mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually filled out the form to request to be the starter of a wyer a while back and seem to have been ignored... could someone PM me about this?

Someone please PM me in regard to this, as it is really a little surprising that i was overlooked so easily....

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

I actually filled out the form to request to be the starter of a wyer a while back and seem to have been ignored... could someone PM me about this?

Someone please PM me in regard to this, as it is really a little surprising that i was overlooked so easily....

.... PM'd, with link to post I made about having overlap for 2 Weyr requests.

.___.;;

eldrec --> Gyps13: Bronze egg (black) = Success!

I'm considering breeding it a mate from Sunsong x Hfire, but we'll see. Thanks eldrec! smile.gif

Sorry for the double post. Just reporting that bronze Elementh of Pern has grown up (CB HFire). He joins 2 other (as yet unnamed) bronzes waiting for their chance at a flight.

Elementh is a crossover for the Fifth Element lineage. I'll probably have a couple of others, but we'll see. happy.gif

Sorry for the double post. Just reporting that bronze Elementh of Pern has grown up (CB HFire). He joins 2 other (as yet unnamed) bronzes waiting for their chance at a flight.

Elementh is a crossover for the Fifth Element lineage. I'll probably have a couple of others, but we'll see. happy.gif

Hey, congrats! That's a great name!

Gives me warm fuzzies to know that my lineage project is now intertwined with a long standing, big lineage ^^;

News from this corner of Benden: Kaiidth and Wrath have been introduced to one another, but were not interested in flying this week. Will try again when they feel like it. Meanwhile, the Weyr has acquired a CB whiptail brown egg which is due to hatch soon; one of our reds watchwhers has taken to it and her tender care should allow it to hatch well ahead of schedule.

I'm also following Odio's lead and introducing fire lizards to my hatching grounds, starting with Zair of Harper Hall, who used to be a bronze pygmy -- really -- but somehow fell into a bucket of gold paint. tongue.gif

Last but not least:

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Fort

Pair: Messoriath / Imperioth

Intend to freeze: No

Edited by infiniteviking

Congrats, EragonSaphiraRider!

News: our recent whiptail brown has hatched and his name is Crwth of Pern. (Crwth is a Scrabble word; who would've thought? biggrin.gif ) Harper Hall has also picked up a new fire lizard egg, and we're waiting for it to hatch.

About breeding order -- since blue Kaiidth and bronze Wrath didn't feel like cooperating last time, should Wrath try to fly her again when they're ready? Or should brown Crwth get a turn (and then a green, and then a blue, and then bronze Wrath again)?

Congrats, EragonSaphiraRider!

News: our recent whiptail brown has hatched and his name is Crwth of Pern. (Crwth is a Scrabble word; who would've thought? biggrin.gif ) Harper Hall has also picked up a new fire lizard egg, and we're waiting for it to hatch.

About breeding order -- since blue Kaiidth and bronze Wrath didn't feel like cooperating last time, should Wrath try to fly her again when they're ready? Or should brown Crwth get a turn (and then a green, and then a blue, and then bronze Wrath again)?

The way I'm doing it, you keep rotating mates until you produce a gold egg. Then that becomes the permanent mate.

Congrats, Eragon! biggrin.gif

Also, I haven't heard from Expo in forever (I PMd last week) so for now, Eragon will have Telgar, considering they have a gold already and such...

Once I get unlocked, Faranth will be flying again. Should be in a day or two. I had a few good gifts/trades for a Even 6th Gen project and they locked me up.

Also, to clarify the non-Pern-born mates - if you have other projects that the mate could be useful in/was used in, by all means go ahead and use it for that too. It just can't be used to mate other queens from this lineage if it produces a gold. If you do use it elsewhere, just be careful of inbreeding if that bothers you. I was thinking about that today, and don't think I addressed that before tongue.gif

(Ex: you mated your Pern dragon to a 5th Element dragon, you'd end up with an Elemental Pern egg, and you could continue to use your Element dragon for your Element projects or other breedings. If it produced a gold egg with a queen, then it can't be bred with other Pern dragons anymore.)

Edited by mishii

Milzith should be ready to fly sometime tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully last week was just a fluke.

Telgar's queen egg will hatch when its ready. I already have thought of a name, but I have a question. Which breeds are Fire-lizards??

eldrec --> Gyps13: Bronze egg (black) = Success!

I'm considering breeding it a mate from Sunsong x Hfire, but we'll see. Thanks eldrec! smile.gif

This little one gendered male, was named Feyveneth of Pern, and just grew up a few minutes ago. He'll be ready to fly as soon as the Cave settles down a bit. And by Cave, I mean my Scroll. lol

Thanks. happy.gif

Congrats on the gold. smile.gif

This little one gendered male, was named Feyveneth of Pern, and just grew up a few minutes ago. He'll be ready to fly as soon as the Cave settles down a bit. And by Cave, I mean my Scroll. lol

Grats! happy.gif

I just wanted to once again say thank you to Mishii for the lovely hellfire egg that she gave me on irc. It has now grown up into a handsome male named Crinan Maldryth of Pern.

Telgar's queen egg will hatch when its ready. I already have thought of a name, but I have a question. Which breeds are Fire-lizards??

Not sure, but I would think pygmy's and pumpkins? since they're the smallest and breed with each other.

I just wanted to once again say thank you to Mishii for the lovely hellfire egg that she gave me on irc. It has now grown up into a handsome male named Crinan Maldryth of Pern.

You are very welcome! happy.gif

The way I'm doing it, you keep rotating mates until you produce a gold egg. Then that becomes the permanent mate.

Only trouble is, I can't produce a gold egg. Kaiidth, the lineage dragon, is a Deep-Sea female. Does she still rotate through bronze-brown-green-blue until she produces an egg of her own kind? Or do I try to get a low-gen female gold so that its male offspring can pair with Kaiidth? Or does it not matter because she's blue and not gold?

The fire-lizard thing I'm doing is very unofficial -- basically, I had a CB pygmy and named him Zair of Harper Hall, and am using him and another CB pygmy (so far unnamed) to start a line of Harper Hall pygmies/fire lizards, which is only affiliated with this lineage if Mishii wants it to be. I just like to think of fire lizards flitting around with my Pern dragons. biggrin.gif As Tsubasa mentioned, pygmys also breed with pumpkin dragons, so those would be potential mates also (though most peoples' pumpkins are already named).

Congrats on your dragons, Gyps and RayneKitty!

Edited by infiniteviking

Yikes. xd.png Feyveneth rose and caught another bronze, and successfully clutched. Problem is, he went after the wrong lady, lol (my fault obviously).

If anyone would like this lovely egg, please let me know. It's warming on the sands, but may not be there for long. xd.png

(I meant to breed him with the CB Sunsong, not the Gen 2, lol xd.png)

EDIT: btw, I had an idea about the Firelizards. What if we used properly named (of Pern or of ____ Hold) frozens of the various breeds? We could pick 5 of the more common breeds available in the Pern list to represent each color, maybe use the Sunsongs as psuedo golds. Say, Black for Bronze, Whiptail for Brown, Pebble or Mint or Green, and Deep Sea for Blue? Since technically Frozens are young ones that never grow up, in essence they're miniature dragons. And the Fire Lizards were miniature dragons.

Thoughts? It would be an interesting way to incorporate "the kids" (frozens).

Oh! And if we accidentally inbreed without realizing it, you could make them Watchwhers (sp?)! Name them "__________ of the Watchwhers", and either freeze them or just never breed them.

Just some random musings on my part. happy.gif Not sure how involved everyone wants to get. lol

Edited by Gyps13

During the early morning hours, Milzith woke up and rose to mate. Flying over Ista weyr she was caught by Falloth, who woke up in time to catch her.

Now, Milzith has given us a new bronze egg that's resting with her. biggrin.gif

Due to our queen's early rising, it seems we've had a few greens take flight as well. Only one produced an egg, a little brown egg that is now sitting close to Ista's new bronze.

Ista also has a cute little brown who hatched the other day, playing about the weyr with a new white hatchling.

If anyone is interested in either whiptail/sunsong egg or hatchling pm me smile.gif

Edited by tsubasafan

I would like to join

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: High Reaches or Monaco Bay

Pair: Senior

Intend to freeze: No

Yikes. xd.png Feyveneth rose and caught another bronze, and successfully clutched. Problem is, he went after the wrong lady, lol (my fault obviously).

If anyone would like this lovely egg, please let me know. It's warming on the sands, but may not be there for long. xd.png

(I meant to breed him with the CB Sunsong, not the Gen 2, lol xd.png)

EDIT: btw, I had an idea about the Firelizards. What if we used properly named (of Pern or of ____ Hold) frozens of the various breeds? We could pick 5 of the more common breeds available in the Pern list to represent each color, maybe use the Sunsongs as psuedo golds. Say, Black for Bronze, Whiptail for Brown, Pebble or Mint or Green, and Deep Sea for Blue? Since technically Frozens are young ones that never grow up, in essence they're miniature dragons. And the Fire Lizards were miniature dragons.

Thoughts? It would be an interesting way to incorporate "the kids" (frozens).

Oh! And if we accidentally inbreed without realizing it, you could make them Watchwhers (sp?)! Name them "__________ of the Watchwhers", and either freeze them or just never breed them.

Just some random musings on my part. happy.gif Not sure how involved everyone wants to get. lol

That actually sounds pretty cool.

I don't think we need to limit the colors to 5 breeds, as there are different shades for each color, but if you wanted to you could. But I like choices, so. tongue.gif (I liked the ones you picked, though).

I also had another idea - we could figure out various Halls to use, use the "of Pern" ending, or even use "of ___" and use a Weyr.

Watchweyrs are cool! <3

I saw someone mention their eggs being watched over by one (a red?) and I thought that was cute.

That's a good idea to do for inbred dragons - although if you wanted to breed your inbred Watchweyrs together and make a Watchweyr family, that would be entertaining. xd.png; Longest Inbred, anyone?

Gyps, you linked a Thuwed Magma, not your Sunsong, just fyi. tongue.gif

And Infiniteviking - in your case, I'm not sure. o_o Yours is kind of an offshoot line from my queen that started with the deepsea, so I suppose your deepsea is the "queen" of your section/Wing/etc. You could rotate until another deepsea is produced, if you want. That way you'll be moving your line along instead of sitting at that one dragon producing eggs forever. xd.png Or you could wait until a hatchling gendered female and make that the new "queen" of the line. No influencing! tongue.gif

Oops. xd.png I meant this egg, lol.

I'll mull over things a bit more later. Just got home and need a nap. xd.png