mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mishii did you see that I gave the link to Roselewth in an earlier post for you? We also have a unnofical Junior Queen here, shall I add her? She's not related to Roselewth.

Have good news and bad news...

Good news: The Bronze I received from Monaco Bay has gendered and been named... may i introduce the newest male in our wing ---> Kerth of Pern

Good thing he is a male because....

Bad news: Our Jr. Queen, Trith, has spurned yet another male in flight... the 1st male she down right refused... the next she had no interest in... hopefully she will "like" Kerth when he matures smile.gif *crosses fingers* She seems to be taking after her mother, Queen Kultath (she has had no interest ever since she birthed Trith)... Hope Honshu starts producing eggs soon or our wing won't be ready when "thread" falls :0

@Eragon - Yeah, I saw it just now. Missed it earlier. I'll fix it in a bit when I get home. And where did your junior queen come from? If it was bred from another Weyr, I can specify that is where it is from so people can choose which queen/junior queen they'd like eggs from. Link it anyway ^^;

@Dragonmage - I'm trying to figure it out -__- All the Weyrs are taken (I actually need to double check it but I don't have time at the moment, I have like 30 seconds to get back downstairs) I'm thinking about getting into the "wingsecond" thing that infiniteviking is kinda doing under my Weyr. For now we the majority vote is to not open non-canon Weyrs until the lineage is bigger/more well known, but I DO want to include people. X_x

K, gotta flee, I'll update later >.<

Ldyfsh, wow, refusals are going around! o_O Welcome, though, to Kerth.

--And to Eragon's new junior queen!

I'm thinking about getting into the "wingsecond" thing that infiniteviking is kinda doing under my Weyr.

Cool! In case anyone's interested, my "wingsecond" thing kinda developed like this:

• The Pern lineage dragon I have, Kaiidth, is out of Mishii's Benden queen, Faranth. Kaiidth a Deep Sea female, so my scroll doesn't really have a queen. Instead, I'm visualizing Kaiidth as a mid-rank Benden dragon, subordinate to Faranth and the Benden Weyrwoman and Weyrleader.
  • According to Wikipedia, "Wingleaders each lead a wing of 12-33 dragons. Each Wingleader has two Wingseconds who may be brownriders or young bronzeriders in training to be a Wingleader." That suggests that Wingleaders ride bronzes. My single Pern-named bronze, Wrath, must then be the nominal Wingleader of "my wing" of Benden dragons.
  • Wrath's wing includes all the Pernese dragons I have so far. His attentions to Kaiidth anchor him to Benden. I'm trying to catch CBs of each color to be Kaiidth's prospective mates. One refused her, and will be bred to the next lineaged female I acquire.
  • Haven't decided what to do if ever get a low-gen queen. If I get another bronze, he will be attached to a Weyr either by lineage or by breeding with a lineaged dragon. If I get a lineaged dragon from a different Weyr, its prospective mates will comprise a Wing for that Weyr.
Complicated, yeah. biggrin.gif But as long as Mishii thinks it sounds reasonable, that's the structure I visualize here.

*edit* Also, my wing has just increased by one. Welcome to CB pebble green Gorath of Pern, who will hopefully get along with Kaiidth as well as Wrath has! Anyone who knows why I named him Gorath gets a cookie. biggrin.gif

Edited by infiniteviking

I have another question.

I have a seccond gen Albino egg with CBAlbinoXFrill parents. Would it be a sutible possibe mate for a pernese queen?

And what about the new release next week? how long will it be before it is decided what breeds are sutible for this linage?

Mishii --- Just noticed that one the Weyr List you have my name as: lydfsh, actually it's Ldyfsh.... just thought I'd clear up the mis-spelling so I can get any PMs that might be sent to me smile.gif Thank you for your diligence and time keeping this all updated smile.gif

@ Zephyr: As soon as they come out, I'll take a look at 'em, and then update you guys. More than likely I'll try to fit all of them into the different breeds if I can. I'm thinking about maybe cutting down on the number of dragons used, but I'll leave it open to you guys if you want me to cut down to just the original breed colors (bronze, brown, blue, and bred green females) or if you like the choices of using all the colors available (like reds, whites, etc). This project is kind of evolving as it goes, as it was originally going to be a personal project but then I threw it open to the forums.

And yes, that would be a fine mate. If you don't have dragons to follow the order of breeding for a queen, you can always ask here for some bred dragons, or just start on the color-list with whatever you have and continue, then recycle the list. I'm not forcing you to use CB mates since I know some people have trouble catching certain breeds out of the Cave (Sunsongs, Hellfires, blacks-lol, Autumns when they come back around) so bred dragons are fine. I don't remember if I actually went back and clarified that, but thanks for reminding me.

@Ldyfsh: /facepalms Sorry!! Brainfart. xd.png

@infinite: that idea is actually how I was kinda seeing you following it anyway, so that pretty much works.

Does everyone else kinda agree with that?

Bad news everyone, the Junior Queen egg died......Oh dear.... so we still only have Roselewth. it was not from another weyr either the junior queen egg. Though could someone breed me a replacement egg since Roselewth is being too fussy?

Bad news everyone, the Junior Queen egg died......Oh dear.... so we still only have Roselewth. it was not from another weyr either the junior queen egg. Though could someone breed me a replacement egg since Roselewth is being too fussy?

Oh my goodness, what happened? I'm sad to hear that. D:

I feel you there, my Faranth is just being a prude. >.<

Our weyr suffered through an earthquake and our prized gold egg was not the only casualty. We have had tremors run through a lot during the last moth and have llost a white egg as well a couple of weeks ago.

Just chiming in to say I'm still here...lol Evaneth has still not risen. (Code for I've bred the silly girl three times and she doesn't want anything to do with the bronzes giving chase.)

I'm sure Southern will have a spectacular mating flight soon with a good clutch.

At least she hasn't refused anyone yet...

In re eggs of different breeds, I'll probably stick to the traditional colors in my wing, but don't particularly mind if the lineage standard is more lax. It's fun getting lots of different breeds into one lineage. tongue.gif I do like allowing green males and bronze/brown females, though; it makes color matching easier in the lower ranks.

Mishii, glad you approve! I'll just carry on over here then. biggrin.gif

Eragon, that's sad! D: My wing is keening for the loss and offers any help they can.

Phoenix, my brown Crwth thinks all those bronzes are silly and that he'd be able to catch Evaneth if he were there (his ego is kind of ridiculous~ biggrin.gif ). Best of luck with her future flights!

Edited by infiniteviking

Hi... Honshu Weyrhold would like to request an egg from Southern's Evanath at her next flight if possible... Trying to get some new blood into our wings and I see that Southern's list for requests hasn't been started yet smile.gif Am willing to reciprocate when one of my queens decides to produce eggs smile.gif

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Junior, Eragon. sad.gif

Feyveneth is eagerly waiting for the secondary sands (my scroll) to clear at Monaco Bay, which might happen later this evening. He's spotted a lovely female that, although Bronze, seems to be beginning to glow gold (a Sunsong), and getting ready to fly. Hopefully her temper will improve by then.

There are also a few Greens fighting over the food pens, and I've seen Elementh eyeing them as well. We may possibly have 2 flights today. smile.gif

------------------------

Infiniteviking, I was wondering if you could clarify your whole "Wingsecond" idea a bit more. I want to see if it was similar to what I was planning on doing. For reference, this is how I'm going to work mine:

- Bronze (black) Feyveneth came from Southern's Senior Queen, so I envision him as my Wingleader.

- I'm mating him only to Sunsongs, which I envision as "imitation Golds", even though they are classified as Bronze

- I'll mate him twice, aiming for 2 more Bronzes (blacks), and Influence them male.

- His 2 sons will become the "Wingseconds". They'll be mated to CBs of either Sunsongs or Greens.

- If I get Sunsongs or Greens from those pairings, I'll Influence them Female, and mate them to either CB Blues or CB Bronzes.

- If I get Bronzes (blacks) from any of those pairings, I'll Influence them Male and mate them to more Sunsongs and Greens.

- Any of Feyveneth's other children will be available for adoption by other Wings and/or Weyrs, as will any extras from the rest of the Wing.

- If I ever get another Gold Female, I'll mate her with Feyveneth, and start a different Wing, doing the same thing over again.

- To be sure there's no accidental inbreeding, I'm going to make sure all mates are CB (except the Gold of course).

So basically, my entire wing will descend from Feyveneth and his mate, and all the Sunsongs and Greens will be Female, and all of the Bronzes (blacks, Hfires, Whiptials, Autumns) will be Male, to try and keep a bit with the book.

So, are we thinking along similar lines, or am I just not understanding what you're doing instead?

Also, as far as Firelizards go, I'm still debating, but I do think that for now I'm going to use frozen hatchies instead of Pygmies, unless another pint-sized breed is released. What I'll do is freeze those hatchies that gender wrong (either defying Influence or when I don't have an Influence to use), and come up with some strange backstory to explain it. xd.png

And last thing, as far as colors and breeds go: I'm more of a traditionalist. Not totally, as my above post shows, but pretty close. Personally, I'd vote to restrict the breeds to those that actually fit closer to the actual colors of the Pern dragons.

I don't really think black fits, but since they're already breeding (and I have one, lol), and in the interests of "not rocking the boat", I'd say keep them in. I'd also suggest not using Autumn, unless absolutely necessary, mainly because they don't breed true, except in the Norhtern Hemisphere's Autumn. We have 4 other breeds available: Black, HFire, Sunsong, Whiptail. True Black, Sunsong and Hfire are a bit harder to get, especially the Blacks, but Whiptails are common enough that you can easily snag a CB from the Cave. I've also noticed lately that HFires and Sunsongs are finally becoming a bit easier to snag. I'd say stick with those 4 "Bronze" Breeds.

I'd also suggest doing what I'm doing, and using Sunsongs as "substitute Golds".

For Greens and Blues, we have tons of Breeds that fit in there. The only ones I don't think really fit are:

For the Blues

- Nebulas (because only the Females are really Blue)

- Winters (for the same reason mentioned earlier about the Autumns)

- Blue Striped (because you might end up with a Red stripe by accident)

For the Greens

- Green Striped (because, again, you may end up with a Red or White stripe instead of Blue or Green)

- Water Walkers (because they're sort of stuck between Blue and Green)

I also wouldn't bother with any of the other colors: Reds, Pinks, Purples, White, etc. There are plenty of properly colored breeds, both common and uncommon, for it to be easy to find a properly colored mate.

Whew! Sorry for the long post. This is what happens when you're out of the loop for a while and have to catch up. xd.png

btw, I'm going to have to get a new computer. I probably won't be back to normal activity for around a month, unfortunately. But I'm still here and active, at least scroll-wise. lol happy.gif

Eragon, Kaiidth and Wrath will try again in three or four days; hopefully they'll be more cooperative this time. (Gorath will just have to wait his turn. ^^)

Gyps, hmmm, I'll try! Would a spreadsheet help? xd.png

I don't think mine is as complex as yours.~ I'm not breeding specific wingseconds, influencing my lineaged dragons (just their CB mates), or making all greens female and whatnot, so my line will be less symmetrical than yours; this is probably because I'm starting with a lineaged blue rather than a lineaged bronze.

Blue Kaiidth (my only official dragon descended from this lineage) is from Mishii's Benden line, so I basically envision a corner of Benden Weyr where she and her beaus hang out. Since she's a blue dragon, the position of "wingleader" is relegated to her foremost bronze mate, Wrath. Kaiidth, her other mates, her eventual offspring, and their mates will comprise a "Benden wing" under Wrath's command.

As to mating order, I'm still lining up mates of different colors for Kaiidth. (Since she's not a queen, she can't mate with a gold or an imitation gold; this is where I'd break my rule and influence any gold to be female.) Wrath is her bronze; a substitute brown is being sought because brown Crwth wouldn't cooperate; green Gorath is still growing up; I'll be looking for a skywing to be her blue mate. Unless otherwise requested, she will be paired with each dragon in turn whenever it's time to try for an egg.

The identities of the wingseconds are still undetermined -- though Crwth wants to be one, since he's a lot tad overconfident. Crwth is a special case: he was supposed to be Kaiidth's CB brown but they refused each other, so he's just hanging around waiting for her to have a daughter, unless we get a lineaged female from a different Weyr for him to take up with. If we do, he will be shifted to her Weyr and wing and become a wingsecond there.

I'm sticking with my pygmy firelizard project, but your version sounds Equally Good Only Different. biggrin.gif

As to the colors: Interesting analysis! Agreeing with you on red/white/pink/purple, as well as stones and geodes. I haven't been using Sunsongs as bronzes, because they seem more gold/blue than bronze to me; they would, as you say, make great "junior golds". Hfire strikes me as the ultimate bronze breed, though I could imagine black dragons as playful bronzes or browns who rolled around in the firestone and got sooty. wink.gif Whiptail (and possibly Autumn) would be my basic brown. I wouldn't want to restrict bronze to Hfire, though, because they are hard to get as caveborns, at least right now; so the status quo is fine with me.

I'm staying away from stripes for exactly your reasons. As for autumns, the breeds they produce at other times of year also fit in with this lineage -- blue winters, green springs/summers -- so I don't see a problem with them.

Nebulas I'm not sure about. Have female Hfires been let into the lineage? If they haven't, could male Nebulas be excluded as well, and all Hfires be influenced male and all nebulas female? Just a thought.

Good luck with Feyvenath and Elementh's flights, and on getting a new computer!

Wow. Love the Wing structure as outlined by mishii, Gyps, and infiniteviking. Guess I should probably keep the next few bronze offspring that Jalith gives birth to for wingleaders... as a senior Queen handler, I'm going to have to go quite a way to catch up with all of the creativity around here in the second wings!

Jalith should rise again tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a successful mating.

eldrec

Just an aside... Feyeneth is Jalith's firstborn from Monaco bay... so he will always be third in command after Jalith and his stepfather, Zorith. None of Jalith's other offspring can take that place from him without a fight.

smile.gif

I think I will do this as well. I have a younger CB Whiptail, sadly already named that may take their chance next at Roselewth. Is that allowable?

I will add you to a list for Evaneth's first egg Ldyfsh.

I will add you to a list for Evaneth's first egg Ldyfsh.

Thank you... Also, I am looking for any Pernese green eggs for my wings... if any Weyr or Hold produces a green egg I'd love to be put on the list for that (need some females to produce some wing eggs other than my queens since they prefer Hellfire Bronzes) Will take good care of any eggies transferred my way smile.gif

Thank you... Also, I am looking for any Pernese green eggs for my wings... if any Weyr or Hold produces a green egg I'd love to be put on the list for that (need some females to produce some wing eggs other than my queens since they prefer Hellfire Bronzes) Will take good care of any eggies transferred my way smile.gif

I have a green egg just bred.

Ista's Queen Milzith rose tonight and was caught by bronze Falloth. biggrin.gif They produced another little bronze egg.

Milzith's daughter Sunsoth of Pern, produced her second egg today right after her mother as well, as she was unexpectedly caught by a green male and gave us a little green egg.

Two high and fast flights have produced two new bronze eggs on Monaco Bay Sands. The bronze out of Feyveneth seems more gold than bronze (Sunsong), so we're eager to see what hatches from it. Elementh and a random blue (Ice) have produced another of his kind (HFire), and he is now keeping proud watch over it. We're hoping for another male.

I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep the Sunsong, or possibly turn it into my first "Fire Lizard". We'll see. Depending on the timing of the next release, it may go to the AP, since I can't trade it away. I'll report on it when I decide. happy.gif

Edited by Gyps13

I have a green egg just bred.

I'd love to have it if it's still available smile.gif