?

What on earth is a "CB" gold?

A gold dragon which is "caveborn", meaning that it has no lineage to link to. Eggs picked up as "mystery eggs" from the main cave, rather than from the abandoned-eggs page where you can see what they are, don't have a mother and father listed, ergo "caveborn" or CB. And golds are rare anyway, so picking up a gold directly from the cave is almost impossible.

*unless you already knew that and I fail at irony~*

Ldyfsh I can try to breed a 2nd gen Hellfire from my cb gold Golden Ramoth and cb hellfire Brz Mnementh on Friday for you if you want.

Thanks, that would be great, dreamer... I am currently out of town and using my laptop with VERY slow connection... will be back home and using my regular computer on Friday, so the timing will be perfect smile.gif PM me if and when you get an eggie smile.gif

@tsubasafan... thanks for the offer, but as stated above, right now my catching ability is pretty bad and by the time I get back your eggie should be hatched.... maybe next time smile.gif

Does anyone have a gold Pernese dragon named Suanth or Sjajath here?

I haven't heard of it...why?

Sidenote: I will get to editing new queens and such soon - last week of class and I have 4 projects to finish because I procrastinated. D: Oops.